PC1 Project CARS Patch 0.8 Released + DLC Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
PCARS Stanceworks BWM.jpg

Slightly Mad Studios have released yet another patch for best selling racing simulator Project CARS, bringing a raft of updates to the title on PC, XBOX ONE and PS4.

Despite work having already begun on the sequel to the Project CARS, Slightly Mad Studios have assured fans they will be continuing support well into 2016, starting with patch 0.8 which will be released across all platforms from Wednesday 20th January.

Bringing a number of vehicle updates and track optimisations to the game, perhaps the most eargely anticipated update will no doubt be the update to Oculus Rift support... right in time for all those lucky owners of the new Consumer Version released for pre order recently.

Stephan Viljoen of SMS had the following to add regarding Oculus support:

"A note on the Oculus Rift support - We're internally working with the post 0.8 SDK that will be released along with the headset. We have a bunch of updates and features in the works already, but due to the newer SDK only rolling out to the general public when Oculus releases the headset, the Project CARS Oculus Rift updates will also be released at that time, right when you guys will be receiving your shiny new CV1 headsets"

Alongside the latest patch SMS have recently been leaking sneak preview images from their latest On Demand DLC programme, titled Stanceworks Track Expansion. Stanceworks Track Expansion brings 4 new cars in the shape of the KTM X-Bow R, MX-5 RADBUL, Formula Drift, the BMW 1-Series M-Coupe and a classic BMW 2002 with Group 2 racing bodywork alongside new fantasy circuit the Bannochbrae road course set in Scotland, UK.

This months free car will be the awesome 2013 Ford Falcon FG V8 Supercar as featured in the Australian based V8 Supercar Series.

PCARS MX-5 RADBUL Formula Drift 2.jpg

Patches released for XBOX ONE, PS4 and PC are very similar, below you can read the full PC changelog.

"Changelog:

Vehicles

• McLaren F1 GTR - adjusted cockpit exposure, fixed visual clipping issues.
  • Radical RXC Turbo - Fixed typo in statistics file. Engine now correctly displays as V6 not V8, Fixed asymmetry typo in default setup spring rates.
  • Lotus 51 - Fixed a typo giving 100 steps to rear fast rebound damper settings instead of 10. Default values were unaffected.
  • Renault Megane RS265 - Fixed typo causing asymmetry in default setup springs.
  • KTM X-Bow - Fixed clipping on the roof camera.
Tracks
  • Cadwell Park – Fixed an issue where cars while on the main straight would hit the pit wall at a certain spot and be disqualified.
  • Ruapuna all layouts - updated the position of the pit exit trigger so it's after the start line trigger. Full optimisation pass done on all the layouts to improve performance.
Physics, Tires and Setups
  • Further adjustment of heating on under-inflated tires where it was reduced as part of the discontinuity fix.
  • Fixed issues with players not being able to save setups to DLC tracks, if they started their profile with older versions of the game.
Controllers
  • Fixed OSW / DIY sim wheel driver crash in PID.DLL.
GUI
  • DLC cars and tracks will now remain selected between game sessions.
  • Fixed a bug where some tracks with forced rolling starts was locking out the rolling start option after moving to a different track.
UDP
  • Extended joypad and dpad bitfields to include some extra buttons on steering wheels. Added 'same class as player' flag in participant info mSector field. Fixed a couple of issues with packet types 1/2 not sending at the correct rate.
Render
  • Fixed bloom not working correctly on any MSAA mode on PC.
Oculus Rift
  • Updated to Oculus SDK 0.8 SDK"
Have you tried the recent update yet? Does it meet your expectations? Looking forward to the latest DLC offering? Let us know in the comments section below!

pCars handling is quite good nowadays (compared with version 1.0).
Was racing against AI last week with the GT3's at Donington.
One of the best AI races i had in a long time (any sim title).
Was a very lucky draw I guess.
When i was going bit wide AI was instantly next to me.
Overtaking me and after that seen the AI had some good fights themselves.
But racing with another class it was horrific again, especially openwheelers.
I still don't give up with pCars, it's to much fun sometimes.
But i don't get that proper AI tweaks don't seem to get any attention.
AI is still the biggest shortcoming of pCars.
Impossible to do career with the openwheelers, without getting crashed or divebombs.

Since I got this new Fanatec gear a couple of months ago PCars has been a bit of a struggle because it doesn't seem that there are that many Fanatec + XBox 1 users out there. I tried one person's PS4 settings but they just don't translate very well over to XBox 1.

I did find some settings that work well on most everything except Formula A and the historic cars. I started the process last night of changing all my settings over to this standard and ran some GT3 and prototype races that were a lot of fun.

The AI issue has been sort of a giveth and taketh away kind of thing. On the good side this AI will race you hard. Don't expect him to back down and fade away just because you got a fender in front. On the down side there's still the corner cutting issue and the accelerating through sand traps that are very frustrating.

But you're right about the open wheelers thing. The mayhem factor is very high with them. I don't do career or the online racing thing so I end up having to restart multiple times.

:cool::cool:

Lorenzo what you may see as hard headed I see a person dedicated to his company and development team.
That's your opinion. I'd say he's dedicated alright. Dedicated to making money.
I like Pcars and I wanted it for offline play mainly but the career mode is broken and just not worth messing with. So I use it for hotlapping and the odd multiplayer race here.

I like Pcars and I wanted it for offline play mainly but the career mode is broken and just not worth messing with. So I use it for hotlapping and the odd multiplayer race here.

Well when anyone goes to work they should be dedicated to making money I don't see your point as too valid.

Also who really want's political correctness from our politicians? Ian Bell for England's PM

Last edited:
Wait, hold on. You're saying that someone who is self employed, running his own business with 100+ employees is actually dedicated to making money? My God, what is this world coming to?:mad::mad: The gall, the nerve, the absolute balls:devilish::devilish: I say PCars2 should be absolutely free and all the staff should work for free as well. It'll be a great product for sure, made purely out of love and the love of racing:rolleyes:

Whatever.:rolleyes: It's not a serious sim, it's fun and is almost a mirror of Shift 2 with a few addons. There are parts missing that were promised and it was crowdfunded by console players with no idea of what they wanted. That's my opinion. Good night. God bless. Amen.:cool:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 200 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.3%