PC3 Project CARS 3 | Porsche 935 @ Leipzig Gameplay Footage

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Slightly Mad Studios have released yet more gameplay footage from the upcoming Project CARS 3 videogame, this time onboard the stunning Porsche 935 at the German Leipzig test track.
  • Project CARS 3 set to release late August.
  • New video on and off board at the German Leipzig track.

As we get ever closer to release month for the new Project CARS 3 racing game, the development team behind the latest release in the franchise have dropped a brand new gameplay video - showcasing the 2019 issue Porsche 935 on a hot lap of the Leipzig Test Track in Germany.

The next Project CARS game has a slightly different flavour than recent editions in the franchise, as Slightly Mad Studios look to open up the game to a wider audience than was previously possible with their simulation focused first two releases. However, despite the addition of various arcade gameplay features, the studio remain adamant that the new title can also appeal to sim racers, with the aid of various game setting tweaks to bring back simulation type handling and performance aspects.

In order to help the community better understand how the game might feel once out on the track, a number of different gameplay videos are set to be released in the coming weeks ahead of launch day, of which the video below is the latest instalment:

The lap of Leipzig joins the already released earlier preview of a 2019 IndyCar at Laguna Seca, and a short trailer of a Corvette on the Interlargos track - all of which are aimed to give players a little bit more insight into how the cars are set to behave out on the track.

So, what do you think of the latest gameplay video? Like the look of the title so far? Excited for release? Let us know in the comments section below!

PCARS 3 middle.jpg

In other Project CARS 3 news, the studio are soon to release a full list of both cars and circuits set to form the base release version of the title. We've already seen some preview images and footage from such locations as Laguna Seca and Interlargos, plus cars such as the above McLaren and the 2019 Dallara IndyCar, so it will be interesting to see what other content is set to form the initial launch spec of the title once it releases this August 28th - stay tuned for more info!

Project CARS 3 will release on Xbox One, PS4 and PC this summer.

Want to discuss this new game with fellow sim racing fans? No worries, head over to the Project CARS 3 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and start up a new thread!

PCARS 3 Footer.jpg

Last edited:
I can't help thinking that the Project CARS franchise going full arcade is a good thing.

I own PC1 and PC2 but never play them because, in my opinion, they're not as good at being rF2 / AC / ACC / AMS2 as those games are. So it's a waste of a sim.

But if they go full arcade - I'll buy it and play it. I mean, Project Gotham Racing / Forza Horizon in VR? YES PLEASE!

It shouldn't be "beyond you" because they have explained why. The vast majority of the players prefer quick and fun sprint races. Endurance racing is not very popular, not even among "hardcore sim-racers".
Also, how DARE you say that the physics look believable? How dare you sir! This is RD! WE HATE PCars in here no matter what! Get serious!
One hour races are not endurance. Tire wear in one hour sprint races is pretty noticeable. So the right answer is not "no one wants endurance" but "we are looking for shortcuts".

Looks kinda floaty. But otherwise gives a decent impression. A less hardcore approach is something that can be amended I guess if the title is fun to play with great support content - career, progression, etc. - but the physics have to be consistent and the difficulty well balanced. Rubber-banding and the randomness of arcade racing is what made me distance myself from such titles some time ago.

[insert obligatory comment slagging off some aspect of the video while at the same time making an incredibly astute observation about a micro detail only a true simracer would notice, hence proving how much betterer I am than the plebs lusting after some arcade game]

I am sorry, I forgot that we don't care about simulation anymore. I will attempt to slowly remove myself from the community. I am also clearly absolutely wrong because I haven't driven that car in real life, so the observations are clearly useless as well.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 117 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 302 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 432 39.6%