PC2 Project CARS Release Confirmed for September 22nd, New Trailer and Porsche

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 Porsche 3.jpg

Project CARS 2 will release this September 22nd it has finally been confirmed, plus Slightly Mad Studios reveal the first batch of Porsche cars coming to the game and a new trailer!

With the game widely promoted by Slightly Mad Studios over the past few weeks, excitement has continued to build amongst the sim racing community as fans eagerly await evidence that SMS have taken on-board the often justified criticism of the original game.

Expected to be bigger and better than its older brother Project CARS 1, the new title will continue the tradition of incorporating a wide and diverse selection of both road and racing cars from a number of different eras of automotive history. Coupled with the expected class leading graphics and a bunch of new features either expanded from the original title or brought to the franchise for the first time, on paper at least the new Project CARS 2 game does look to contain all the individual elements required for an instant classic release. However despite the overwhelmingly positive (admittedly self generated) hype around the game, many fans who perceived the original title to fall below expectations will continue to remain cautious until getting their hands on the game for themselves later this year.

As part of the upcoming E3 event Slightly Mad Studios have at least kept to the first promise made for the new game, with September 22nd now revealed as the official release date on both consoles and PC confirmed and in the bag, Initially teased by SMS Studio Head Ian Bell several weeks ago, September is officially confirmed alongside the list of Porsche cars scheduled to be included in the vanilla version of the title (see full list below).

Project CARS 2 Porsche Release List:
  • 911 GT1-98
  • 911 GT3 R (991)
  • 911 GT3 R Endurance (991)
  • 911 GT3 RS
  • 918 Spyder
  • 935/77
  • 935/80
  • 936 Spyder
  • 962C
  • 962C Langheck
  • Cayman GT4 Clubsport

Project CARS 2 is very much shaping up to be one of the most potentially interesting releases of 2017 in the sim racing world, and with big budgets, big name drivers, big manufacturers and plenty of content and features to try out this September it will be interesting to see how the game stacks up to its immediate rivals September 22nd!

Project CARS 2 will be available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC 22nd September 2017.

Project CARS 2 Porsche 1.jpg
Project CARS 2 Porsche 4.jpg
Project CARS 2 Porsche 6.jpg
Project CARS 2 Porsche 2.jpg
Project CARS 2 Porsche 5.jpg
Project CARS 2 Porsche 7.jpg
Project CARS 2 Porsche 8.jpg
Project CARS 2 Porsche 9.jpg

The Project CARS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for all the latest news and discussion around this exciting new game from Slightly Mad Studios. Check out the sub forum, get involved in the discussion and join our community as we await release later this year!

Looking forward to the new game? Excited to see Porsche coming to the sim? What new cars and tracks have you noticed in the latest trailer? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Your post is a bit contradictory as you put some wild assumptions as facts, and then say they are your opinion :).

No use arguing with a known troll. The dude got booted from WMD and he's been bitter ever since.

EDIT: Andy Jackson demanded me for an apology, insisting that he was never a part of WMD and never got booted from there. I apologize if this is indeed the case (I don't have the time nor interest to verify it.. I'll take his word for it. It's possible I've mixed him up with one of the other trolls).

Doesn't change anything though. He has constantly been rude and dismissive here on these forums, to pretty much everybody (especially in the pCars part of the forums).. but I'm sure this is pretty obvious to most people by now. That he is completely oblivious to all this is rather telling.

Last edited:
No use arguing with a known troll. The dude got booted from WMD and he's been bitter ever since.

When are you going to apologise for lying? Do you enjoy making things up? I have never been booted or banned from WMD ever. And I am not bitter in the slightest. I never purchased Pcars either so why would I be bitter like all the other disgruntled sim racers who did purchase it and were dissapointed with its unfinished state?
I look forward to accepting your apology if you are man enough to give one when you are wrong. It might be the first I have ever had from a genuine Pcars fanboy and bell sycophant. It is your type that are toxic on all the forums. Pushing your WMD investor mentality onto us all. Calling names, belittling people etc.

