PC1 Project CARS Driver Academy starts on Thursday

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
driver academy.jpg

This Thursday RaceDepartment starts with it's first Driver Academy for Project CARS.

The Driver Academy for premium members is a full 90 minute online driving course with support from a live tutor to improve your online racing skills.

This course is aimed at beginning sim racers on PC that aren't comfortable or skilled enough yet to race online or are getting the creeps by the thought of having to race online in a large field of human drivers online.

In approximately one and a half hours you'll learn (and master!) the follow basics of racing:

You'll learn
  • How to brake
  • How to shift
  • How to accelerate
  • How to corner
  • How to understand the behavior of your car
  • How to prepare yourself
During this session we'll measure your starting speed and improvements and we can guarantee that starting simmers will benefit a lot from it by taking this course. You'll speed up a lot of seconds per lap when you have successfully completed the source.

The sign ups for our first pCARS event this Thursday are open and you can enter here: http://www.racedepartment.com/forums/premium-driver-academy.84/

Not a premium member yet? Click here to check out all the other benefits or upgrade here today.

Hi Bram. I'm not yet a premium member but plan to sign up soon. Are there more sessions upcoming and if so, what cars or track do you usually use? Any plans to have one of these on the consoles? I usually race on PC, but because of people on my friends list I bought PCARS on the PS4.

I'm not a complete beginner and usually run with all assists off and can win a few online races in public lobbies now and again, but I would say I'm fairly poor overall.

Hi, we run the academy nights on PC only (don't own a console sorry :)).

I'll schedule some more events in the upcoming weeks though. During the last event we used the formula rookie but this might change to a little bit more powerful car next time.

But you don't have the practice any cars or tracks up front. We start neutral with no knowledge up front and build up the racing techniques from there :)
but I would say I'm fairly poor overall

With personal attention, hints, tips and tricks you can dismiss that classification after 90 minutes, guaranteed :)

Hi, we run the academy nights on PC only (don't own a console sorry :)).

I'll schedule some more events in the upcoming weeks though. During the last event we used the formula rookie but this might change to a little bit more powerful car next time.

But you don't have the practice any cars or tracks up front. We start neutral with no knowledge up front and build up the racing techniques from there :)

With personal attention, hints, tips and tricks you can dismiss that classification after 90 minutes, guaranteed :)

No worries. I have been considering picking this up for the PC. I'll try to keep an eye out for any upcoming sessions. It might help to accelerate my plan to get the PC version :)

Maybe I'm underselling myself a bit (but probably not.... :)), but I think it would definitely be beneficial and a good laugh too.

I'll keep an eye out. Thanks Bram.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 306 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 204 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 155 7.8%
  • < 5 years