PC1 Project Cars honeymoon over?

It's been out 5 weeks now and If like me, you've maybe given up on this title? I know we all piled in there at the beginning, hoping for that something but after hours and hours of tweaking, crashes online, frame stutter and goodness knows what else! I've lost the desire to actually start the game, knowing that it'll be straight into the settings. I've started playing R3RE lately and yes I thought no way was I going to spend hours again tweaking when the gave us another update. Thankfully, I've been hotlapping with my bud @Bez and within 2 sessions I'd got the ffb somewhere near. Anyway, back to Pcars and the latest patch comes out with expectation and by the sounds of it, it's not too good. I will give it another go tonight but with all the furore on here and endless tweaking, plus all the endless drivel on the official forum it's kind of dampened the whole Pcars experience for me personally. I was a console gamer for many many years and when I switched to PC a couple of years ago, I thought it was great and what a great bunch of people. When Pcars was released, I saw a very different side to the community that I hadn't seen before especially on here. So, how is Pcars for you after 5 weeks? have you moved on? are you still loving it as of day one? Has the patch made it all good for you? Let me know how you're feeling and please, don't start flaming, trolling or anything else. Cheers guys.

Reactions: Bez
I use a Dell 29" widescreen monitor and I think that could be my stuttering problem. I assume my graphics card will have to work harder compared against a 27" monitor?

I don't know. For sure your GPU has to work harder, but not at the point of causing stutters in game, IMO.

Did you try starting with vsync on only in Nvidia CP and off in game, with fpscap-63?
By the way, your game stutters since the beginning, or the stutters come with the time?

I don't know. For sure your GPU has to work harder, but not at the point of causing stutters in game, IMO.

Did you try starting with vsync on only in Nvidia CP and off in game, with fpscap-63?
By the way, your game stutters since the beginning, or the stutters come with the time?
I think from the beginning. I've seen some screens of it running with a gtx 760 and it runs better than mine.

I use a Dell 29" widescreen monitor and I think that could be my stuttering problem. I assume my graphics card will have to work harder compared against a 27" monitor?
But the "size" of a monitor does not effect performance, it's the resolution they are running. It takes just as much computing power (GPU, etc.) to drive a 60" as it does a 19" if they are both running the same resolution, say 1920x1080. My $.01

Thanks William but it's 2560x1080p so a third more resolution.
Yes, now we are talking performance impacting difference, 2560x1080 vs 1920x1080. Maybe I missed something in a prior post, I was just commenting on the monitor size in relation to performance. I see this (monitor size) being brought up in performance related discussions a lot, I may have been preaching to the choir in this case. :thumbsup:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 358 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 244 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%