PC1 Project Cars negative preview

The preview is almost 2 months old and only now getting exposure here and at steam forums so I assume this site does not get much traffic.

It sounds like the reviewer is not well versed in games more to the sim side of the scale.

Some people just need to create a dramatic setting to try to make a name for themselves. I wouldn't read too much into the overly negative reviews as that would suggest a personal bias then to question how did that bias come to be?

I think it's okay for journalists to be critical of any topic/product but I do worry bout the reader's interpretation of one person's "informed opinion". To many gamers out there any racing title is just that,...another racing title. However, as we know, not all racing titles are trying to accomplish the same thing. He repeatedly compares individual parts of pCars to individual elements of GT6 and DC. I personally would never even try DC. Not because it is "beneath me" or not a "real sim" but because that type of racing title doesn't interest me. That's the part of sim racing and all it's intricacies that gets lost on the casual gamer/racer. Besides, a large part of graphics is subjective. Some people prefer super photo realism and some are happy with the non realistic look. Heck, some even exclaim that they "don't care about graphics". I don't understand that one.

I am testing pCars daily, and while I don't know what category of sim racer I fall in to, I am really enjoying it and I firmly believe many others will too. Even some of the current skeptics.

Anyone: What makes one a "hard core" sim racer? ....

And with that,...I leave the can of worms open for you all.;)

I viewed it exactly like you did. When you read reviews, the first thing you should do is consider the source. Guys like Inside Sim Racing and VVV have my attention, but this dude: http://community.videogamer.com/profile/boycee
never will.
Hope he enjoys "Lords of the Fallen" three seconds after he ejects pCARS and never plays it again.http://community.videogamer.com/forums/article_comments/lords_of_the_fallen_review/?goto=516535

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%