PC1 Project Cars launch trailer released. Retail PC edition delayed in Australia.

Here's the launch trailer for Project Cars, the long-awaited title from Slightly Mad Studios.

The lights are almost green for Project Cars. After several delays the multiplatform racing title is finally ready to speed onto the market on May 7th...but not in Australia.

Unluckily, storms have been hitting the Sydney area, and the Namco Bandai warehouse containing the boxed PC copies of the title has been flooded. According to Kotaku Australia, the copies of the game have been "severely damaged".

The release date for the boxed edition of the PC game has been moved to May 8th so, hopefully, it's not going to be a big delay.

The PS4 and Xbox One versions are not affected by this, along with, obviously, the Steam versions.

Nice trailer. Makes me wanna buy it. I'll never abandon AC though. Tough break in Sydney, I guess karma has its strange ways...they just kept postponing Project Cars until the storm was there....

Well, some of the reviews do raise questions about the online structure of the game - and they're still reviews in progress. Eurogamer.net says it's not the most realistic game out there and the recurring comparison seems to be Grid Autosport. Nothing wrong with a "lightweight sim" title, mind you, but I'm gonna guess the more hardcore crowd is going to be disappointed.
Also, EmptyBox (link) seems to be pretty negative about it.
I dunno. There seem to be a lot of conflicting opinions.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 108 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 140 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 204 15.0%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 384 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 521 38.3%