PC1 Project CARS Fanatec CSR settings

on this site mainly re Assetto on pc but got PC on the ps4 at launch last night / thismorning. Prob the wrong place to be asking / logging this but....

With csr and csr elite pedals on the game, can navigate menus okay, but getting through calibration etc is impossible, and even when left / reset to default, it does not work..

The wheel has virtually no degrees of motion and is stiff as hell even in the menus (to the point it feels it will break to try budge it), it sometimes spazzez out and flies from left to right etc.. and also, the gas pedal works, as in the revs rise, but no power goes to the back wheels what so ever.

Ive tried messing around with assigning / unassigning the clutch etc but to no avail. Seems theres a massive prob with it - works fine on forza/GT5and6/Assetto/R Factor etc etc .

I think im running firmware 756 on it. Would have to double check that but 95% sure.

Anyone else tried it on ps4 / had issues?

Other than that the game feels good (even with a pad)... BUT, the menu navigation in relation to controls setup is shockingly bad and doesnt work smoothly. Want to change to manual with the pad? You assign different buttons, then you cannot back out back to the previous screen. It says there are still buttons which need to be assigned, but it seemed as though actually they were. And it doesnt show which ones still need attention, thus leaving you stuck in that controls options screen, feeling claustrophobic and sh**!! So annoying.

Shame - I reckon it would be amazing with the wheel and pedals working, and thats just on PS4. Cant wait to try it on PC too. Thanks in advance for any help....

on this site mainly re Assetto on pc but got PC on the ps4 at launch last night / thismorning. Prob the wrong place to be asking / logging this but....

With csr and csr elite pedals on the game, can navigate menus okay, but getting through calibration etc is impossible, and even when left / reset to default, it does not work..

The wheel has virtually no degrees of motion and is stiff as hell even in the menus (to the point it feels it will break to try budge it), it sometimes spazzez out and flies from left to right etc.. and also, the gas pedal works, as in the revs rise, but no power goes to the back wheels what so ever.

Ive tried messing around with assigning / unassigning the clutch etc but to no avail. Seems theres a massive prob with it - works fine on forza/GT5and6/Assetto/R Factor etc etc .

I think im running firmware 756 on it. Would have to double check that but 95% sure.

Anyone else tried it on ps4 / had issues?

Other than that the game feels good (even with a pad)... BUT, the menu navigation in relation to controls setup is shockingly bad and doesnt work smoothly. Want to change to manual with the pad? You assign different buttons, then you cannot back out back to the previous screen. It says there are still buttons which need to be assigned, but it seemed as though actually they were. And it doesnt show which ones still need attention, thus leaving you stuck in that controls options screen, feeling claustrophobic and sh**!! So annoying.

Shame - I reckon it would be amazing with the wheel and pedals working, and thats just on PS4. Cant wait to try it on PC too. Thanks in advance for any help....

I had the same issues navigating the button allocation screens and then drive to the wheels but resolved them eventually.
How, well I worked out once Id realised you need to put your CRS elite in PC mode(hold select button) my ps4 Pcars then shows a CSR wheel selection(not CSR Elite?). Then I could'nt work out what buttons were L2 & R2, they turned out to be the accelerator and brake pedals, so allocated various other buttons, then I had no drive, spent ages trying different cars and various clutch and auto/manual gears, eventually it just worked, both Auto and manual, don't ask me how and why, it started working but it does, was up from midnight until 2am and didn't even do a race, all just getting CSR elite to work properly, but I got there ready for tonights play!
Not even started exploring the mass amount of FFB setup yet, it's amazingly exhaustive!

try this, from another forum:
I also had the issue with CSR wheel + pedals. The issue looks like it is with the clutch pedal; if you unassign the clutch or assign it to a face button the wheel works fine. Obviously not ideal if you wanted to race with a pedal clutch, but at least it is driveable.

I have also this wheel but only later today will get the game.

Also fanatec instructions for wheel connect:
this is how our wheels are working in project CARS:

“To use any Fanatec wheel you just need to connect it at or before the "Press X to Start" screen, then press the button which maps to X (PS3 mapping) on the wheel, it will then be automatically recognised and selected. I'm not sure if any specific firmware version is required as I believe it does just operate in PC mode.”

Last edited:
Hey thanks for the reply. I am actually using the csr not the elite. Have tried everything you've mentioned but no joy. Ridiculous that they release the game and not all that they say will work works. Tweeted them a hundred times and no response whatsoever. Getting annoying now but thanks for your help

The no drive thing is because the clutch is constantly engaged as the game spent recognise the clutch pedal on my pedal set, allocate the clutch option to a button in stead and select auto clutch on and you will get drive!

thanks mate - i had done this but then it was telling me i couldnt back out / save settings as some buttons hadnt been assigned that were required. turns out it was the drs/kers buttons that need to be assigned to before being able to save. I have now done that and the wheel "works". i say "works" because it is not great... It feels wooden and lacking in life. After a few hours today of messing with settings the best i have come up with so far are:

Turning FFB in game to 50%, (100 on wheel)
Deadzone removal to 0.10/0.15, cant remember but one or the other
Turning deadzone to 0
Increasing steering sensitivity to 80

This makes it playable. But it is a million miles from perfect. It doesnt feel anywhere near to how it feels in a good car on a good track with lotys of undulations on Assetto Corsa. It is ridiculously unpredictable too... Turn in on one corner, at the same time, with the same force, and you get a different result pretty much every time. Thanks for the advice though mate - at least I can play it to some extent until they patch this problem with the standard CSR's.

