PC1 Project Cars: Four "new" tracks announced

Project Cars Brno.jpg

Bandai Namco and Slightly Mad Studios have announced four "new" tracks for the upcoming crowdfunded sim Project CARS.

The announcement arrives just one day after the news of a further delay of the title.
Racers will likely be pleased with these new circuits, since we are talking about high-caliber names like Spa, Sonoma Raceway, Brno and Willow Springs International Park.
The tracks were already in-game under unlicensed names, so this is probably just the announcement for the licenses.

What remains to be seen is whether the Slightly Mad Studios team will be able to secure a license for other circuits like the Nürburgring Nordschleife, known in-game as Eifelwald. The Green Hell was already licensed for their previous title, Need for Speed Shift 2 Unleashed.

Project Cars Brno.jpg Project Cars Sonoma Raceway.jpg Project Cars Spa-Francorchamps.jpg Project Cars Willow Springs.jpg

I myself am really against feeling hype for a game, but I just can't help myself. I'm really looking forward to playing this on my PS4, whether anyone else is or not. I'm really looking forward to the amount of different series I can race in, and the amount of cars, and now I'm looking forward to even more tracks... I just can't help it. I could careless about the delay, at least they're trying to complete the game rather than release it unfinished. I'm tried of Triple A title games doing that as well. The hype for me is real, and as I said before... I am really against it. It's all... really weird. (Hypocrite alert! :laugh::cautious:lol)

Other then Project Cars, I'm looking forward to the new Grand Turismo as well. Great piece Alex Franchini!

Does anyone know which tracks have been laser scanned. I can't remember where I have read the British tracks have been laser scanned.

"Motorsport Vision operates Brands Hatch, Oulton Park, Snetterton and Cadwell Park, all of which will be digitally recreated to give players the chance to experience these iconic tracks in various cars.

To ensure a maximum of accuracy and authenticity, the tracks will be laser-scanned with the latest equipment, allowing the development team to capture even the smallest details down to 2mm."

They've had the Sonoma official graphics for a while, didn't realize there was some negotiation. During this beta, I should have done a better job keeping up with what came and went. Like they used to have "Indy", "Charlotte" and "Daytona", but I don't think they are there anymore. I do remember before steam you would start the launcher and I would watch the filenames that were being downloaded to see what new content was getting unrolled. It was pretty exciting.

• Deleted member 130869

I myself am really against feeling hype for a game, but I just can't help myself. I'm really looking forward to playing this on my PS4, whether anyone else is or not. I'm really looking forward to the amount of different series I can race in, and the amount of cars, and now I'm looking forward to even more tracks... I just can't help it. I could careless about the delay, at least they're trying to complete the game rather than release it unfinished. I'm tried of Triple A title games doing that as well. The hype for me is real, and as I said before... I am really against it. It's all... really weird. (Hypocrite alert! :laugh::cautious:lol)

Other then Project Cars, I'm looking forward to the new Grand Turismo as well. Great piece Alex Franchini!

I have actually just started wondering if I should get my copy on PS4 instead of Steam. With the whole current situation of distribution they removed that redeeming option, but I was going to get it for half-price anyway given my tier. It isn't shaping up to be what I desired but on the PS4 it would provide a great alternative to only NBA 2k15 or the untouched Metal Gear Solid - Ground Zeroes. The only issue is having to pay to go online...

I'm getting the PC version and console ( XBone ). I think once it releases there will be some pretty active league racing hear at RD. I also have some good friends on a console forum that I hope to race with.

@Warren King - I could post up a video on my YouTube channel of a SP or MP of a race at Oulton Park for you if you'd like. I actually have one up already that features some pretty bad driving on my part that concludes with a rather embarrassing ending.:roflmao:

Just search - "SnappyDee2O4F Project CARS"

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 109 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 83 9.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 80 9.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 56 6.6%
  • < 5 years