Project CARS Modding Questions & WIP

What happens is that the tires CONTINENTAL working with Pirelli (BMT same file), only 3 files modified DDS: diff_00, norm_00 and common_tire_spec_00, look closely at the example:

<CONDITION LIVERY = "72">
<REPLACE MATERIAL = "vehicles \ audi_r8_lms \ audi_r8_lms_paint" newMaterial = "Vehicles \ _Generic_Materials \ livery_audi_r8_lms_2015_01.mtx" />
<REPLACE MATERIAL = "vehicles \ audi_r8_lms \ audi_r8_lms_tire" newMaterial = "vehicles \ audi_r8_lms \ pirelli_tire.mtx" />
<REPLACE TEXTURE = "Vehicles \ Textures \ Liveries \ AUDI_R8_LMS_2015_livery01.dds" NEWTEXTURE = "Vehicles \ Textures \ Liveries \ AUDI_R8_LMS_2015_livery72.dds" />
<REPLACE TEXTURE = "Vehicles \ Textures \ COMMON_PAINT_ALPHA.dds" NEWTEXTURE = "Vehicles \ Textures \ Liveries \ AUDI_R8_LMS_2015_livery72.dds" />
<REPLACE TEXTURE = "Vehicles \ Textures \ audi_r8_lms_2015_interior_diff.dds" NEWTEXTURE = "Vehicles \ Textures \ Liveries \ audi_r8_lms_2015_interior01_diff.dds" />
<REPLACE TEXTURE = "Vehicles \ Textures \ audi_r8_lms_2015_lights_diff.dds" NEWTEXTURE = "Vehicles \ Textures \ audi_r8_lms_2015_lights02_diff.dds" />
<REPLACE TEXTURE = "Vehicles \ Textures \ tire_pirelli_gt3_diff_00.dds" NEWTEXTURE = "Vehicles \ Textures \ tire_continental_diff_00.dds" />
<REPLACE TEXTURE = "Vehicles \ Textures \ tire_pirelli_gt3_spec_00.dds" NEWTEXTURE = "Vehicles \ Textures \ common_tire_spec_00.dds" />
<REPLACE TEXTURE = "Vehicles \ Textures \ tire_pirelli_gt3_norm_00.dds" NEWTEXTURE = "Vehicles \ Textures \ tire_continental_norm_00.dds" />
</ CONDITION>

But maybe I'll upload the mod changed for me. then downloads.
hopefully not bother the community by these small changes.

Last edited:
Here is another model: the Toyota Supra 98 WinnerSD47
Toyota_Supra.jpg

http://nfs-game.com/forum/60-1204-1#28882

Road cars are not used in Career mode. I don't play the career mode, but I don't see an option for Road cars. Perhaps it's something you edited to make the car appear in Career mode?

@Hobbnob
Normally the sequential flag is set in the chassis file, along with adjusting the upshift/downshift time delays. Also, there's a change to driver animation and gear stick type in the driver files, etc.

Yep I have the sequential flag, but there is a different flag somewhere that tells the gearbox whether it requires the player to lift the throttle (not the clutch) in order to shift. For example, the caterham R500 can shift without autoclutch by just lifting the throttle and pressing a paddle, but a GT3 can do it without lifting the throttle at all. I need my R500 to be able to shift without lifting the throttle with autoclutch off, but it's proving troublesome to find :/

On another topic, FWIW, I have most of the career_championships.bin file decoded, so that weather/#opponents/time of day/opponent type can be changed for particular career events. I haven't completely worked it out to the point where new events can be added, but will hopefully get there with the idea in mind that people could customize their own championships.

On another topic, FWIW, I have most of the career_championships.bin file decoded, so that weather/#opponents/time of day/opponent type can be changed for particular career events. I haven't completely worked it out to the point where new events can be added, but will hopefully get there with the idea in mind that people could customize their own championships.

I've been decoding this file also, maybe you could contact me and we could work together?

@Hobbnob
Yeah, that CDFbin is loaded with lots of unknowns.
I haven't been able to locate the "wheeldrive" parameter to easily change from RWD to FWD or AWD.
Some things I've noted in CDFbin...
[24 6B 4E A0 77 A3 00] SteeringRatioRange={float}3.5, {float}0.5, {byte}35
[20 0F 6A B7 B6] SteeringRatioSetting={byte}24
#[24 E0 D9 C8 5B 22]{float}0.99, {byte}0 // Upshift algorithm
[24 A6 8D 9C E2 A3 02] {float}0.85, {float}0.8, {float}0.8 // Downshift algorithm
[24 30 43 CE 21 23 00] {float}34.0, {byte}0, {byte}0 // Steering Lock
#[20 1D EA 4C 3D] {byte}1 // CDF_UNKN_045, 1=sequential & 0=h pattern (per you)

in EDFbin, I know all of the restrictor and waste gate parameters

Do any of these unpackers/decoders rename the texture files from the CommonVehicleTextures.bff or actuall rename any of the textures??
TIA

@NWRAP
The unpackers don't provide correct filenames or folders. Correct filenames and folder names have to be harvested from game memory.

In my public folder here... https://www.mediafire.com/folder/cy3jl6679k7i1/Public_for_PCARS
you will find the common textures for pCars. Also, you will find another download that contains the common textures from prior SMS games (NFS Shift, S2U and Test Drive Ferrari).

Fantastic & Thankyou :)

If there is anything I can to help let me know :)

Last edited:
@Hobbnob
Yeah, that CDFbin is loaded with lots of unknowns.
I haven't been able to locate the "wheeldrive" parameter to easily change from RWD to FWD or AWD.
Some things I've noted in CDFbin...
[24 6B 4E A0 77 A3 00] SteeringRatioRange={float}3.5, {float}0.5, {byte}35
[20 0F 6A B7 B6] SteeringRatioSetting={byte}24
#[24 E0 D9 C8 5B 22]{float}0.99, {byte}0 // Upshift algorithm
[24 A6 8D 9C E2 A3 02] {float}0.85, {float}0.8, {float}0.8 // Downshift algorithm
[24 30 43 CE 21 23 00] {float}34.0, {byte}0, {byte}0 // Steering Lock
#[20 1D EA 4C 3D] {byte}1 // CDF_UNKN_045, 1=sequential & 0=h pattern (per you)

in EDFbin, I know all of the restrictor and waste gate parameters
The rwd/fwd code is likely a single 1/0 byte. All 4WD cars in pcars start as 2WD and then use the KERS system to drive the other wheels afaik.

Although I never found the flat shift/ lift shift value, the steering lock value you found allows me to repurpose a more versatile flatshift chassis into what I need, so thanks! :D

Cute ;)
attachment.php
attachment.php

Planning to release the livery from Essen Motor Show 2011, where the C Coupe was unveiled, along with a testing livery driven by Robert Kubica soon (maybe on TBT), the actual racing liveries still need some time, haven't finished my "template" yet =)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back