PC1 Project CARS Patch 10 Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
PCARS Patch 10.jpg

Slightly Mad Studios have deployed the 10th patch for Project CARS since the title launched in 2015, bringing a small list of tweaks and improvements for the game across all platforms.

Although much smaller in size than other recent updates to the game, patch 10 does see some useful visual tweaks to a couple of the cars including the popular Aussie V8 race winning Ford Falcon FG. Post patch the Falcon will now benefit from a static positioned race wheel (when wheel disabled) allowing users full sight of the in car LCD digital display.

Patch 10 has been deployed for XBOX One, PS4 and PC simultaneously and is available to download now.

Vehicles
  • Aston Martin – DBR1-2, Vantage GTE, Vantage GT12: Tweaked cockpit exposure to better balance the world brightness when driving in cockpit view.
  • Ford Falcon FG – Made the in-cockpit steering wheel static when disabled so that the digital display is still visible.
  • Ford Fusion Stockcar – Fixed a damage issue, tweaks to setups so the car is less likely to go on two wheels.
  • Dallara DW12 Indycar – Tweaks to setups so the car is less likely to go on two wheels.
Pitstops
  • Fixed an issue where, if the player pits on the final lap and only closes the pit board after crossing the place in the pit lane where the finish line is (but before the post-race screen comes up), the race would fail to end.
Don’t forget to have a look at our Project CARS forum for all the latest news and discussion as well as checking out our popular Project CARS Racing Club, offering races across all platforms in this versatile title.

So PCARS has hit version 10 already. What do you think of the title after so many updates and improvements? Does Project CARS meet your expectations? Let us know in the comments section below!

Well, I was very pleased when pCARS hit the shelf. Despite that it had after the two times delays still a lot of bugs, the ongoing patches let me believe that SMS is so proud of its first solo baby that they would try to fix most of them as time comes.

With the last patches that just presented minor fixes (in my opinion) for the core game, where still some really annoying and fun killing bugs are around, a multiplayer that is really good for casual events but not much more, plus the feeling that most of the ressources are now to be shifted over to pCARS2 to concentrate on the next part, there stays so much unattended that I am shifting my interest back to those titles that keep their eyes more on their customers and the installed user base. I am even not sure if I will get the next DLC at all, even that it brings the combined Nordschleife with Nürburgring GP track - as teasing this is.

And now with introducing some new "security" and anti-cheat features as it seems, car mods are locked too, and one of the most interesting mod projects seems to have come to a total stop. Not very politely in my opinion to let those modding groups invest hundreds of hours in such projects to just kill it silently without any notice in advance.

I still like the features pCARS has, the way it handles driving / racing experience and offers a good immersion, and maybe I were expecting too much. But at the moment I have some very mixed feelings about it and its future - until pCARS2 will be sold to us.

Last edited:
And now with introducing some new "security" and anti-cheat features as it seems, car mods are locked too

Oooh? Now that is interesting... I didn't know about that one. Do you have any more info / source you could share please? If it's true then that is a real shame for the longevity of the game, mods really do go a long way towards bringing great content in games.. mmm.. shame

Cheers

Oooh? Now that is interesting... I didn't know about that one. Do you have any more info / source you could share please? If it's true then that is a real shame for the longevity of the game, mods really do go a long way towards bringing great content in games.. mmm.. shame
Cheers

Take a look over here in the official forum: LamboMantisMan23 - one of the Machine Dojo Modding Team - stated this today (source: pCARS-forum - there is a debate since yesterday about this new "feature"):
So as my good friend Autoprohpet has let me know, the game will not run with loose physics files. There is also some code regarding the Audi mod in the exe file which we are not quite sure on at the moment. We can create new cars with any combinations of engine, chassis etc already in the game but cannot make new physics for the cars. So I don't know if it is worth continuing the project

EDIT: It is possible that this code could allow for add on physics without changing in game physics. But this could be too good to be true.

And JDougNY, who provided the most complete unpacked files mod so far stated this yesterday
Interesting. As of patch 10.0, the physics BFFs have been modified so that they don't unpack with current quickbms script. So, one of two things have happened. Either some pCars police are concerned that the physics of original cars can be modified and alerted SMS.....or....SMS noticed and took action. I'm leaning towards pCars police.
Anyway, I passed along the BFFs to Aluigi. If he decides to revise the script, I'll provide a new unlocker so that modding anything can continue. If Aluigi doesn't revise the script, no sweat off my back...I'll just dump the game and move on.

