Project CARS Modding Questions & WIP

No, that's robbi3381's GTO.
Hot Hatch mod pack will be released when it's ready, and there's still a lot of work to do. We are not promising any specific dates; just that we would like to have the mod out before PC2 is out.

This will sound like modder unappreciative behaviour , but why does everyone have such a GT3 fetish? Prototypes seem to get no love.

Oops..

IMG_0650.JPG

Great bunch of cars yet! Please Subaru WRX STI! It´s really missing in pCars!
I know...no matter what cars we make, you want something else. I expect that if we made a car you'd ask for you would say, "Thanks for the car..But, you need to make...."

The Hot Hatch will be our last mod for pCars. Once we release, GVSE will be working on some changes to a previously released car (planned to be put into PC2). I'll be starting on modding research for pCars2. Starting on translations, converting PC2 BMT materials to MTX, in general understanding what has changed. I'll also be looking into if the game can be modded....probably by an unlocker.

Should there be a complete modding lockout in PC2, we'll probably come back to pCars and make some new cars....though...I really don't like that idea all that much.

So then this Audi will follow the fate of the Rebellion R-One, Toyota TS020, and any similar machine concerning prototypes; the fate of "you can look but you can't touch." Well I'm already prepared for that so that's fine. And don't worry, I'm not sending any PM for any car. Really, a 919 would've been a better tease.

919 being made after this. Also well done for now ruining your chance at actually getting them. I was gonna make the Audi, 919 and Nissan and give them to the public, but I guess you've ruined that now. Jesus, the people around here....

Great, vilify me for telling the truth. Were the reasons in what I posted really that vitriolic? Fact is there's a bunch of GT cars, there's never officially been a prototype mod, there's been teaser images and videos and that's as far as they've gone. Was it mentioning the 919? There's a Toyota and an Audi in the base game, that's my logic to that. And the PM thing; wouldn't you already have a million inbox messages from various sources about mods anyway?
Since I've offended you I do genuinely apologize. But rather than make an example of me and have the others of the forum who may have been interested in the mod lose that chance why not simply have me banned from the forum? Why make it about everyone when it's just one person being brutally honest? I never claimed to speak for everyone.

The PM thing is in reference to a situation where modders sometimes get their inbox spammed with messages about the car they've shown or are about to release. If it actually doesn't happen anymore then I'm really out of the loop.

Once again I apologize if I come across as harsh, I'm not attacking you.
On a slightly related note godspeed to you doing up physics for that Nissan LMP. That's probably a nightmare.

Some news about the GTO:

I started creating historic liveries. The car will be paintable in stock Ferrari colors and historic liveries

5fadVUQ.jpg

66eAcSy.jpg

J23cEG9.jpg

H9r6LIr.jpg

Cockpit:

qHVOIcR.jpg

So, it is nearly finish, but I still need help for a last thing: it is raining in the car, and this is very annoying. Anybody knows how to solve this?

fCahfly.jpg

And a question for everyone, do you want a real damage modelling or scratches and crumples are enough for you? For me, damages are not absolutely needed, but if you want, I can do them. Which will report a little the release of the car!

Last edited:
@robi3381
damage: for me scratches and crumples are enough.
rain in the cockpit: you mean that one stray rain drop? It's an old car, perhaps the sealing is a bit damaged. But seriously, not sure, never had that problem.

Now, Sam once again updated the blog with the new addition to the Hot Hatch project. There's also a little announcement ;)

Thx guys, I will let the damages as they are. So the release will be soon!

@[SIZE=4][B][URL='http://www.racedepartment.com/members/gvse.153601/']gvse[/URL][/B][/SIZE] I don't use raindrops on screen, but if I turn them on, when you're in the car, the screen is covered of rain. I checked the sealing, it's perfect, and there is no rust and holes on the bodywork ;)

I took the Aston DBR1 as a base, as it was the most similar car, but there must be a file that indicates it's an open car. It's not in the crd as I changed all the entries of it, so I'm stuck!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 99 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 178 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 495 39.2%