PC1 Project CARS is very good SIM

Hey,

I have been sim racing since my 16 (now 28), TOCA Race driver, richard burns rally with my brand new Logitech Momo, I have played almost all race/rally game out there.
Rfactor, GTR 1/2, Race 07, all the colin, GT Legends, F1 2010-2011, IRacing, you name it.

I have bought rFactor 2 and CARS, and I have to say they bought feel realy good, but the looks and sound of CARS are amazing! Its almost like real.
What I also like is that every week you get a new build and its is better and better each time.

Believe me its becoming the best sim game out there ever!

If you like to drive on pc and have a good wheel just try it your self, its only 10€ for Junior memeber ship, thats cheap : http://forum.wmdportal.com/toolpacks.php

http://forum.wmdportal.com/toolpacks.php

I've never tried pCars but whats wrong with comparing it to something old? People are quite right to compare it to other games in the genre, including older ones. Surely if GTR2 is so old, you'd expect pCars to be infinitely better right?

I apologize for getting out of line sir. Whatever you say.

Nice video Senad, isn't that the same one thats been floating around the net for a month now?? Get some new footage. You do know there have been multiple builds since then right? One guy posted a video on the WMD site of the new stockcar being caught up in what looked like a tornado. This is still very much buggy, so while that video shows some issues, it's not finished yet.

I apologize for getting out of line sir. Whatever you say.

I'm sorry, I don't understand this. It was just a friendly reminder to discuss things properly, as all you did was describe GTR2 as "turd" without any proper explanation. There's no need to be sarcastic towards me, I've not been off with you in any way. This is the first time I've commented in this thread, I've been reading the "banned for no reason thread" too and to me it just seems that you're not capable of reasonable debate, instead dismissing everyone's arguments as rubbish, with silly little comments like this:

so your gamepad defense (or offense) doesnt hold up very well.

You also tell people to stop stating their opinion as fact, yet you do the same:

it's certainly not as terrible as you make it out to be.

Come on man, grow up. I don't know you, to me you are just some text on a screen. But that doesn't mean you can't treat people with common courtesy and respect does it?

I think GTR2 feels weird, like most Simbin games... There is that weird switch in physics behavior when there is a bit of sideways motion which feels unnatural... Some cars seem to be infinitely hesitant to get oversteer aswell, even in the rain... Anyway.

pCARS in my opinion is just going the wrong way, and if the goal of the devs is to make it a "sim" for the masses, it will only be half of what they think it will be.

I'm sorry, I don't understand this. It was just a friendly reminder to discuss things properly, as all you did was describe GTR2 as "turd" without any proper explanation. There's no need to be sarcastic towards me, I've not been off with you in any way. This is the first time I've commented in this thread, I've been reading the "banned for no reason thread" too and to me it just seems that you're not capable of reasonable debate, instead dismissing everyone's arguments as rubbish, with silly little comments like this:

You also tell people to stop stating their opinion as fact, yet you do the same:

Come on man, grow up. I don't know you, to me you are just some text on a screen. But that doesn't mean you can't treat people with common courtesy and respect does it?

I said it wasn't as terrible as you are making it out to be, what does growing up have to do with it? I didnt tell people to stop stating their opinions and that wasn't even directed at you so I dont understand? The one guy said that gtr2 is and always will be better than pcars, thats stating it as fact which I disagree with.

I could care less about the "banned for no reason" thread. Why does that even have to come into play. I'm perfectly capable of normal forum debate. If someone has a cynical attitude towards something than it tends to make me do the same and I get into that mindset. It's not just me throwing out sarcasm.

To quote Senad "Indeed. Someone posted a video a while back, that shows very accurately modeled lowrider suspension on an F1 car." This is meant as sarcasm and incites sarcasm back. It seems that a lot of people who dislike pcars fight with sarcasm. You're right I dont know you and you are just text on a screen to me, but you dont know me either. I apologize if you take my comments the wrong way, but you haven't driven pcars and if you read the other thread you would know how heated this debate is, so responses like mine shouldnt be a surprise. I will stay out of your way in the future, it's not worth the aggravation :)

PS. I called gtr2 a turd because I think it drives strangely. Maybe i've spent too much time with rfactor but whenever I participated in gtr2 leagues everyone would be excited for the first round but once they realized what it was, the league failed. I know a lot of you have a lot more experience than me and have used gtr2 a lot in your careers, I just have never taken to it.

Well I've personally have never used it. I just don't like it when people start speaking like that, especially when I didn't do anything to incite such comments, we are all supposed to be friends here :)

With reference to the issue in hand, I don't think everyone will ever agree which "sim" is best out there, people have different tastes. Some people think iRacing is the best, but I hate it it personally, my favourite is rF1 (mod dependant of course). At the end of the day, people look for different things in a game, and whichever suits their needs the best, they will perceive to be the best sim.

It's the best Sim ( if it's the only game you have and play it with a gamepad ).
Switching from pCars to GSC, Race07 or GTR2 scares the hell out of me.

This is in no way to flame Peter. I'm sure he has a lot more sim racing experience than I do (only 4 years) but posts like these cause me to post angry and it's probably not the best way. There is actually a poll on WMD that has had 2000 responses asking what type of controller/wheel you use. Adding up all the wheels you get 1710 members and gamepads/mouse/keyboard you get 294 members. This adds up to 85 percent of respondants use a wheel of some sort. They are developing pcars on mostly wheel user feedback. So when someone makes a statement that it can only be a good sim if you play with a gamepad, it just seems uneducated and bias. I will try to tone down the defensive responses in the future, but this is just an example of how I get started when people make posts like this. Again, this wasn't meant to call Peter out.

Indeed. Someone posted a video a while back, that shows very accurately modeled lowrider suspension on an F1 car.

1:08, 3:20

0KOHxhZgjB0
Mid-air is f'ed up because lift/downforce isn't based on a physical body (same in 99% of all sims by the way)

So if parameters are off you will notice it. More a matter of priorities as the car isn't airbourne most of the time... in fact that track was new as the time the video got recorded. There should be a test track with a few jumps so those things could be adjusted more easily. It will still look ridiculous if you go flat out on a ramp as those are cars and not airplanes but in a more realistic manner.

Why the car rebounds that way is beyond to be honest, maybe it's the collision boxes which shouldn't be of priority over the tire and suspension? Could be the bump stops absorbing everything and rebounding too evenly. Even Shift made you spin out easily after a jump so I don't really know...

http://forum.wmdportal.com/showthread.php?6201-Tim-Schrick-about-real-racing-vs.-sim-racing

Interesting about the grip thing too -- other sims are too slippery.

That's what quite a few people have been saying for a while already, and that's what SMS intend to set right with pCARS. Still, lots of people think that the old games like rF1 are the pinnacle of sim racing w.r.t. realism. It's going to take a lot of time to change these perceptions...

FTR, I don't like slippery fests anymore than gripfests, but I wonder given everything we know about pcars right now, ie...

1....30FPS on console
2....multiplatform
3....current sim index very ordinary
4....SMS recent history=ZERO sims
5....treatment of the modders/modding
6....absurd reaction to criticism, including buying out forum moderators{is this necessary to deal with the fallout from those expecting an actual sim as promised}

How many people can read all of these details and still believe pcars is going to be a sim rather than a simcade...?{excluding Nathan of course}

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back