Project CARS Modding Questions & WIP

replace bmt with mtx. Find mtx that corresponds to bmt that crashes your game (zonda mod is full of mtx files) and replace your bmt (you will need to point mtx texture entries to correct .dds files).

Works fine, but I have a little problem in the cockpit - wheel and driver animation are mis-match in the size...what mess up now? and thank you for the support.

I take it the driver's hands are not on the steering wheel?
You need to hex-edit .cdv. There are 3 floats which correspond to axes x, y, z.
External view is between 0034 and 003F (3floats) and cockpit view 0040-004B (3 floats). Check the Nissan GTR as an example.

You need to hex-edit all your body mebs (body, bonnet, boot, chassis, etc.). Compare your car's body mebs to corresponding mebs in pcars. Make sure they have the same number of channels (vertex parameters). For example:

most likely your car doesn't have 0.3.3. and 1.3.4. For 0.3.3 copy 4.6.0, paste it after 1.3.2 and fillit with 00.
For 1,3,4 copy 1.3.0, paste it after 0.3.3. and fill with 00 00 80 3F
If 1.3.2 is missing then copy 1.3.0 and paste it right at the end of 1.3.0 and fill with 00 00 80 3F.

Once you add channels you need to increase the value indicating the amount of vertex parameters at the beginning of the file.

Unfortunately there's no other way round it.

Dude, it's very confusing for me your help.
where supposedly these parameters you put the example met.
I attached a picture with file MEB body LODA working with Hex HxD.
hxd.jpg

Dude, it's very confusing for me your help.
where supposedly these parameters you put the example met.
I attached a picture with file MEB body LODA working with Hex HxD.View attachment 120418
well, at 0034 you have the number of vertex parameters that the meb has (06). Then at 0038 you have how many material references it has (01 = it references one material.bmt). If you use search in that file and input the addresses I gave you (e.g. 020000000000000000000000 [must be hex-values in data type of search options]) then the search should highlight where that channel begins (020000000000000000000000). It ends exactly where the next channel begins, i.e. 040000000600000000000000. So everything there is the data for that one vertex parameter. In body meb you usually should have 9 parameters, which means you need to add 3 to your meb. I am guessing it's the 0,3,3 then 0,3,4. Most likely 1,3,2 is missing as well, but I explained in the previous post how to add these channels. You can take a look at s2u meb for nissan gtr and compare it with pcars mod of that car, and then you should see what I added.

Just a small heads up regarding the translated physics files: In the chassis file, you can change a sequential shifting car to a h-pattern gearbox by going to hex string 20 1D EA 4C 3D and changing the following 01 to 00. It's also known as CDF_UNKN_045 in the translated chassis document :)

Didn't look exactly at the tire files included in the game, so here's my question:

Are all these files (I only know about one kind of the Michelins and the Pirellis) included in the game files? If they aren't: Can you maybe share them?

And do you know if there are the actual Hankook files hidden somewhere?

Edit: to Canrod88 of course; quoting somehow didn't work

Well you will have the original tires Hankook slick and rain in blue on the BBF of Mercedes_C_Touring13_Livery files.
For Continental Tire is a modified my design, I'll attach it to download the DDS file for you to use.
Remember RACEDEPARTMENT download it DOWNLOAD
Only Gay to make changes:

<REPLACE TEXTURE = "Vehicles \ Textures \ tire_pirelli_gt3_diff_00.dds" NEWTEXTURE = "Vehicles \ Textures \ tire_continental_diff_00.dds" />
<REPLACE TEXTURE = "Vehicles \ Textures \ tire_pirelli_gt3_spec_00.dds" NEWTEXTURE = "Vehicles \ Textures \ common_tire_spec_00.dds" />
<REPLACE TEXTURE = "Vehicles \ Textures \ tire_pirelli_gt3_norm_00.dds" NEWTEXTURE = "Vehicles \ Textures \ tire_continental_norm_00.dds" />

Reiche apology, apparently updates have been pulling files for lack of license are no longer needed.

but I have kept the original files from previous updates and I'll upload for you to download: hankook_tire only version slick.
hankook.jpg

Hey guys, I've got a small hex-related problem. I need to create a chassis file that has a flat-shift sequential gearbox rather than the lift and shift that it's currently equipped with. I'm 99% certain that I have the string that I need to change, but the byte to change isn't there. I want to add that byte and I have the ability to insert it, but I don't have the knowledge of how to make the file actually work after inserting a byte, it just crashes the game. Is there anyone that knows how to add a byte to a hex file without crashing the game?

Hey guys, I've got a small hex-related problem. I need to create a chassis file that has a flat-shift sequential gearbox rather than the lift and shift that it's currently equipped with. I'm 99% certain that I have the string that I need to change, but the byte to change isn't there. I want to add that byte and I have the ability to insert it, but I don't have the knowledge of how to make the file actually work after inserting a byte, it just crashes the game. Is there anyone that knows how to add a byte to a hex file without crashing the game?
If the hex string reads like this in CDFbin...
[28 1D EA 4C 3D]
Then change to read
[20 1D EA 4C 3D]
Then insert the new byte after the hex string

You need to increment 3 registers at the top of the file, when adding new bytes to the file..
[0x08-0x0B], [0x14-0x17], and [0x24-0x27]
Those registers are decimal and entered in Little Endian.
For instance, let's say you added one byte to the file and register [0x08-0x0B]=CB 10 00 00
New value would be CC 10 00 00

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 228 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.5%
  • < 5 years