Project CARS Modding Questions & WIP

bmt2xml Win32
Here's that old goodie tool that allows to decompile BMT/BML, now for Windows. Thanks Crowtrobot for the fixed sources.

Comes with the user-friendly script to ease the process. Drop folder(s) with BMTs to '_IN' directory and run unpack.bat. The script will then create converted MTX versions, and will move obsolete BMTs to '_BKP' folder.
Cool...another coder out there. Saves me from needing linux. Thanks a lot.

@UbiSergei
I tried out the tool and it worked great!

Also, we are trying to let this thread die, once we moved all modding posts to Here some time ago. People look to the new thread for any mods/tools now.
Also, I can offer to include your tool on my PC2 public folder if you like?
I can also include on my team website downloads for PC2?

PC2 modding resources can be found at...
Project Cars 2 Public Folder

Last edited:
Hi guys... Anybody knows how to extract and open correctly the tracks from pCars 1? I trid Watkins Glen (The name in folder is Connecticut_Hill) but the 3d parts is totally out of position in 3dsimed and textures is not in the place. If somebody could help me I'd like to thanks!

hi people will there be someone who can help me with a problem I have with the wheels for days? in zmodeler and 3ds max are correct but in the showrroom and track of the game are located in another position .. what I am doing for now is to use the files of a mod has something to do with the vhf cords? e modified but do not affect nothing and I do not know what else to do
I clarify that pivot point is in the center of the wheel with their respective dummies .. another thing is that the wheels take the position of the previous wheels of the mod that I am using I hope you understand what I mean hopefully you can help me

20180709181817.png

hi people will there be someone who can help me with a problem I have with the wheels for days? in zmodeler and 3ds max are correct but in the showrroom and track of the game are located in another position .. what I am doing for now is to use the files of a mod has something to do with the vhf cords? e modified but do not affect nothing and I do not know what else to do
You need to change the position of the wheels in the file:
Project CARS 2\Vehicles\physics\vehicles\your_vdfm.vdfm
0x088-0x08B = B072483F = 0.783 // (Float) FL Wheel/Tyre lateral offset in Meters
0x08C-0x08F = 3333B33E = 0.350 // (Float) FL Wheel/Tyre vertical offset in Meters
0x090-0x093 = 1B2F9DBF = -1.228 // (Float) FL Wheel/Tyre fore/aft offset in Meters

0x094-0x097 = B07248BF = -0.783 // (Float) FR Wheel/Tyre lateral offset in Meters
0x098-0x09B = 3333B33E = 0.350 // (Float) FR Wheel/Tyre vertical offset in Meters
0x09C-0x09F = 1B2F9DBF = -1.228 // (Float) FR Wheel/Tyre fore/aft offset in Meters

0x0A0-0x0A3 = 4260453F = 0.771 // (Float) RL Wheel/Tyre lateral offset in Meters
0x0A4-0x0A7 = 6DE7BB3E = 0.367 // (Float) RL Wheel/Tyre vertical offset in Meters
0x0A8-0x0AB = 1B2F9D3F = 1.228 // (Float) RL Wheel/Tyre fore/aft offset in Meters

0x0AC-0x0AF = 426045BF = -0.771 // (Float) RR Wheel/Tyre lateral offset in Meters
0x0B0-0x0B3 = 6DE7BB3E = 0.367 // (Float) RR Wheel/Tyre vertical offset in Meters
0x0B4-0x0B7 = 1B2F9D3F = 1.228 // (Float) RR Wheel/Tyre fore/aft offset in Meters

so this came out of fiddling with sgbConvert and bmt2xml and some blender python stuff; for p c a r s 1 only though
thats why there is b a n n o c h b r a e now
dl appended file, rename to .zip and go through convoluted python code and an even more convoluted "pCars_track_export\0_preparation.txt"

Attachments

• pCars_track_export.zip.txt
    134.7 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
so this came out of fiddling with sgbConvert and bmt2xml and some blender python stuff; for p c a r s 1 only though
thats why there is b a n n o c h b r a e now
dl appended file, rename to .zip and go through convoluted python code and an even more convoluted "pCars_track_export\0_preparation.txt"
not intentionally, but as it progressed there is some later blender script included, thats meant to duplicate stuff like light posts and such, but if you fiddle around and know python a bit then positioning objects should be feasible

Last edited:
not intentionally, but as it progressed there is some later blender script included, thats meant to duplicate stuff like light posts and such, but if you fiddle around and know python a bit then positioning objects should be feasible
Really nice work, I read through the code, awesome job, glad teh community can benefit from being able to convert PCARS1 tracks now.

Hi, help me please. I now unpack BFF files, but textures in format TEX.
How can you convert them TEX to format DDS? they don't open ...
:(

Also do they have the wrong names? Is there a script to rename them to the correct names?
Thank you very much for your work!!

Hi, help me please. I now unpack BFF files, but textures in format TEX.
How can you convert them TEX to format DDS? they don't open ...
:(

Also do they have the wrong names? Is there a script to rename them to the correct names?
Thank you very much for your work!!
idk, for pc1 there are dds files after using this <https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/project-cars2-bff-renaming-tool.19548/>
which dds is used by which object you can find out after using "bmt2xml" in the resulting mtx files

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 237 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 235 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 176 7.9%
  • < 5 years