Project CARS Modding Questions & WIP

Hi Guy,s noticed that there is no thread has of yet for WIP and Questions regarding Project cars ,
The game has so much potential and there is some tools out there but hopefully soon there will be more with better functionality really hope that Dave Noonan adds support to 3DSimED :)

I will start with this I have downloaded the BMS Script by Luigi Auriemma .
Its bn updated a few times the nfsshift.bms script for pcars its fine extracting but has issues reimporting unless its something I am probably doing wrong lol :p
upload_2015-5-20_2-41-10.png

Anyway,s here is the script tool for you guy,s :)
http://jmp.sh/g8pYWlX

Here is the official page where the tools where available ,
http://aluigi.altervista.org/quickbms.htm

And here is more advice regarding extracting the files .
http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=11095
Created by Chipicao

Once the script is properly sorted for Quick BMS, both 3dsimed and 3ds max will import and export as they already both do for pcars to a degree. It's just the correct naming of the textures during extraction that is holding them both back a bit. But the names can be found out easily enough, you just need to manually rename the textures at the moment, which becomes a bit tedious at best.

Once the script is properly sorted for Quick BMS, both 3dsimed and 3ds max will import and export as they already both do for pcars to a degree. It's just the correct naming of the textures during extraction that is holding them both back a bit. But the names can be found out easily enough, you just need to manually rename the textures at the moment, which becomes a bit tedious at best.
I can import with the SMS script for 3ds max 16 , but its extracting everything with numbers not just the texture somewhere I read you have to tick to extract with names , but was vague to where the location was you need to tick lol I could not find anything regarding it , but its importing all the car in 3ds max perfect with the SMS tool but just all numbered , but like you say hopefully we will have something better shortly ,
I was only interested in this method to replace the textures for the formula A , but more interested in replacing all the files with fresh car and physics and audio , my only concerns into the future is animation for the displays :)
upload_2015-5-21_0-38-22.png

Yep that's what I mean't about the script needing to be done properly. Renaming will do the body parts, but not the textures. You can see the texture names using a HEX editor and opening the .bmt files. I'm sure the script will be sorted soon enough....these guys don't mess around. :). 3dSimeD opens all the extracted .meb files as per usual.

Yep that's what I mean't about the script needing to be done properly. Renaming will do the body parts, but not the textures. You can see the texture names using a HEX editor and opening the .bmt files. I'm sure the script will be sorted soon enough....these guys don't mess around. :). 3dSimeD opens all the extracted .meb files as per usual.
In 3DSimed it opens the .meb parts , but seems to open them on there own , using that SMS max tool it opens the entire car in one go
upload_2015-5-21_1-11-29.png

Max is much better tool at the minute , hopefully there will be support on 3DSimed to resave the file again has whole , but its the .BFF I want to save again , so we can have our own projects running :)
But like you say a nightmare to add and rename 50 textures :D

The only problem with using max is if you open for example the BMW Z4 GT3 LOD A or X models it combines things like the glass with the body......means you have to go around detaching body parts all over the place. Using 3dsimed, you can delete the glass at source, and save body parts individually to combine them in 3ds max after. I actually find it a little quicker and easier this way. Plus on certain models, 3dsimed will re-adjust the correct UV mapping for the textures with one click of a button, something 3ds max doesn't do as yet.....well not unless I'm missing something.

The only problem with using max is if you open for example the BMW Z4 GT3 LOD A or X models it combines things like the glass with the body......means you have to go around detaching body parts all over the place. Using 3dsimed, you can delete the glass at source, and save body parts individually to combine them in 3ds max after. I actually find it a little quicker and easier this way. Plus on certain models, 3dsimed will re-adjust the correct UV mapping for the textures with one click of a button, something 3ds max doesn't do as yet.....well not unless I'm missing something.
Never tried doing anything with the actual cars only extracted 2 but never checked anything on the mesh ect , only wanting to reimport our own cars ingame have no interest doing anything with there cars but obviously for doing renders you know all the issues has that is your main reason for getting them :)

I've also tried Luigi's script and i was able to extract bootflow.bff and modify one xml file. But when recompiling the bff the process seemed ok, but game won't start :-(
Yeah tricky to get working , I think with mesh and .xml and texture , but depending on how they have structured the files I bet you if you added tire textures or different texture to where you place modded skins they still load , unless they have .xml only to tell the game to load just the 1 livery texture , not tested the idea yet had pc issues and installed windows again and have nothing installed , but worth checking into :)

Have you tried adding the tires where the livery is that you mod ect , Wonder if it will still load them :)
Yep tried that. Called them everything I could think of, but they wouldn't show. Tried re-packing too, but no dice as yet...... :sneaky:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 220 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 163 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 279 13.5%