PC2 Project CARS Pro Announced During LA Auto Show

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS Pro 1.jpg

Slightly Mad Studios have announced the professional grade version of Project CARS 2 at the LA Auto Show....

Working in collaboration with Porsche at the recent LA Auto Show, Slightly Mad Studios have confirmed a new spin off version of their popular Project CARS franchise... introducing Project CARS Pro - a title aimed at the automotive and commercial sectors that makes use of new VR technology to showcase automotive brands, the first of which being Porsche and the new “Porsche 911 VR-Racing Experience”.

“Using Project CARS Pro in the unveiling experience of the new Porsche 911 Carrera S is very special for us,” said Stephen Viljoen, Chief Commercial Officer at Slightly Mad Studios. “We’re developing the professional version of Project CARS for the automotive world to deliver a unique and distinct product with the ability to create unparalleled client experiences, and working with Porsche on this project, utilizing our professional simulation product before its official debut in 2019, is very exciting!”

Project CARS Pro 4.jpg

On display for the first time at the LA Auto Show, the Project CARS Pro and Porsche collaboration have worked closely with StarVR, a virtual reality headset that utilises "next-generation" technology featuring 210-degree field-of-view and integrated eye tracking, proprietary full RGB AMOLED displays and an impressive 16 million sub-pixels.. which is sounds like a pretty tasty piece of technology and a nice step forward for the already seriously engrossing and developing Virtual Reality technology available at present.

Initially launching with the new Porsche 911 Carrera S car, no firm release date other than "2019" has been mentioned by the development team - so stay tuned for more news as and when it becomes available.

Little is known about the new Project CARS Pro software at present, however it is expected that the sim will be primarily aimed at the automotive industry and not home gaming rigs, although more information will surely be made available by SMS in the near future.

Project CARS Pro 2.jpg
Project CARS Pro 3.jpg
Project CARS Pro 5.jpg

Project CARS 2 is available now on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Check out the Project CARS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more news, discussion and features on this sequel release to the hugely popular Project CARS franchise of games.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Last edited:
I don't get how racing sim developers always promote their game as the 'best and most realistic simulation avaliable' and then manage to make an even better version for big companies. Makes it seem like the developers aren't investing all their time and money into the game which we can play.

Those screenshots seem to deliberately stretch what people don't like about the looks of the new 992 car: the front end and the backend. God the stretching makes them look so bad.

I also noticed that the "misaligned" seams between the hood and the front bumper on the 992 are pretty accurately recreated. Nice.

I feel like this a crazy hard sector to enter, many teams use rfactor pro or some crazy bespoke software, I feel like this would be a hard area for Project cars pro to enter since migrating across to new software seems like a pain at the scale some of the users are on.

This looks like auto show marketing. See what it's like to drive our cars that you can't afford :(. I say good for them. Hopefully it provides enough extra revenue to make real improvements to their other endeavors.

I'm sure the pros are looking for great graphics and subpar physics..

Where does it say pros or anyone will be using this for physics?

All I am getting from this article is that it will be used by automotive companies to most likely give potential automotive buyers a virtual tour of there vehicles and some new vr tech.

Pcars may not be the best overall driving experience, but it's undoubtedly one of the best visually, so makes sense they use there software and make a few extra $$$

Well at least I know they have been up to something since they stopped communicating with the community several months ago.

Last edited:
Ah, I get it now. I knew they abandoned PCars2 for a reason. Steering that just doesn't work, multiplayer that, well, doesn't work as you never can tell the status of a lobby. After a while, their forums went dark except for the diehards doing their best to convince you the game was thriving and everyone was playing it. I have to say: Software companies are thieves. They rope you in, then kick you to the curb. Hey customer! Buy this! Ok, now buy this! This is the greatest. Well, but now you need this. This is professional stuff. PCars2 was just a kids game. Forget what we said a year ago. Customers like me tend to remember these things though. SMS, Pfffft.

I don't get how racing sim developers always promote their game as the 'best and most realistic simulation avaliable' and then manage to make an even better version for big companies. Makes it seem like the developers aren't investing all their time and money into the game which we can play.

Is it not obvious that SMS developed PC2 with the maximum amount of sales in mind?PC2 had to work on lower end PCs,Xbox & PS2.

We dont know what the deal is here but it would not suprise me if SMS got the Porsche cars & track content in PC2 for free for developing this bespoke software.If they did not then Porsche must be handing over some money that may be invested in future games & software that we get to play from SMS.How can SMS invest in any games without new revenue?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 296 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 424 39.7%