PC1 Project CARS Graphics Settings

Brent Mills

Brent Mills
I'm getting 40-60fps which is totally playable, just wondering if my settings are optimal. Anyone care to post the settings they find work the best in terms of the AA combinations, texture detail etc? I have a HD7970 with i5 4670k

Can someone suggest how to get the shimmering of the white lines and fencing please. GTX 770 mostly high with a couple of Ultras but it's the AA and AF which don't seem to be eliminating the shimmer/flashing. Game looks amazing otherwise.

MSAA is the best chance you got. It eliminates most of it but not all. You have two more settings that work as well but come at a higher performance cost, the MSAA High setting and DS2M. All of the other settings don't seem to do much for the vertical shimmering on poles and fences.

Last edited:
DS2
Can someone suggest how to get the shimmering of the white lines and fencing please. GTX 770 mostly high with a couple of Ultras but it's the AA and AF which don't seem to be eliminating the shimmer/flashing. Game looks amazing otherwise.
If you have the option in AA to use both "DS2x" plus use SMAA=low, it should make you very pleased as it did for me in greatly diminishing this problem. Using DS4x or higher only continues to eat away your FPS with a diminishing return!

I play this game with probably lowest GPU around here. Actually... you can't really go lower cause it's in minimum system requirements. It's GeForce GTX 260. With 896 mb. :)
And... it's still playable. I can even have great races. Only if I survive those damn starts (and they're, ofc, most demanding part of the race for GPU) I'm fine. And if it's dry, if it's rainy... I have to "take a look back for NO REAL REASON whatsoever":whistling: - just to get through that GPU demanding part of the game. Yeah, I know, it sounds funny but that's what I do. :laugh: Until I buy some better GPU and.... I'm in the process.
My processor is quite good actually it's quad i5. So it's not AMD as you can see. :) That helps I guess. A lot. :D
So... as you can imagine... with this weak GPU on board, I must have done many graphic experiments and here's one fact that I haven't seen anyone else menitioned.
Tracks in PCars are so different in amount of stress they put on (my) GPU. And processor also I guess.
And... it's not that simple as you may think, I mean it's not like Nurnburgring is the toughest one and some small/short are best for my fps.
For instance - try Oschersleben track and Monza. If I get ~60 in Monza, I got ~30 at Oschersleben. :confused:
Why ? I'm puzzled but I think it could be... number of objects around the track itself and how far are they from camera/player. You can't even say it's because some look beter than other - Donnington look much better to me than Oschersleben but it's much less GPU demanding. Confusing, I know.
In any case.... you can get VERY different results on different track, that's I've been trying to warn you about, so make sure or that you test on the same track as someone who's graphic settings you use for testing. ;)

Last edited:
Ladies and Gentlemen, some of the funny sounding words in the visual set up, I've been googling lol.

Vignette - Yes hard to explain but I don't think you need it on unless you want the fuzzy edge to your screen.

Crepuscular Rays - Now this sounded like some sexually transmitted disease to me lol anyway this is the sun rays shining down so like last night when we needed our sunglasses at Snetterton......... this is your man. I'll leave this on because it does look nicy nicy.

Global Specular Irradiance.......................Seriously!!! WTF!! anyway, I think this is to do with how the light shines on the track and it's a new graphic option to gaming so google says (Don't fookin blame me)

Exposure Compensation - This is making sure your picture is good in case the original is crap. This sounds like it's photography but anyway that's that lol.

Bloom...This is to do with I think looking like real life camera views

So there you have it, all makes sense now yes???? :unsure::unsure::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I have mine averaging around 115 fps 28 cars and rain.
No post processing
no bloom
no speed blur
AA off
use Nvidia control panel overide game settings with DSR @2x and 16x anistropic and 8 xcsaa AA.
medium in most settings
low shadows
low grass
High car and high track
i5 cpu at @4.4 ghz
GTX770
Looks damn good to me.

No post processing
no bloom
no speed blur
AA off
use Nvidia control panel overide game settings with DSR @2x and 16x anistropic and 8 xcsaa AA.
medium in most settings
low shadows
low grass
High car and high track
i5 cpu at @4.4 ghz
GTX770
Looks damn good to me.

Hey Mid-Pack
I can´t find the xcsaa option in my Nvidia control panel. I have a GTX 970. Can you help me? I´m running drivers with danish language, don´t know if that has any thing to do with it. But I can only find FXAA & MFAA. Can you post a screenshot or something?

Hey Mid-Pack
I can´t find the xcsaa option in my Nvidia control panel. I have a GTX 970. Can you help me? I´m running drivers with danish language, don´t know if that has any thing to do with it. But I can only find FXAA & MFAA. Can you post a screenshot or something?

its 8 x csaa. I have it in mine.

2015-05-13_00002.jpg
2015-05-19_00007.jpg

These images are MSAA with FXAA-OFF SMAA-OFF 1920x1080 medium-high detail levels, bloom and motion blur off, everything else on. Looks pretty good to me. A few remaining Jaggies but at 60fps performance solid in all conditions I'm not too bothered.

No post processing
no bloom
no speed blur
AA off
medium in most settings
low shadows
low grass
High car and high track
i5 cpu at @4.4 ghz
GTX770
Looks damn good to me.
Take my advice - you don't really have to turn Post processing OFF. You lost some eye candy here and the game will look too dark. At night at least. Try start some race and change only PP effect ON and OFF, make a screenshot with "chase" camera and... then decide.
Hell, PP in this game is so well done, even I use it, with my relic GTX 260 card, I lost like... 2 frames per second, but gain much more. I hope you don't mind going from 115 to ...111. :p
I remember in many games PP was so much more demanding, DiRT & GRID series for example.
And someone post video somewhere here.. there's not much difference between LOW-ULTRA, there's not also much difference between max and lowest FPS, try exploring some more, you'll get better looking game with just a few less frames. And there's no reason to be stubborn and ask for, say, 120 fps when ...69 is just fine. Or ordinary 60. :)

Last edited:
Hi everyone just registered after reading the opening posts for graphics settings for project cars. So decided to have a little play with my setup as I play project cars alot!

I'm running
I5 4440
16Gb ram
Msi gtx 760 4gb
Msi mitx military class motherboard
WD 750GB sshd
All wrapped up in thermaltake core v1

After a little tweaking I'm running 118 fps. And looking amazing

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 377 16.2%