PC1 Project CARS Graphics Settings

Brent Mills

Brent Mills
I'm getting 40-60fps which is totally playable, just wondering if my settings are optimal. Anyone care to post the settings they find work the best in terms of the AA combinations, texture detail etc? I have a HD7970 with i5 4670k

I have these on a GTX660Ti 2 GB OC'd i5. 100+ fps rain or shine but I am running v-sync at the moment for a solid 60fps.
5UEYinW.jpg

pa6N9QI.jpg

mKeCzwk.jpg

sMNQjTn.jpg

I think it looks alright.

I dont get it running unless I down all settings with a GTX660 and i5 4440.

It freezes when loading a race with 20 ia in default settings (Just like the one you posted @Lazarou ).

Dont know what happens but dont think its normal.

I'm a n00b if it's about Visuals/graphics and stuff...

Bloom this and FMAA /D2X that. What do all the abbreviations mean and do in general? I don't see a lot of difference tbh.:oops:

Or should I keep it at medium/high at max?

My specs:
Windows 8.1 x64/ i5 4440 3.1 GHz/Asus MBI B85/ 8 GB RAM PC12800 1600MHz Kingston/ GTX760 2048/ Philips 23" 144Hz 1920x1080/ Logitech G25/WD 500Gb 7200rpm SATA3 16Mb/Running 40-180FPS depending

Cheers
Robin

I haven't checked my FPS - I'm guessing there's an in-game display of it somewhere, like AC has?

I'll go google it and then maybe turn a few things up if it will let me - that screenshot looks nice with a few extras turned up! :thumbsup:

EDIT: Apparently, most people are using the Steam overlay to show FPS - I'll have to go figure that thing out, never used it.

Connor just get fraps to see your fps, it's free. Lazarou, I tried your settings and found my fps to be the same but the game looked much lower in detail. I guess my poor fps is due to my amd gpu, hope they update drivers soon. I suggest you try my settings which likely won't affect your fps but will make it look much better.

First race for me and my GTX 660 fried on me... Caused all sorts of problems and I had to run Windows in safemode until last night when my new GTX970 showed up. So far it's working well, but I haven't had much chance to mess with settings. I'll check tonight also and post what I'm getting.
Also my new GPU temps are around 72deg C. That should be okay right?

Did anyone else have issues with older cards?

AMD cards currently have issues with pCARS. This will hopefully be fixed in the next driver AND releases. Until then, be prepared for much worse framerates compared to equivalent Nvidia cards.

Some things you can lower to get improvements in FPS is Reflections, they can really bring down frames when it rains as when things are wet, they reflect more, there is almost no difference between high and medium shadow details, only high takes more from your system, particles is something you can lower as well, you barely see them only when you or other cars crash.

Bloom, turn it off, it eats away at your frames, same goes for Motion Blur. Grass can be lowered to medium because when do you really see the grass? Most of the time you are going 100 km/ph.

Also, the higher the AA the more it will eat at your CPU and make it work harder (the reason why we see allot of people with AMD CPU's complaining about higher temperatures), the physics engine in the game has been proven to be put more strain on AMD GPU's as Nvidia has implemented their Physics engine in the game so more cores are used while with AMD it uses one main core and stresses it out. Hope this helps out...

Last edited:
Can someone suggest how to get the shimmering of the white lines and fencing please. GTX 770 mostly high with a couple of Ultras but it's the AA and AF which don't seem to be eliminating the shimmer/flashing. Game looks amazing otherwise.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 358 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 252 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%