PC1 Project Cars Forum Moderators Banning Customers!

I just wanted to make you all aware to be very careful and withhold any and all complaints on the official Project Cars forums. If you make it known you are having problems with the game and dare to complain, they will ban you, just as they did to me today. It is completely unacceptable to silence customers in this manner. I chose to make SMS, WMD and end users aware of any issues I was experiencing with the game, and they are numerous, as they occurred and for this I paid the price. I post this here so others can be careful and not suffer the same fate.

Well, i must say i'm really sorry such threads exist. One opens a thread and then all hell breaks loose. A game that's out for almost 3 weeks and a lot of guys, all bloodthirsty for the answer they know they're not gonna get. Where does this hatred comes from? Haven't really checked all the history of RD-SMS relations but it seems that there's something missing. Ian posted a list of bugs that was deleted (if i understand correctly) and then it started. Haven't seen Bram in such mood and boy, it's not a pretty sight. Ian's answer wasn't proper, that's true, but there were answers that went over the limit. And now everybody has a headache and we haven't achieved nothing, right since the the point was only to show SMS doesn't care for us? I'm not a fan of pCars or any other sim, but i do care to have a game i enjoy and i enjoy both AC and pCars (and rF2 and GSC and GTR2). If something is broken, i'll play one, that isn't broken and wait while the broken one gets fixed, that's how simple it is, at least for me. And when i come home, i'll try to join some of the club events to see if there's really so many things not working.

Have a nice day and find yourself something you enjoy doing, cause this thread surely isn't that thing.

Something that jumps in my eye in the known bug list which Ian posted, is this:

Game crashes when moving from Practice/Qualifying into race.....FIXED!?!

Every single event I have joined here on RD (after the patch) has crashed shortly after the race starts. Too bad they call this "fixed" cause this is the main reason why online racing is impossible at the moment.

Fixed doesn't mean released.

Ian's response makes it look as though he never got actively involved in the development of the game, or that he hasn't tried his own product as extensively as his own customer base.

I will say, that during development, Ian posted some of the top times on the leaderboards. Not only did he play his own product, he still has his sim racing skills from the GTR modding days. However, his role is not writing code. He owns and manages a company which does more than just Project CARS.

I think it also was in the release notes of the latest patch, so we had great expectations but it didn't fix disconnect problem after qualifying.

Patch notes:
Patch 1.3 (13/05/15) 15.9 MB
Track Fixes:
* Zolder: Fixed cars garaged in 2 closed garages. (This fixes where you could get stuck in a garage during FP and Quali).
Controllers:
* Changed XB1 pad rumble to only update during the per frame tick and not at 600hz (Should make steering more responsive on the PC with the XB1 controller).
* Use absolute acceleration values for blending and updating steering movement to prevent negative direction (Moving the XB1 pad far left to far right, sometimes the steering got stuck, this should stop that happening).
Online:
* Removes the need to access the game setup details (Fixes occasional crash when advancing from Quali to Race).
* Crash in ProximityDetectorUserDataCreateCallback (Fixes occasional crash when returning from a race to the main menus).
* Disable driver swap for TT and MP

Likely what you are experiencing is not related to the "accessing the game setup details". Crashes are hard to solve. There can be many reasons software crashes within the same workflow so addressing one crash in that area doesn't solve all. The fact that most users don't have it but you do shows how complicated the PC realm makes things.

It would of been nice if Ian had come on here and started a thread that was thankful to us all for purchasing the game, also some sort of timeline for addressing the issues rather than what has occurred in this thread. Ian is obviously well aware of RD so why use it for good PR rather than this disaster area.

^^This^^ :thumbsup:

I don't like the hypocrisy. I get berated for name-calling, and yet here we are with head of studio being called cowardly. I'm not going to say this is the worst forum ever, but it's close.

Hey Mr Goon I apologise that I implied he is cowardly by running off instead of helping the community/his customers. Wrong choice of words. My bad. Sorry Ian Bell.

I should have said "chicken". ;) it's less passive aggressive don't you think?:thumbsup:
images_zpsxbpsmegz.jpg

I was very hard on the original Shift. Hated it with a passion, and managed to sell it within weeks. I was posting pictures of boats and calling it a boat simulator over on Nogrip, and I got myself a little "time-out" over there. I took a pass on Shift 2.