@bmanic EDIT: I see you can add a sad smiley but not apologise for your lying?
edit no.2 Please stop sending me nasty pm's too. It's not very mature.:poop::thumbsdown:

Last edited:
Reminder... from our Terms of Service :

Mutual respect between the people using the RaceDepartment.com website(s) and forums. This means you may not personally attack other forum users. malicious behaviour and bullying will not be tolerated. If there is a problem report it to the staff.

When are you going to apologise for lying? Do you enjoy making things up? I have never been booted or banned from WMD ever. And I am not bitter in the slightest. I never purchased Pcars either so why would I be bitter like all the other disgruntled sim racers who did purchase it and were dissapointed with its unfinished state?
I look forward to accepting your apology if you are man enough to give one when you are wrong. It might be the first I have ever had from a genuine Pcars fanboy and bell sycophant.

@bmanic EDIT: I see you can add a sad smiley but not apologise for your lying?

.. and as I said, just look at the behavior here. Keeps demanding things from others, yet completely oblivious to his own actions. Anyhow, back to ignoring the guy again.

@andy: apology edited into the original post as an edit. I'm not here to spread lies (unlike you) so if the information was indeed wrong, I apologize. That doesn't change the fact that you are constantly trolling people or just being super difficult and rude to people. Have you ever apologized to anybody here on these forums? How you ever corrected your behavior? Yeah..

.. and as I said, just look at the behavior here. Keeps demanding things from others, yet completely oblivious to his own actions. Anyhow, back to ignoring the guy again.

@andy: apology edited into the original post as an edit. I'm not here to spread lies (unlike you) so if the information was indeed wrong, I apologize. That doesn't change the fact that you are constantly trolling people or just being super difficult and rude to people. Have you ever apologized to anybody here on these forums? How you ever corrected your behavior? Yeah..

Jesus H. What is wrong with you? I don't spread lies. I don't tell lies. I don't make things up to belittle others. I don't call you a troll publicly. What lies have I made up? Just an apology would have sufficed for the stuff you made up to make you look good. Seriously what's the matter with you?
I ask questions, awkward questions to those who would justify a games greatness. Some people have to do this because the fan boys and supporters of certain games would have us all believe that they are perfect without faults. The whole idea of forums is to discuss the details, ridicule the false and critique the claimed.
You made up some lies to make you look good, you were wrong. Lets leave it at that. But stop calling me a liar.

Meanwhile back at the Ranch :whistling: ... just been tearing up Hockenheim in the GT3 Merc in the new build, brilliant. The way the rain pools and dries is bloody fantastic - wisps of steam as the water dries - and you gotta be real careful hitting the deeper puddles as you can easily lose traction and aquaplane. FFB on my Accuforce is very nice and the faffing around to get the right feel is a long gone memory.:thumbsup:

Yeah is the best piece of sim junk I bought over 2 years ago now and my wife is even happy that I don't constantly buy & sell wheels anymore though I think I may have left a zero off the admitted price out of my love for her ... you guys understand ! :roflmao:

Meanwhile back at the Ranch :whistling: ... just been tearing up Hockenheim in the GT3 Merc in the new build, brilliant. The way the rain pools and dries is bloody fantastic - wisps of steam as the water dries - and you gotta be real careful hitting the deeper puddles as you can easily lose traction and aquaplane. FFB on my Accuforce is very nice and the faffing around to get the right feel is a long gone memory.:thumbsup:
Great to hear you are loving this. Please be sure to post your FFB settings here after the final version is released. Would love to try your settings on my Accuforce. It will sure save me some time upon initial release to have a solid starting point. No doubt we all micro tune probably more than necessary, but always helps to see what others are using and/ or doing with theirs. Funny how you can lose a zero so easily to explain our addiction to these sims. But I for one am very happy with mine. Plenty of torque for me and great detail. Looking forward to the release of Pcars2 as everyone is saying how much it has improved from Pcars1, and as I stated previously, I thought that was rather good as well.

For sure and you will be surprised how easy it is to dial in what you want. There is still a custom option for those who like to drill down into the finer details of the FFB but otherwise you just select and go. You can map couple of FFB settings to your wheel for changes on the fly as well which is pretty neat, else from the pause menu in game you have access to adjust FFB plus few other things so it definitely is a huge step up in more ways than one.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back