Hopefully these settings ive found may be of some use to others too...

Hey Pedro, good luck with it... I managed to get it working to some extent today. For some reason I posted two of the same thread last night and this is what i replied to in the other just now. May be of use to u as a starting point. I am using the elite pedals with the standard csr wheel...

You have to assign the clutch to another button, but if in the process of doing that u unassign the kers/drs buttons, u HAVE to assign a button to those before u can save the new settings....

My post from a moment ago in reply to answer on the other thread............

thanks mate - i had done this but then it was telling me i couldnt back out / save settings as some buttons hadnt been assigned that were required. turns out it was the drs/kers buttons that need to be assigned to before being able to save. I have now done that and the wheel "works". i say "works" because it is not great... It feels wooden and lacking in life. After a few hours today of messing with settings the best i have come up with so far are:
Turning FFB in game to 50%, (100 on wheel)
Deadzone removal to 0.10/0.15, cant remember but one or the other
Turning deadzone to 0
Increasing steering sensitivity to 80
Also had to turn SEN on the wheel to about 340 to get any sense of feel and lose that ghastly deadzone business the best i could

This makes it playable. But it is a million miles from perfect. It doesnt feel anywhere near to how it feels in a good car on a good track with lotys of undulations on Assetto Corsa. It is ridiculously unpredictable too... Turn in on one corner, at the same time, with the same force, and you get a different result pretty much every time. Thanks for the advice though mate - at least I can play it to some extent until they patch this problem with the standard CSR's.

Hopefully these settings ive found may be of some use to others too...

Last edited:
Seems the 100 FFB in the in-game options was causing extra havoc with the feeling of the game. I have it at 50 now but will try even lower later/tomorrow. Those are without doubt the best / closest feeling i can get it to how I like it on assetto (which ive been kaning for a long time now haha)

got my fanatec elite working ok, just had to assign the clutch to a button on wheel, if you are setting up the fanatec wheel then don't do any calibration for pedals or the wheel.just map the clutch and take down the ffb to 50% in game.. I tried to start the career mode but cant work out how to put in my name might have to setup a career with the pad then start using my wheel..

Project Cars FFB or Jack Spade (Standard FFB files)
Wheel Settings GT3 / CSR
Sen 900 or OFF / 900 or OFF
FF 30-40 or 90 / 90 CSR
Sho 100 (JS OFF csw v2 ) / 100
dri off / off
Abs 65-70 65-70 (CSR pedals clutch/brake inverted)
Lin 0 0
dea 0 0
spr off off
dpr off off

Ingame
Deadzone Removal Range 0.09 / (0 CSR)
Tire Force 95 / 97 CSR
FFB (wheel FF 90, approx. 40-55 ffb ingame) 97 / 97-98 CSR

The above settings were tested with the BMW M3 GT at Nordschleife, these setting should be in a general area for tuning FFB for other vehicles.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I registered to share my solutions for you guys hope it helps you out. I am really happy with my setup now but was extremely disappointed at first. I have a Forza CSR Wheel and CSR Elite Pedals mounted to a Next Level Wheel Stand.

1: You Must Install Firmware version 756 or the wheel won’t be detected on PS4

2: Put wheel in ‘PC” mode by holding the Back/Select button in.

3: Start Project Cars

4: When the X prompt is displayed press the (A) button.

5: If the wheels [ACL] Setting is ‘On’ you can Calibrate the clutch but you CAN’T switch pages with (L1 - R1) Paddles.

5: If the wheels [ACL] Setting is ‘Off’ you CAN’T Calibrate the clutch but you can switch pages with (L1 - R1) Paddles.

6: You must bind the Clutch to a button or it will be engaged and you wont move when pressing the Throttle. Note I haven’t bothered with trying to get the Clutch to function properly as I prefer to use the Sequential Paddles and auto clutch.

7: If you let the DS4 controller power off due to inactivity this will cause the System Auto Power save function to kick in, so you will need to keep one powered on or disable the power saving feature.

8: If you put the console into Standbye mode and use the the Quick Restore feature the game will crash when you try to restore the last session, this maybe related to the the wheels USB driver as it works fine when just using a DS4 controller. Just remember to 'Close Application' after a session.

Good Luck!

When inputting text, like naming a set up the virtual keyboard comes on screen and I can find how to input text or remove the keyboard.. please help.

If you press the PS button on PS4 controller to go back to the home screen, then go back to the game the keyboard will then disappear if I remember correctly. I can't input text either. When creating a driver for Career I had to reload the game with the just the PS4 controller, create the driver then re-launch the game with wheel to play. Hopefully they can patch so we can use both wheel and controller without issue. I haven't saved a setup yet but that will be annoying if there is no way to input text with wheel connected. Will look for a solution tonight.

Thanks for all the tips on this thread. Flashed 756 FW on wheel, PC mode as suggested, assigned clutch to a button and used Pedro's wheel settings above and all feels pretty good to me. Currently racing the Superkarts on Career and the force feedback feels awesome.

I have CSR elite and can input text using ps4 controller but you need to select the input option with the wheel so a combination of both.
I'm really enjoying Pcars with CSR elite and club sport pedals.
Granted no clutch but I don't play with clutch so not a problem for me.
Lee.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 87 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 71 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 44 6.4%
  • < 5 years