I stumbled upon a video showing the suspension model of pcars operating and got interested in it. It was clear to me the project was heading into sim territory and was nothing like Shift (which I despised). I really have no significant investment in pcars, but hope to in pcars 2.

What I don't like is Midpak bringing up the name calling and the very next day doing exactly what he berated me for.

Additionally I question your ability to moderate neutrally. There was no good reason to remove those links to the bug fixes.

The history of hating on PCars in the Sim Community goes back to before it was even begun as a WMD project.
Which is why I'm amazed this "community" (LOL) even bothered with the title.
Hated before it began, hated through it's entire development, of course it's going to be hated on release.

The whole thing is just sad.

In before the dislike from Chronus! :)

I guess it is like a divorce....I had no idea where both sides were coming from. I really didn't know who Ian Bell is/was but I thought after his first post in this thread, his posts were really odd in how he responded, some justified. Then it just unraveled, so to speak.

I am on no ones side.

Ok guys please, please, please.

Let's stop the finger pointing, offensive, maliciously intended, disruptive comments towards one another. This doesn't do you guys any good and also makes RD looks bad. If we go on this direction, someone please just lock this thread because this internet brawl will go on forever.

There's two sides of the coin here. On Mr. Bell side, I understand that he was unfriendly to some of the answers, couldn't stand some of our most harsh comments (which in some of it I could consider WAY too harsh towards him), but as someone who works also in IT, dealing with business team and have to attend to deadlines and stuff, no matter on what occasion, if you're a professional you should have some poise to deal the most pressuring matters, even criticism on any level, thus making unprofessional comments is good not only for you but for the company (in a certain level).

However, I felt that the was trying to open about it with us (EVEN IF HIS LAST POST was in a banned thread back in '13) and having a productive chat, had he had the chance. Maybe just the atmosphere wasn't the most propitious one to have this argument.

On the other hand, we have to look towards our attitude. I know we want the best product out there and see that the developers commit to their promises or the ideas given to the game. I know this game is broken, I'm aware of it, just like we all do. But if I'm speaking with a dev, most specially a Head of Studio, at least I'll be trying to do a conversation with him. Throw some criticism? Yeah, sure why not? But going full attack mode is not going to work. At all. And also, pointing fingers, feeding trolls, making mean intended threads towards someone is bad. Not for the other guy, but for you. If you're doing it, at least do in a PM, going public makes look bad on you. I've been there.

But as customers, we expect the best product out there, with the features we've been teased. If in this 3 years, SMS couldn't deliver what we expected, that's bad and we must at least to know why that didn't become possible or what was missing for that feature not to show up. But again we need to do a proper, civil conversation with the developers. We want answers? Sure, but we must know how to get them.

If you disagree with this, feel free to disagree, this is a democracy after all. I'm just leaving my opinion here.

You are being far to reasonable here Doc, we want emotion and lots of it, some swearing if you can and some gesticulating, waving of arms and some pacing back and forth. I want to know that your monitor is getting covered in your angry spittle.
You are going to have a hard time getting your point across if you don't. :D

Serious bit.
I agree with you.
These things have been a long time in the making, it's gonna take some time to calm them down I just hope folks keep trying for the better.

The fact that most users don't have it but you do shows how complicated the PC realm makes things.

Somewhere between 80 and 100% of the grid has been disconnected from the server within the first few laps, every time. But I have also only joined 3-4 times, and all of them were with multiclass cars. Don´t know if that´s the problem, or it is the hoster´s server which is crap.

Are people still experiencing game crashes in MP. I have not in over a week. What I do experience is a competitor lagging now and again. No MP game crashing.

I have´nt tried a online race yet that did´nt crash.

I watched the whole of Simpits interview with Andy Tudor (Creative Director SMS) last night and I'm happy with what he says and I really like the game. I'm not an investor, just a sim racer. The more I play this game, the more I like it. I agree though it does put RD in a bad light reading all the hate towards SMS and If I was the head of a gaming studio, a forum would be the last place I would visit.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back