EDIT: I did hear back from Aluigi and he said that he will take a look at the files I provided to him.

• Deleted member 130869

Maybe those nice modding folks can migrate to both rFactor 2 and Assetto Corsa, before the specialized experts of each "retire," as seems to be the trend now.

1) The decision of blocking mods is not surprising considering how much they milk us with each car pack.
2) As hinted above, their pricing model is more than dodgy, especially for a kick starter project...
3) I keep on interrupting my career until they fix issues. Last time was the fact that the AI was not actually impacted by rain (so no chance to be competitive), this time it is the AI having perfect grip on that Asian slippery track...

I prefer the AC approach (even if I don't like their FFB and the career is boring).

after a long time away from pcars I reinstalled the other day to see how much patch progress they made. I very much enjoyed my time at the bottom of the career. Until I got to snetterton and the formula junior AI!!! I was hoping they could fix the AI by now, it actually is a good game (maybe not the most authentic) but for me the frustrating ai ruins the whole experience.

Still the best weather system ive seen on a game yet.

Car modding in PCars? This is something I didn't even know was possible until now. Had no idea that there was certain modding teams willing to put out the effort to create new things for this game. It seems like it was possible...and now it isn't?

I have all the new race sims , and I find myself sticking with the ones where the community can actually get involved in making content. AKA: GSCE , AMS , AC and RF2. I Like iracing and RRE as well , but dang it , no modding kinda sucks. Pcars was never on the top of my list...but if modders could get involved ( possibly fixing the damn game! )....I would be more interested.

This title started to be my first choice Sim and I never installed this Audi-Mod, because it was obvious for me that it will not last many updates. SMS take licensing serious like DR as you can see in this quite different Sakitto track planned as Suzuka and I can live with both, Sakitto and an "old" but brillant Audi LMS Ultra. If I want to drive the new one, I boot up AC and Raceroom or AMS for Suzuka.

The AI seems the best by far and when they go crazy, they are probably set to high. GT3 is nice around 90 and LMP class seems more drivable in the low 70s or even less, if you want to win. Just had a pure rain race in the GT3 class at 88 with good close fighting and no contact within 20 minutes.

But install Crew Chief, the ultimate spotter for pCars working as a stand alone freeware. Much better than this iRacing-guy.

Nice news from over at the official Project CARS forum: Last night Slight Mad Studios boss Ian Bell and Development Director Andy Garton both joined the debate and statet some clarification on the subject that let me hope that maybe these quality mod projects can go on.
Andy Garton (Source: pCARS forum):
Yes sorry guys, we've a lot going on right now and this change going live rather went under the radar; the plan was to provide documentation at the time of the patch coming out. The summary is that we've actually added support for mods which will make it easier to add new content, not harder, but doing so has broken the current approach (which was far from ideal and open to abuse).

Unfortunately the relevant owners are away on a business trip today, so I can't promise an immediate update (or even before the Easter break).

We think the GT3 mod rocks and actually used it to implement this new feature, so please don't think otherwise. I can only apologise again for the bad management on my part which led to this short term upset.

To follow the statements from Ian Bell and Andy Garton, just start here in the debate at the pCARS forum.

IMHO: somtimes communication is a really hard thing, especially when lots of things are going on at the same time :cool: ... for myself I would be really glad if those nice mod car projects can go on :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob
Nothing more to add … really great news at least :thumbsup::)
Great news! I've had a long chat with Andy at SMS and we've got to the point where pCARS now supports mods much better with a simple mods.txt without all the unpacking and so on. But it does mean tires.rg is locked and you can't edit. We can't add new tires at the moment but that support is coming in a future patch!

after a long time away from pcars I reinstalled the other day to see how much patch progress they made. I very much enjoyed my time at the bottom of the career. Until I got to snetterton and the formula junior AI!!! I was hoping they could fix the AI by now, it actually is a good game (maybe not the most authentic) but for me the frustrating ai ruins the whole experience.

Still the best weather system ive seen on a game yet.
That's my dealbreaker too, lower tie openwheelers drive really good, but AI is killing the fun.
Only way to drive is to put damage off and ignore the kamikaze pilots.
But that takes a lot of the excitement away too.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 179 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 495 39.2%