PC1 Project CARS Fanatec CSR settings

on this site mainly re Assetto on pc but got PC on the ps4 at launch last night / thismorning. Prob the wrong place to be asking / logging this but....

With csr and csr elite pedals on the game, can navigate menus okay, but getting through calibration etc is impossible, and even when left / reset to default, it does not work..

The wheel has virtually no degrees of motion and is stiff as hell even in the menus (to the point it feels it will break to try budge it), it sometimes spazzez out and flies from left to right etc.. and also, the gas pedal works, as in the revs rise, but no power goes to the back wheels what so ever.

Ive tried messing around with assigning / unassigning the clutch etc but to no avail. Seems theres a massive prob with it - works fine on forza/GT5and6/Assetto/R Factor etc etc .

I think im running firmware 756 on it. Would have to double check that but 95% sure.

Anyone else tried it on ps4 / had issues?

Other than that the game feels good (even with a pad)... BUT, the menu navigation in relation to controls setup is shockingly bad and doesnt work smoothly. Want to change to manual with the pad? You assign different buttons, then you cannot back out back to the previous screen. It says there are still buttons which need to be assigned, but it seemed as though actually they were. And it doesnt show which ones still need attention, thus leaving you stuck in that controls options screen, feeling claustrophobic and sh**!! So annoying.

Shame - I reckon it would be amazing with the wheel and pedals working, and thats just on PS4. Cant wait to try it on PC too. Thanks in advance for any help....

I have CSR elite and can input text using ps4 controller but you need to select the input option with the wheel so a combination of both.
I'm really enjoying Pcars with CSR elite and club sport pedals.
Granted no clutch but I don't play with clutch so not a problem for me.
Lee.
Right Yeah, not sure how I didn't manage to work that out! All good now

Bob, what do you mean and what does that achieve.
Sorry not sure what your referring to?
Think is CSR Elite owns have come off best for support as they seem to work really well unlike the other Fanatec's. There still are a few bugs but main operation, feel etc is great!!!

Bob, what do you mean and what does that achieve.
Sorry not sure what your referring to?
Think is CSR Elite owns have come off best for support as they seem to work really well unlike the other Fanatec's. There still are a few bugs but main operation, feel etc is great!!!

On pc i can choose between csr elite with seperate pedal setup and csr elite with combined pedal setup, one or the other gave me similar problems, when i changed it clutch worked.

Tweaked some of the ffb parameters as explained in the ISR article and it's even better and now I understand the setting elements better im adjusing for each car I drive.
I'm loving this game more and more every time I play it!!!!

Hi

I decided to post my settings for the fanatec CSR wheel becuse i could not find enything better online, this is for me the optimal FFB for this wheel, its kind of the same but still Very different and I belive only applys to Fanatec wheels. I use it and its perfect i can feel when im sliding and regaining grip. Also curbs a felt very clearly, even some elevation changes "try cadwell park GP".

So first this is a combination from both "Jacks Spade" files and Bmanics "global settings" only! So its a mix with a ad for the CSR.

So first download Jacks files, I recommend using his 1,5 edition "66% sop lateral" but they al work.
Then set these setings in the global FFB page. They are taken directly from bManic´s guide.

Relative Adjust Gain = 1.37 (sometimes it shows 137 and leaves the " . " out)
Relative Adjust Bleed = 0.30
Relative Adjust Clamp = 1.33 (sometimes it shows 133 and leaves the " . " out)

Scoop Knee = 0.12
Scoop Reduction = 0.08

Soft Clipping (Half Input) = 0.60
Soft Clipping (Full Output) = 1.79

But set the:
Deadzone Removal Range = 0.01
Deadzone Removal Falloff = 0.03

So far so good, now this is my ad that makes it even better for the CSR, well for me atleast.

Set the: Wheel per movement scale to 0.27 or sometimes it shows 127, but the value is the same, just make sure its that value.

Now the on the physical wheel set like this:

Sen: 900 or off
FF: 90
Sho:100
Dri: 5" or to ur liking" I use 5 and rekommend it.
ABS: 70
Lin: 0
Dea: 0
SPr: off
DPr: off
Acc: off

Thats it, its preaty easy, the diffrence is only the per wheel movement, and the DRI on wheel setting.
BUT it makes a world of a diffrence to me! It feels tight and informative, giving the sensation of what ur tires are doing. Also there is no clipping if u sett the FF to 90 on wheel, if u use 100 its still good but some clipping comes in turns.

Try it for a few laps, migh be getting some use to. Hope it helps some.

Last edited:
Hi Vladimir

Can you please help me where I can get the settings files from and how to use them?

I didn't know that one can use files for the wheels settings, I did know only about the settings to be made at the wheels display directly and in the game settings.

Thanks very much :thumbsup:

I just bought a used CSR wheel with CSR Elite pedals. I had pedal issues in Pcars. This is how I fixed it.

I should note that I'm on a PC running Windows 8

I ran a USB from the pedals to the computer and disconnected the lead from the pedals to the wheel. Then open the wheel,s windows settings (go to start and type joy.cpl) go to properties and then I think settings. Find the combine pedals check box and make sure to uncheck it. Save and then launch the game. Choose CSR with separate pedals then make sure to assign all the pedals. Then calibrate and enjoy.

TIP: most of us have a printer. Grab that USB for your pedals :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 326 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 217 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 283 13.4%