PC1 Project Cars is like GTR2/Rfactor right?

I am a long time player of sim racing games like GTR2 and Rfactor and was wondering if someone would just clear up if in fact, Project Cars is similar to those games or if it's more "arcady" than them. Anyone who has some knowledge of the game please reply and thank you.

From what I've heard, the physics are in no way realistic.
It's not Mario Kart "arcady" by any means, but it's not exactly a realistic sim either.

So I guess you could say it's a Simcade, even though it's leaning more towards a sim than arcade.

I've never really understood the point of a Simcade. I mean, what's the point? Simcade's are just arcade for people who don't like arcade, and simulators for people who don't like simulators.

I am a long time player of sim racing games like GTR2 and Rfactor and was wondering if someone would just clear up if in fact, Project Cars is similar to those games or if it's more "arcady" than them. Anyone who has some knowledge of the game please reply and thank you.
SMS is at the fine-tuning phase of development and pCARS is really starting to come together. It's not arcade in any way and I am fully confident that it will very easily surpass the older sim titles and should compete very well with AC, rFactor 2 and the others. And this is coming from someone that had big doubts that it could reach the goals set by SMS (been a WMD member for quite some time). None of the sims are perfect, pCARS I am sure will have its good and bad points but overall I believe this will be much more well rounded (features, cars, tracks, graphics, sound, physics, FFB, AI, Career mode, etc.) than many of the others - at least in fall of 2014.
Currently I'm mainly playing AC, GSCE, R3E/DTM, and pCARS. pCARS has been creeping from 2% of my attention to 15-20% lately because it's starting to feel great and the AI has been improving. But I like them all.
I do own almost all of the older sims also but they feel too dated to me to be much fun.

My $.02

I heard from a friend of my brothers wifes sisters boyfriend that the nazis still have a base on the dark side of the moon :p
I would recommend waiting for a demo and making up your mind for yourself.
If you listen to people who have not tried it you will find yourself misled.
If someone who has tried it gives a positive review, they run the risk of being called a "fan boy" again, this is misleading.
Over time I have gotten the feeling of many past sims from pcars, it has a quite unique feeling to it tbh.
There is a dynamic element in pcars that I have not felt in any other sim, no two laps are the same, you can feel the car change over time.
It is a sim, I have no doubt but it might not be the sim for everyone.
The issues you read about it not being a sim stem from the development being open but with limited access to the actual builds for most. This means what they read on forums can not be verified by themselves so they believe what is written.
Beware of strong opinions from people who have no access.

I won't get into the discussion on which sim is more realistic than the others etc, it's futile because most of us lack the actual IRL experience to comment on this matter.
With that out of the way, I rate my sims in how much FUN they offer and whether the cars respond how I expect them to do. pCars has gone from something feeling completely lifeless some months ago to one of my favorite sims these days. It's still not there in terms of FFB compared to AC, or roadfeel compared to rF2, but still I find myself having more fun in pCars than both of those atm.
Multiplayer is severely lacking in pCars atm, especially in terms of participation, but hopefully they'll improve on it and more people will start using it.

pCars is a sim like the two you mention in the core areas such as physics and racing features. One big difference compared to GTR2 and RF is that pCars likely won't be a huge modding scene as RF and GTR2 are-- unless something changes over time. Yes there will be plenty of skins for the cars but the strategy isn't one focused on modding. There is some good news though-- the initial title will have a truly terrific set of cars and tracks. Also, dlc support will be thorough as well. Some serious DLC is planned that will include more high quality tracks as well as full racing series.

I agree with the post above that says pCars has a bit of a unique feel. . It continues to improve over time but only you will know if you like it as much as other sims. I am not sure the physics and FFB will be the absolute best out there but most cars are certainly enjoyable in their current development state and will likely get better in this final tuning period.

When I combine that with the outstanding car & track list, great feature set (24 hr cycle, weather, damage models etc), and brilliant graphics & sound then I think you will find it to be a strong competitor for your money; unless you are completely satisfied with another sim title.

have been following this game from the start, signed up on day two or so, months or even years ago. i have come back every three months to do some laps, check out the feel, the ffb, the ai etc. i am still open to be pleasantly surprised by november, the last time i checked i went back to iRacing and AC the very same night. But it certainly looks amazing, you can have a good time just checking out the cars :) also, it has been interesting to watch such a project grow, heck they started out with a handful of cars and tracks.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 196 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 381 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 518 38.5%