PC1 Project Cars breaks 1 million sales

pcars.jpg

Bandai Namco has announced that Slightly Mad Studios' racing simulator Project Cars has sold one million copies worldwide.

The news comes from an official press release, and presumably counts sales from all three platforms (PC, PS4 and Xbox One). According to the press release, PCars is also the "best-rated racing game for Playstation 4" - which we assume is talking about the Metacritic rating, currently sitting at 84.

Slightly Mad Studios head honcho Ian Bell declared: "throughout the development phase, the community has been fundamental - giving us daily feedback, telling us what needed to be improved, highlighting what they wanted the most and ultimately making it one of the racing games of their dreams". The press release ends with Bell saying that the studio "will be talking more about that future very, very soon", substantially implying that a PCars sequel is in the works.

What do you think of Project Cars and its success? Let us know in the comments below!

The cover image has been taken from our Racetube: check it out for more Project Cars screenshots and videos!

Last edited by a moderator:
I Wish steam could refund my money to buy GSC and enjoy a functional racing game. This game should be called pCrash... more sales dont make it better, simply talks great about marketing strategy, and in that aspect they have been so good.

Bram has a very clear agenda. If you are too blind to see it then I can't help you or force you to see it. He keeps denying it but that doesn't change the truth nor lesser the poison.

Well Bram has asked you, so will I because I am interested in your accusations. What is Brams agenda? We are all pretty interested in your reasoning with these accusations. Why are you so quiet in answering? :rolleyes: Scared?

Last edited:
I predict 3 million after Christmas. By than "metascore" will be solidly in the 90s, across all platforms. With the worst bugs squashed, missing content added, (dynamic quick race menu, American style racing and series, dedicated server for PC, and a host of more tracks and vehicles, that are in the works.)

1 million sales and counting huh. That's a ton of money for a small studio. It's got to be tough over here at Race Department these days. Ian Bell rolling in it, Micas too busy counting his money. All the pcars rejects and failures hanging out consoling each other. Igjantocivc I hope you are not too shaken about this. Let's call it Shift 3 if it helps you get through the day.

You make an interesting point. Don't want to say I was thinking the same thing now....but. :laugh:. I agree with Bram on one hand if you look at the game in isolation. As an xbox user, I was just as guilty for buying into the hype and thinking they could set the gold standard. Instead, what they have done is (hopefully) demonstrate that, yes, a true "SIM" (insert your own definition here) can be very very successful on the console, but unless you make it reliable, beautiful and seamless, with decent physics on a $400 wheel, it's no better than Need For Speed. Or Forza Horizon 2, for that matter. In fact, unless they can get the Thrustmaster much closer to not just feeling good but actually *working* (it just goes limp at times) and the multiplayer side fixed so that friends (all that "community" talk sometimes make me throw up a little in my mouth) can actually be in a room together and play, you can throw this title well behind Turn 10's creations. In fact, I bet Turn 10 has weather coming. And I bet when they get the tire wear sorted (not to mention the fuel) they will suddenly "become" what everyone thought, on the xbox, that pCARS would be. And I never thought I would say that in a million years, since the immersion of pCARS shows so much promise. It's like being 48 and walking through the University of Arizona Campus. :cautious:
Looks like you will get your wish with Forza and weather at least.;) I play on pc and don't have most of the issues console players have so it's hard for me to be impartial as to what the gaming experience is like on console. At the same time, I also think, actually I know, some of the whinging and crying is from players who don't understand the difference between simulation and a GT type of game and don't bother to check things like tire temperatures, controller setups etc. They expect to just jump in and be fast and never spin and never look at the telemetry and what's happening with the car and that's not going to happen for all but the uber skilled. Granted there are a bunch of real glitches and bugs but hopefully they get ironed out and with a big patch on the way it looks like they are taking it seriously which is a good thing. Let's see what the game looks like in a couple of months to give it a fair assessment.

As you know, I predicted pcars would do over a 1million units, but what I'm curious about is whether or not you now accept pcars as SHIFT3, or do you prefer to keep running the hype train even after the monies rolled in?

Ok, David, please tell me what caracteristicts a game needs to be considered a Shift.

You see, the floatiness that was one major caracteristicts of both Shift is completely gone, the tuning is gone with all the NFS atmosphere, no more drift mode, the car list is completly different, ect.

So why do you keep saying it is Shift 3?

.. and your post is a great example of the "brainwashing" going on here at these forums. It is quite infuriating that so many of you conveniently forget and ignore the constant.. and I mean CONSTANT.. bashing of Project CARS over the past 4 years. Heck it all started before the project was up and running.

These are OLD "feuds" and injustices here, creeping up yet again. Bram has a very clear agenda. If you are too blind to see it then I can't help you or force you to see it. He keeps denying it but that doesn't change the truth nor lesser the poison.

It's an action vs reaction thing going on here. Anybody with even a tiny bit of intelligence can clearly see it.

So yeah, keep on blaming "people from WMD".. it's after all the easy way out. You're all innocent here and "entitled to your opinion" even if it means lying and spreading complete BS over and over again.

Have you ever noticed how it is virtually impossible to create a "feel good" thread of any kind in these forums? All of them, and I mean literally all of the good threads have had at least one guy trying to turn it all around. These are real tangible "hate" on these forums towards SMS and now apparently anybody who was part of the project. It's bizarre.. we are playing video games with plastic toy wheels. Totally bizarre..
This is the best post on here.Everyone read it and then shut the ***k up and just get on with it.Both sides are equally guilty of inflaming this pointless ****ing argument.

In fact, unless they can get the Thrustmaster much closer to not just feeling good but actually *working* (it just goes limp at times).....

So I'm not the only one that experiences this limpness (on my T300, not other parts :O_o: )? I've managed to minimize it through dozens of hours of FFB tuning but it's not fully gone.

Sorry to derail the thread, now back to your regularly scheduled bickering. :laugh:

Why does every topic on pCars need to turn into a war?
I understand that investors will defend it no matter what, but still that's insane.

I can't understand a few things (like: How can you forget about default FFB settings?) but overall more variety is always good. As far as i know nobody has been forced into pre-purchasing, so the only one to blame is yourself as you couldn't hold your horses and wait for real reviews of fellow simracers telling you how the physics and car handling are.

TL;DR:
Join the GSCE army :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back