PC3 Project CARS 3 | Porsche 935 @ Leipzig Gameplay Footage

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Slightly Mad Studios have released yet more gameplay footage from the upcoming Project CARS 3 videogame, this time onboard the stunning Porsche 935 at the German Leipzig test track.
  • Project CARS 3 set to release late August.
  • New video on and off board at the German Leipzig track.

As we get ever closer to release month for the new Project CARS 3 racing game, the development team behind the latest release in the franchise have dropped a brand new gameplay video - showcasing the 2019 issue Porsche 935 on a hot lap of the Leipzig Test Track in Germany.

The next Project CARS game has a slightly different flavour than recent editions in the franchise, as Slightly Mad Studios look to open up the game to a wider audience than was previously possible with their simulation focused first two releases. However, despite the addition of various arcade gameplay features, the studio remain adamant that the new title can also appeal to sim racers, with the aid of various game setting tweaks to bring back simulation type handling and performance aspects.

In order to help the community better understand how the game might feel once out on the track, a number of different gameplay videos are set to be released in the coming weeks ahead of launch day, of which the video below is the latest instalment:

The lap of Leipzig joins the already released earlier preview of a 2019 IndyCar at Laguna Seca, and a short trailer of a Corvette on the Interlargos track - all of which are aimed to give players a little bit more insight into how the cars are set to behave out on the track.

So, what do you think of the latest gameplay video? Like the look of the title so far? Excited for release? Let us know in the comments section below!

PCARS 3 middle.jpg

In other Project CARS 3 news, the studio are soon to release a full list of both cars and circuits set to form the base release version of the title. We've already seen some preview images and footage from such locations as Laguna Seca and Interlargos, plus cars such as the above McLaren and the 2019 Dallara IndyCar, so it will be interesting to see what other content is set to form the initial launch spec of the title once it releases this August 28th - stay tuned for more info!

Project CARS 3 will release on Xbox One, PS4 and PC this summer.

Want to discuss this new game with fellow sim racing fans? No worries, head over to the Project CARS 3 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and start up a new thread!

PCARS 3 Footer.jpg

Last edited:
You just know that its c..p under 10 sec. while watching the video. I think Codemasters referred to FF1 and demanded under 10 second game from SM, and oh boy they did deliver... I just dont even want to know wth goes in their minds.

Ben Collins said that there's no "ultimate" grip in any car, it's all about the "squirm" in the tyres, which I presume is the "floaty" feeling many complain about. I think it's right and I'll take Mr Collins "feelings" above sim racers!

He is correct. Simracers belief that there is a clear "boundary" between grip and no grip is wrong. The whole "feels tight" in the wheel at the limit doesnt exist in real life, it's all about that "floaty" feeling that some criticize so much, because a race car is essentially "sliding" over the track all the time.

Even Niels has been saying lately that the FFB that he helped create in AMS1 is "too direct".

He is correct. Simracers belief that there is a clear "boundary" between grip and no grip is wrong. The whole "feels tight" in the wheel at the limit doesnt exist in real life, it's all about that "floaty" feeling that some criticize so much, because a race car is essentially "sliding" over the track all the time.

Even Niels has been saying lately that the FFB that he helped create in AMS1 is "too direct".

That's why I am hooked on your AMS works Richard! :thumbsup:
A lot of the official cars are a bit strange at the limit, the F Classic and F V12, even the F Vintage as well. When the slide stops/slows the kickback in the other direction is like being fired out of a cannon. In the F Classic and V12s I microcorrect a slide under power and it's like a Scandinavian flick x1000, the car ends up at 45 degrees and at the other side of the track. And I have world records in them too!
It can't easily be dialled out in setup, so is it TBC file related? Sidewalls too stiff?

Sorry for the off topic.

That's why I am hooked on your AMS works Richard! :thumbsup:
A lot of the official cars are a bit strange at the limit, the F Classic and F V12, even the F Vintage as well. When the slide stops/slows the kickback in the other direction is like being fired out of a cannon. In the F Classic and V12s I microcorrect a slide under power and it's like a Scandinavian flick x1000, the car ends up at 45 degrees and at the other side of the track. And I have world records in them too!
It can't easily be dialled out in setup, so is it TBC file related? Sidewalls too stiff?

Sorry for the off topic.

No wanting to derail the thread too much, but yes, its mostly tire related, together with a few other details in the cars themselves, like inertias and dampening. Wall stiffness has a bearing yes, but its a lot of other things together. Renato himself said it was impossible to have cars behaving like some of mine do in AMS1. Regardless to say i disagree :) But yes, i totally agree with your comments on the AMS single seaters.

