PC1 Project CARS delayed to May

RUF.jpg
Slightly Mad Studios just sent us a press release announcing another delay for its racer, Project CARS.

This is just another one in a long string of delays: the latest release date, April 2, has been pushed back to "mid-May 2015".
Here's what Slightly Mad Studios' head Ian Bell had to say about it:

“Despite our long heritage and pedigree in making critically-acclaimed racing games, Project CARS is by far the grandest and most intricately detailed of them all. Despite therefore the game being 99.9% complete, the remaining 0.1% attending to small issues and bugs has been tricky to anticipate. We’re absolutely dedicated to delivering a ground-breaking experience and by targeting mid-May fans can be assured that’s what they’ll receive”

Furthermore, Bell added that all players are going to receive exclusive free content "as compensation for this short delay and as acknowledgement of how grateful we are. This gift, that we’re sure is going to excite fans, will be available from day one and revealed shortly".

What do you think of this? Are you disappointed or do you think that this delay will benefit SMS's crowdfunded simulator?

Well that's disappointing news, I pre-ordered it about a month ago, not too worried about reviews myself as there is alot of footage and users here on RD, its got to be better than Shift2U right?....right?:cautious:

lmao, I knew it. Game is nice, but it's not there yet - not by a long shot at the moment. I'm betting it'll be released for real only in the Northern Hemisphere summer time.

How about delivering the Audi 90 GTO now to beta testers? :) It needs testing right?

Its funny. In October I posted at the WMD forum my concern because there were major issues and the November release date was looming. I got royally torched there for even doubting the product...
Updates on Steam used to be 1-2 GB large per week, that's a lot of content getting revised. But, this last month its been 100-250mb (it feels like), so I was sure we were getting closer to finished.
The good news is this is no SU:unleashed! This will be a fun product.

I wonder if this proves that the open beta model is the best for a company with limited resources (anybody know the company size delta between Kunos and SMS?). AC had an open beta (lower initial revenue from discounted sales) vice SMS using a closed beta (higher initial cost to the user but greater return on investment for SMS); therefore, it begs the question as to what bugs there will be when this is released.

• Deleted member 130869

I wonder how much influence Namco Bandai has on all this. I was once a fan of Namco but that many, many moons ago. Their publishing practices and DLC push has severely put me off.

Not even surprised and who cares, AC 1.1 and the dream pack DLC are right on time and a ton of fun. SMS would have lost credibility if they had any, but they are way passed that stage, the only mystery is why announcing a date again, just release whatever when ever it is ready.

Meanwhile...

AC 1.1+DLC
GSCE 1.27 and Copa de Marcas coming next
RRE improving physics and performance+Sonoma and more to come

When they decide to release Project Cars people will be tired to wait and more into the sims we already have.

Looking at some of the posts on WMD, I'd say that SMS/WMD have shafted a great many people that had INVESTED and didn't even own a PC capable of playing the game. A sorry state of affairs indeed. Investors that helped develop the game and are now told to go and buy the console version. Un-frikken believable.

Back to the delay, it was needed. LATEST BUILDS ARE NOT GOOD IN MY SUBJECTIVE OPINION.

I preordered it months ago and I keep forgetting about it, only remember when there is a new delay. I have been interested in the project after watching Rene Rast playing it on youtube. So I'll blame him if it is not good. Just kidding, I would buy it anyway...

Last edited:
PCars already features Nords and some of the cars in AC dream pack so doubt that the release of it has anything at all to do with the delay.
Not finished I'd agree with but a long way from finished is pushing things.
Bit confused as to how some people can have "helped" develop the title don't have a pc capable of playing it. How the hell have they "helped" exactly then? I know feedback wasn't mandatory but can you really be a tester/contributor if you never play or post?

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 277 15.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 188 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 190 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 139 7.6%
  • < 5 years