PC3 Project CARS 3 | Porsche 935 @ Leipzig Gameplay Footage

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Slightly Mad Studios have released yet more gameplay footage from the upcoming Project CARS 3 videogame, this time onboard the stunning Porsche 935 at the German Leipzig test track.
  • Project CARS 3 set to release late August.
  • New video on and off board at the German Leipzig track.

As we get ever closer to release month for the new Project CARS 3 racing game, the development team behind the latest release in the franchise have dropped a brand new gameplay video - showcasing the 2019 issue Porsche 935 on a hot lap of the Leipzig Test Track in Germany.

The next Project CARS game has a slightly different flavour than recent editions in the franchise, as Slightly Mad Studios look to open up the game to a wider audience than was previously possible with their simulation focused first two releases. However, despite the addition of various arcade gameplay features, the studio remain adamant that the new title can also appeal to sim racers, with the aid of various game setting tweaks to bring back simulation type handling and performance aspects.

In order to help the community better understand how the game might feel once out on the track, a number of different gameplay videos are set to be released in the coming weeks ahead of launch day, of which the video below is the latest instalment:

The lap of Leipzig joins the already released earlier preview of a 2019 IndyCar at Laguna Seca, and a short trailer of a Corvette on the Interlargos track - all of which are aimed to give players a little bit more insight into how the cars are set to behave out on the track.

So, what do you think of the latest gameplay video? Like the look of the title so far? Excited for release? Let us know in the comments section below!

PCARS 3 middle.jpg

In other Project CARS 3 news, the studio are soon to release a full list of both cars and circuits set to form the base release version of the title. We've already seen some preview images and footage from such locations as Laguna Seca and Interlargos, plus cars such as the above McLaren and the 2019 Dallara IndyCar, so it will be interesting to see what other content is set to form the initial launch spec of the title once it releases this August 28th - stay tuned for more info!

Project CARS 3 will release on Xbox One, PS4 and PC this summer.

Want to discuss this new game with fellow sim racing fans? No worries, head over to the Project CARS 3 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and start up a new thread!

PCARS 3 Footer.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry to correct you but Ian Bell did describe it as "all the sim you could want". Some of us want tyre wear, fuel use, tyre temperature, pitstops and qualifying in a racing sim. Hell, some of us just want to drive out of the garage and down the pitlane. And given the previous version of Project Cars offered all these things its not surprising some are disappointed that PC3 doesn't simulate these things.
In his opinion, and based on tweets he has made in the past, I take that with a pinch of salt :) On the flip side, it could be for some?

Why does anyone still pay any attention to what that guy says? You know he'll promise you anything regardless of whether or not it's true, and that he has a tendency to run his mouth a lot, so why even listen to him? Pretty much nothing the guy says is worth anyone's attention. Just ignore his blabbering and judge the game on its own merits, not on what Ian Bell might claim about it, you'll be much happier.

Yes, he's tied to the franchise, which is unfortunate, but that doesn't mean you have to listen to him. I would've thought people would've figured that out by now, but somehow plenty of people are still getting annoyed/angry by the fact that he still haven't changed and is still acting like himself.

In my experience you can't trust what any developer says. I was simply answering the question about SMSs claims in terms of PC3 and simulation.

Since the first news they put out on PC 3, they talked about simulation,
so it is only natural that sim racers feel a bit disappointed they've gone
more the arcade route... Anyway, not a thing for me, but I hope it is a
good racer for people who enjoy this type of games, like Need for Speed
and Forza, etc.

What is also dissapointing is the graphics. I was expecting an important
improvement from PC 2, an already 3/4 years old product, and was even
thinking it could be next gen ready for the new consoles... but to me,
from the 40 minutes or so of gameplay I've seen so far, it looks almost
identical to PC 2, no eye candy, nothing new.

I uninstalled PC2 (bought on sale) after some hours with no regrets because of the atrocious gamepad control and feedback.

PC3 I'll reserve judgement until it's been stress tested in actual users hands.
Gameplay looks like fun tbh (I have plenty of hardcore sims if I need that) but I'm more concerned about whether they've made it enjoyable to drive.

It's a game. Seems a lot of people here don't realise that.
And you (as many) haven't understand why the sim community kind of hates Pcars !! ...

They call it SIM, but it's not... That's all !
If they start calling it SimCad, everything would be ok.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 319 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 448 39.2%