PC1 Project CARS Logitech DFGT settings

That deadzone removal is way to high, driving force gt and pro, both working just fine with 0.05
as 0.18 is crazy high value for feeling curbs. if you configure the car ffb settings right u will feel enough, if you got the value for bumps to low, u cant feel anything, but that is not related to the deathzone removal. with 0.18 u cant figure out a balanced setting, i tried about a week now.
if you does not feel curbs or straights bumps increase just 1 value. on the second side of car ffb setup. its the first of the 4 values on the bottom called strongness or something like that.
That value is the ffb for all 4 tyres. put it to 80 or such and drive 1 round watkins glen. ull see what i try to tell you :D

Why would you disagree. I try to explain how to get all the ffb effecty ppl are missing. its because they dont alter any value for the rear of the car. That makes u fell nothing on curbs when ur damper is down. but your rear tyre still hit that curb with lower pressure what u just doesnt get. Higher the strongness value on side 2 from car FFB setup. that makes u feel everything. After u just did it. alterate the front again since u loose feeling there. Balance it and ur fine.

That deadzone removal is way to high, driving force gt and pro, both working just fine with 0.05
as 0.18 is crazy high value for feeling curbs. if you configure the car ffb settings right u will feel enough, if you got the value for bumps to low, u cant feel anything, but that is not related to the deathzone removal. with 0.18 u cant figure out a balanced setting, i tried about a week now.
if you does not feel curbs or straights bumps increase just 1 value. on the second side of car ffb setup. its the first of the 4 values on the bottom called strongness or something like that.
That value is the ffb for all 4 tyres. put it to 80 or such and drive 1 round watkins glen. ull see what i try to tell you :D

Curbs can be felt perfectly fine thankyou, the steering and FFB feels very nice almost RF2 like.
Understeer is perfectly replicated, oversteer also.

yes, but in a weird ratio. you make me think its just arrogance. nvm then. i wont explain any setting further. u r just fine feeling the half :)
Of course it is not arrogance, I am fishing around for settings as much as anyone else. I am annoyed instead of starting your own thread with your must have fix all settings you chose to hi jack two of mine.

Post a thread with all the settings, let us all try them then report back. If you have the answer we have been searching for, get it on the main forum!

yes, but in a weird ratio. you make me think its just arrogance. nvm then. i wont explain any setting further. u r just fine feeling the half :)
Firstly apologies for my attitude yesterday you caught me at a bad moment and I think you could have phrased yourself better, but I am sorry. I have un-done all the disagree ratings.

I was annoyed because I have spent more time in the FFB tuning section than on track in this game and there are so many different opinions going around. Anyway this morning I took some of your advice on board and I have changed the FFB calibration settings to achieve more FFB on the straights a lot less deadzone removal and also still maintaining the communication of oversteer and understeer and no clipping.

I appreciate you trying to help, I still maintain you should post your finding s to a wider audience in a separate thread. :)

My results although a lot of information is being sent, the wheel is not rattling it self to pieces and it feels great on various cars.

Last edited by a moderator:
Settings updated to include new FFB settings, let me know what you think?

YqTI7r8.jpg

BbjRkZc.jpg

Should have pmed my thoughts to you, yes thats the point, there are to many different opinions. but i saw ur goal was a more realistic feeling also on straights while some others just want to feel the front for their laptimes. i thought ur thread fits to my settings. i just made an account to write down my opinions, anywhere. didnt write in forums for years.

No need to apologize. As i see your FFB line has alot more effects now, wich looks like mine. I dont think u still missing ANY curb no matter wich tyre hits it. wich is realistic i think. I alterate the values for the back and front until i feel 75% front 25% back and thats a little bit based on forces acting on the car.

Sorry again for occupieng your thread and for eventually confusings,

He has 0.04 because he doesn't have a DFGT.
Try using the program. My DFGT had none, and therefore deadzone removal had to be at 0 %

Do we know that is for all DFGT's, because I can't imagine the are all the same. Have you tried these settings? What did you think? I am open to suggestions but not being ordered about!

Could you post the old Settings again? The new settings just kill all the feel of oversteer and understeer in the corners.
No worries mate I have updated the first post with the original FFB calibration settings and the new ones as well.

I am sorry you didnt feel like they helped, I quite like em (although I will probably change my mind again).

Project Cars wheel settings arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Hmm. I decided to give this game another chance and fiddled with these FFB settings for around 2 hours yesterday. Got it feeling much better so thank you very much, but still a way to go.
I change this setting: "Braking assistance - OFF" and set a key to change camera in the car, go to drive, and the f@!(# braking assistance thing is back on when I go to drive, and the camera button doesn't work? Ugh. I'll try again though when I have more patience.

No worries mate I have updated the first post with the original FFB calibration settings and the new ones as well.

I am sorry you didnt feel like they helped, I quite like em (although I will probably change my mind again).

Project Cars wheel settings arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh!
I re started the game today still with your new settings and for some reason it worked so i guess it was just bugged or maybe because i recallibrated my wheel. Now that it does work i really like the new settings, it FFB just feels a bit more refind. The only downside is that i have to fiddle around with the Spindle and the SoP again because the wheel feel a bit to light right now.

heeyyyy thanks for your settings, i dont think they are perfect anyway. please try this: set the deadzone removal range to 0, and set the Fz option (in the car force feedback options) to 150, Fx and Fy to your taste (i have it in 60 both).
trust me and try it, you will fell the road effect but without the wheel cracking in the middle position.
also some tracks doens have any road effects, like donington, try walkings wlen or 24 lemans, those have more road effects.

just try it and tell me what you think

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 293 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years