Thanks for your words by the way, i am glad you have fun with my stuff :)

No wanting to derail the thread too much, but yes, its mostly tire related, together with a few other details in the cars themselves, like inertias and dampening. Wall stiffness has a bearing yes, but its a lot of other things together. Renato himself said it was impossible to have cars behaving like some of mine do in AMS1. Regardless to say i disagree :) But yes, i totally agree with your comments on the AMS single seaters.

Thanks for your words by the way, i am glad you have fun with my stuff :)

Thanks a lot for your insight! :)

On the Autohebdo.fr site, there's a review of the game. The reviewer concludes: "On ne va pas vous mentir, nous sommes déçus de cette première version de Project Cars 3. L'orientation choisie par le studio, en supprimant les dégâts (ils sont juste cosmétiques), les arrêts aux stands et par voie de conséquence les courses d'Endurance, rend le titre bien moins attractif que son prédécesseur… qui bien sûr proposait tout ça ! Il n'en demeure pas moins une simulation enfin jouable à la manette et qui sera parfaite pour vous lancer dans le simracing. "

Translation: "We won't lie to you, we are disappointed by this early version of PC3. By removing car damage (it's only cosmetic), pitstops and consequently endurace races, the studio has chosen an orientation that makes the game less attractive than its earlier versions... that offered all that! Still, it is a sim easily playable with a game controller and a good entry point into simracing".

I've read two reviews in French this morning and both make it clear that PC3 is much more arcade-like than PC 1 and 2.

Last edited:

As anther person, it sounds like he is having fun, but when he pushes the too much to catch up to the other cars,
seems his car is hard to control/handle when cornering. Once he caught up to the others his handling of the car was
a little better.

As we all know, it is an arcade style game and I am waiting for more reviews after the end of August to see more of the gameplay setups,
race modes, and if all the tracks and cars are available to use on first use of game.

i will get the game sometime down the line when on sale for the VR support.

Last edited:
I don't speak German but this guy sounds like he is having a lot of fun?
As anther person, it sounds like he is having fun, but when he pushes the too much to catch up to the other cars,
seems his car is hard to control/handle when cornering. Once he caught up to the others his handling of the car was
a little better.

As we all know, it is an arcade style game and I am waiting for more reviews after the end of August to see more of the gameplay setups,
race modes, and if all the tracks and cars are available to use on first use of game.

i will get the game sometime down the line when on sale for the VR support.
He says it's a lot more sim like then the combination with streetcar and street track (Check the video I posted earlier in this thread). In the video he has I think no assists on, but it is nearly impossible to block or spin the wheels, unless you really try. In the video yesterday he mentioned that the steering seems to be set up for inputs up to 90°, in this window catching drifts is easy. I think this is to help controller players have more fun.

Not sure if I'm missing the point here. See loads of posts groaning about this title not being a sim. Okay so its not going to be on the level of ACC, RF2, AMS2 etc. etc. But does that mean its not a sim? Its simulating driving (maybe not to the highest standard), but there are loads of examples where the title can as broad as you want it to be. Example - I'm a runner, but not a world beating runner. Yes PC3 has said SIM, but I don't believe I've seen them saying the best sim racer ever? Unless I'm wrong here and I stand corrected. I'll be purchasing it for a bit of fun, you never know I may quite enjoy it!
Also probably a great title for when the family and friends come round to visit that don't care about tyre models and pit stops :)

Yes PC3 has said SIM, but I don't believe I've seen them saying the best sim racer ever? Unless I'm wrong here and I stand corrected.

Sorry to correct you but Ian Bell did describe it as "all the sim you could want". Some of us want tyre wear, fuel use, tyre temperature, pitstops and qualifying in a racing sim. Hell, some of us just want to drive out of the garage and down the pitlane. And given the previous version of Project Cars offered all these things its not surprising some are disappointed that PC3 doesn't simulate these things.

Sorry to correct you but Ian Bell did describe it as "all the sim you could want".
Why does anyone still pay any attention to what that guy says? You know he'll promise you anything regardless of whether or not it's true, and that he has a tendency to run his mouth a lot, so why even listen to him? Pretty much nothing the guy says is worth anyone's attention. Just ignore his blabbering and judge the game on its own merits, not on what Ian Bell might claim about it, you'll be much happier.

Yes, he's tied to the franchise, which is unfortunate, but that doesn't mean you have to listen to him. I would've thought people would've figured that out by now, but somehow plenty of people are still getting annoyed/angry by the fact that he still haven't changed and is still acting like himself.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 108 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 284 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 412 39.9%