PC3 Project CARS 3 | Release Date Confirmed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Slightly Mad Studios have confirmed that their upcoming Project CARS 3 racing title will release on Xbox One, PS4 and PC from this August 28th - with an enviable number of cars set to form part of the default game offering.

The proposed change in direction for the third instalment of the Project CARS franchise has certainly split opinion within the sim racing community, with some disappointed about the apparent move to a more inclusive gaming experience, whilst others and intrigued to see what SMS have in store when the game finally hits the virtual shelves later this year.

Rather than confirming a massive amount of information about the title from the off, Slightly Mad Studios have rather taken a steady approach of dripping information out to the public via social media in recent weeks - and the latest bit of information we've had concerns release date - beginning this August 28th!

Furthermore, the new title is expected to come with a bumper amount of content at launch, upping the ante from the last release within the franchise as over 200 upgradeable road and race machines will be playable on 140 different circuit configurations - not bad at all!

Project CARS 3 is set to release on Xbox One, PS4 and PC August 28th 2020.

Want to discuss this new game with fellow sim racing fans? No worries, head over to the Project CARS 3 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and start up a new thread!

Project CARS 3 Footer.jpg

I'll be getting this game just for the ease of play and VR. Typically play ACC, AC and AMS2, but get loads of friends and family that want to give the sim rig and VR a blast. Most of the time they don't make it round the first turn! Even if I don't play it much I think it will be a good title for when I have people round :)

• Deleted member 963434

I'll be getting this game just for the ease of play and VR. Typically play ACC, AC and AMS2, but get loads of friends and family that want to give the sim rig and VR a blast. Most of the time they don't make it round the first turn! Even if I don't play it much I think it will be a good title for when I have people round :)
me too, ACC for pure racing online, AMS2 for making hotlaps with ghost cars with friends in F3 bolide, and PC2 for chillin in road cars at Nordschleife online. But now they removed pits im afraid Nordschleife server as it is now in PC2, Touristenfahren #2 will be impossible to make. Right now in PC2 you choose any road car, join server, get out pits and you driving with real people in different cars around. If there are no pits in PC3 i cant imagine how it be possible to make such server. I mean they can make 6 hours qualy but cars will spawn at start, all ghosted so no crashing etc?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 117 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 302 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 432 39.6%