PC2 Project CARS Release Confirmed for September 22nd, New Trailer and Porsche

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 Porsche 3.jpg

Project CARS 2 will release this September 22nd it has finally been confirmed, plus Slightly Mad Studios reveal the first batch of Porsche cars coming to the game and a new trailer!

With the game widely promoted by Slightly Mad Studios over the past few weeks, excitement has continued to build amongst the sim racing community as fans eagerly await evidence that SMS have taken on-board the often justified criticism of the original game.

Expected to be bigger and better than its older brother Project CARS 1, the new title will continue the tradition of incorporating a wide and diverse selection of both road and racing cars from a number of different eras of automotive history. Coupled with the expected class leading graphics and a bunch of new features either expanded from the original title or brought to the franchise for the first time, on paper at least the new Project CARS 2 game does look to contain all the individual elements required for an instant classic release. However despite the overwhelmingly positive (admittedly self generated) hype around the game, many fans who perceived the original title to fall below expectations will continue to remain cautious until getting their hands on the game for themselves later this year.

As part of the upcoming E3 event Slightly Mad Studios have at least kept to the first promise made for the new game, with September 22nd now revealed as the official release date on both consoles and PC confirmed and in the bag, Initially teased by SMS Studio Head Ian Bell several weeks ago, September is officially confirmed alongside the list of Porsche cars scheduled to be included in the vanilla version of the title (see full list below).

Project CARS 2 Porsche Release List:
  • 911 GT1-98
  • 911 GT3 R (991)
  • 911 GT3 R Endurance (991)
  • 911 GT3 RS
  • 918 Spyder
  • 935/77
  • 935/80
  • 936 Spyder
  • 962C
  • 962C Langheck
  • Cayman GT4 Clubsport

Project CARS 2 is very much shaping up to be one of the most potentially interesting releases of 2017 in the sim racing world, and with big budgets, big name drivers, big manufacturers and plenty of content and features to try out this September it will be interesting to see how the game stacks up to its immediate rivals September 22nd!

Project CARS 2 will be available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC 22nd September 2017.

Project CARS 2 Porsche 1.jpg
Project CARS 2 Porsche 4.jpg
Project CARS 2 Porsche 6.jpg
Project CARS 2 Porsche 2.jpg
Project CARS 2 Porsche 5.jpg
Project CARS 2 Porsche 7.jpg
Project CARS 2 Porsche 8.jpg
Project CARS 2 Porsche 9.jpg

The Project CARS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for all the latest news and discussion around this exciting new game from Slightly Mad Studios. Check out the sub forum, get involved in the discussion and join our community as we await release later this year!

Looking forward to the new game? Excited to see Porsche coming to the sim? What new cars and tracks have you noticed in the latest trailer? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
There was a video showing PC2 pit animations (maybe the person posted without authorization? it was taken down), was very nice seeing the pit lane not empty, but I wonder why is it not being shown in any preview yet? Hope they won't drop it this time

I will take your word for it Ian! I mean, the game looks amazing...great selection of cars and tracks, multiplayer also looks amazing...the bar has been set very high here...now driving, controllers and ffb will need to be on the same level of everything else. If they are, you will have a winner!

My interest is definitely coming back for this, won't pre order this time, I have my own little checklist of things I hope to see included, mostly things missing form PC1.
With Le Mans coming I've been messing with PC1 and been having a blast with the different LMP car's. I now have the FFB pretty good(a hybrid Jack Spade tweaker file) but only for the Le Man's track, some other track's still feel lifeless no matter what I try.

I just wish I could choose the multiclass field, but rumour has it you can in PC2? :cautious:

Fingers crossed.........

Having played the pre release for some time now I find it marginally better than the original in drive ability hopefully further improvements can be made to make it drive as nice as it looks.

By the looks of the video, Cars included, night/weather effects, graphics, all that is included: Indycar, GT3, classic race cars (Ferrari Daytona! Porsche 935! C'MON!, rally etc, this could well be the best racing game to date ever. If it's done right and the physics are there, there will be no reason not to buy this. Looks absolutely tremendous.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 350 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 243 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%