PC3 Project CARS 3 | 'What Drives You' Trailer Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Ahead of the game becoming available this August 28th, Slightly Mad Studios have released a brand new trailer for the game, titled 'What Drives You'.
  • New trailer for Project CARS 3 featuring plenty of gameplay.
  • Project CARS 3 releases August 28th 2020.

Less than a month until release day, Slightly Mad Studios have deployed a brand new trailer for their upcoming Project CARS 3 title, showing off to fans plenty of beauty shots from within the admittedly impressive graphical engine within the game.

Project CARS 3 Developer Blog #1 | Design & Physics: Click Here.
Project CARS 3 Developer Blog #2 | Handling: Click Here.
Project CARS 3 Developer Blog #3 | Upgrades: Click Here.

Slightly Mad Studios are expected to reveal the full list of 200+ launch day cars and the various venues that are set to form the initial offering when the game drops this August 28th, with further news on the title and additional gameplay videos scheduled for the coming days and weeks.

Likely to divide opinion within the sim racing community, I'm very much looking forward to seeing what people think of this new direction from Slightly Mad Studios later this month.

Project CARS 3 is set to release on Xbox One, PS4 and PC August 28th 2020.

Want to discuss this new game with fellow sim racing fans? No worries, head over to the Project CARS 3 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and start up a new thread!

Project CARS 3 Footer.jpg

I believe that the game is overpriced, hopefully the regional pricing for the game works so I could give this a try because its nice to have a lil' arcade (or arcade-ish) game to relax - i.e. I like very much the Forza Horizon games.

Trailer:
after seein the trailer it reminds me of need for speed specially the buying of and adding of mods

Let us make a comparison. Here is a quality post about the Nordschleife in AC subforum

It has two pages of replies over the past months.

Now this has 7 pages of replies, made by proud sim-racers who ONLY PLAY HARDCORE SIMS.

That is the internet for ya.

Still no one talks about in their reviews about this PC3 game is do we get all the cars and tracks when we
first start using the game? Do we have to unlock items - cars - tracks? Kind of dumb if so.

Seems I saw locked items in one video review that we have to unlock maybe car items
and dont know about the tracks but he didnt talk about that, just the race.

I could care less about seeing more hotlaps on various tracks.

So another words, please, please explain the game play of PC3 in a video, modes of game play??????????

In case you've didn't know, Codemasters bought SMS. What does that tell you? It tells me they needed some help because their games didn't sell as much as they needed to. Now, if you own a business and you make a product that doesn't sell, wouldn't you consider it a failure? Of course you would.

Where do you get the idea Project Cars didn't sell? Of course it sold - millions of copies. PC2 is still selling remarkably well on Steam for a 3 year old game priced at £45 I'd suggest the real reason SMS were looking for a buyer is the game(s) that didn't get released. In the famous drunken interview on YouTube Ian Bell said they were already working on PC Go and the Fast & Furious game when PC2 was released.

In 2015 SMS released PC1
In 2016 SMS released Red Bull Air-Race
In 2017 SMS released PC2
In 2018 SMS released nothing
In 2019 SMS rleeased nothing

SMS haven't released a game for 3 years. But they are a relatively large studio and their business model seems geared around releasing a game every year. This year they will release two. The delays to the release of Project Cars Go and the Fast & Furious game are the reason SMS needed to find a buyer.

Last edited:
Still no one talks about in their reviews about this PC3 game is do we get all the cars and tracks when we
first start using the game? Do we have to unlock items - cars - tracks? Kind of dumb if so.

Seems I saw locked items in one video review that we have to unlock maybe car items
and dont know about the tracks but he didnt talk about that, just the race.

I could care less about seeing more hotlaps on various tracks.

So another words, please, please explain the game play of PC3 in a video, modes of game play??????????
In Career mode, you need to earn credits to get new cars and upgrades.
But in sandbox mode (custom events) , everything is unlocked from the start.

Where do you get the idea Project Cars didn't sell? Of course it sold - millions of copies.
If it did they wouldn't be having financial issues. How many times do we have to say it? But it's ok i get it....you're one of those who are "always right" and will keep going and going until the other side says "fine you're right". So here it is. Fine, you're right.

Jesus....i hate the internet...

Oh so now we're going to completely ignore the existence of PCars 2 and the fact that it didn't even sell half as many copies (hell not even 1/3) just to make you feel special?
Yes the first one sold a lot of copies because it looked like a REVOLUTIONARY SIMULATOR. Everybody got super hyped and stuff. As soon as everybody realized it's not very good, they didn't even consider buying the next one. And that is why PCars WAS A FAILURE. There, i said it again. PCars was a FAILURE.
A billion copies sold doesn't make something GOOD or a SUCCESS. There's a lot of games that sold HUGE number of copies simply because of the HYPE, and they end up being called GARBAGE shortly after.
If PCars was a success, the second one would have sold twice as much and SMS wouldn't be in trouble. Also PC3 would have been better than PC2, and i would have been an astronaut!
It's common sense.Do we really have to keep this pointless argument going and going?

Oh so now we're going to completely ignore the existence of PCars 2 and the fact that it didn't even sell half as many copies (hell not even 1/3) just to make you feel special?
Not at all, you said that David was wrong about it selling millions, I was just showing that it did indeed sell millions, nothing about its qualities or lack of them, and the sales make no difference to how I feel. I know that pcars2 didn't do as well as 1 but I think it has sold reasonably well over its lifespan, and I would imaging the console sales helped on the financial side.

Last edited:
I would say claiming that PC2 didn't even sell half as many copies as PC, or "hell not even 1/3", is not very realistic, given that it seems to have sold around 500k on PS4 and Steam Spy claims between 500k-1 million owners. Add to that a likely 500k on Xbox too, and you're getting very close to 2 millions.

Just watched the trailer: I predicted the next phrase in each line before it was said, it was that cliched.

Anyway, bearing in mind the market this is aimed at, why on earth would I choose this over Forza or GT Sport?They are next gen, established - and great.

Slightly Mad Studios, why my dear friends the Project cars 3 isn´t a upgrade of Project 2? Why????? Please answer me. Why you developed this Project Shift 3? What the reason behind this? This is a year to forget.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 335 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 465 39.0%