PC3 Project CARS 3 | New Game Announced For Summer 2020 Release

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Slightly Mad Studios have dropped their first reveal trailer for Project CARS 3 - also confirming the game will be available on console and PC this summer.

With two and a half years having passed since Project CARS 2 hit the public stores back in September 2017, Slightly Mad Studios have undergone quite a bit of change, having teamed up with Codemasters and announced their Fast and Furious arcade racer.

Well, the team are back again this year it seems, with the third instalment of the Project CARS franchise due to drop in just a few short months.

Not much is known about the new game at this stage, however the announcement trailer and tweet do suggest maybe a more street car focus for the new title, which is an interesting change of direction from the first two instalments in the franchise.

Stay tuned for more information as and when it becomes available.

Project CARS 3 will release on Xbox One, PS4 and PC this summer.

Stay tuned for the upcoming Project CARS 3 sub forum here at RaceDepartment - a great place to discuss this interesting new title with fellow simulation fans.

PCARS 3 1.jpg

They have every right to want a piece of the market. Why does it make you so mad?

I couldn’t agree more (and it doesn’t make me mad at all). I just can’t see who their target players are going to be. However, judging from the promotional video, to me it looks much closer to the Forza/GT style than anything else. Incidentally, I don’t have either of those titles as I prefer traditional sims as opposed to sim-cade.

I couldn’t agree more (and it doesn’t make me mad at all). I just can’t see who their target players are going to be. However, judging from the promotional video, to me it looks much closer to the Forza/GT style than anything else. Incidentally, I don’t have either of those titles as I prefer traditional sims as opposed to sim-cade.
That will ultimately depend on the physics/FFB/AI combo. If it's an improvement over PC2, it will satisfy pretty much everyone. Both the casual who cares more about customization (TURBO WHEELS!!!!) and the simracer who cares more about physics,accuracy,FFB,AI. And that's not something you can tell from a promo video. The gameplay video gives more hints of this being the case but again....hard to tell.
Let's just be a little bit patient and not rush into conclusions.

Why the hell would they want to "steal" sales from GT and Forza? The target audience of the SHIFT games were NFS players who wanted a more "realistic" experience. Then they made PC1 and PC2 that aimed at the "simracer" audience.

Now that they go SHIFT style again, what audience do you think they're targeting? Ding ding DING! You guessed it, the NFS players who want something more realistic than NFS Heat (just an example).

If they wanted to "steal" sales from your beloved GT and Forza, they would have continued on the PC2 path. Meaning, no customization, multiple racing series, no street racing (NFS style). Just straight up focused on driving and nothing else.

And for the love of God people, stop this nonsense about them copying other games and trying to "steal" players etc. It's a FREE MARKET. They have every right to want a piece of the market. Why does it make you so mad? What are you? Communists?

This makes sense to me, I agree with you, I think there is a market for players who are not hardcore sim players but want realistic physics mixed with realistic car customization, even if they aren’t 100% accurate.

Why the hell would they want to "steal" sales from GT and Forza? The target audience of the SHIFT games were NFS players who wanted a more "realistic" experience. Then they made PC1 and PC2 that aimed at the "simracer" audience.

Now that they go SHIFT style again, what audience do you think they're targeting? Ding ding DING! You guessed it, the NFS players who want something more realistic than NFS Heat (just an example).

If they wanted to "steal" sales from your beloved GT and Forza, they would have continued on the PC2 path. Meaning, no customization, multiple racing series, no street racing (NFS style). Just straight up focused on driving and nothing else.

And for the love of God people, stop this nonsense about them copying other games and trying to "steal" players etc. It's a FREE MARKET. They have every right to want a piece of the market. Why does it make you so mad? What are you? Communists?

Oh my you are a passionate one.
Definitely should run for office.

oh wait your were those who said. "AMS2 is the best I've ever probed "

When the suspension was totally broken in many vehicles
This is tried to solve in some updates later according to Renato of course
Ohhh wait Jajajajaaajaj
why so rude. are you an a mission? "SIM" fan...
it is ok. different software for different people.
no isult from my side.
stay safe "SIM" fan

That put a big smile on my face for some reason. So satisfying. Nice flick action, nice throttle control. Looks pretty realistic to me. By the way, this is exactly how the C7 handles in PC2 with medium or hard tires. That thing is a beast. Even soft ones struggle for grip but he's obviously running on medium or hard. I like.

Last edited:
This looks much better :) thanks for the video.

Here is some interview with devs

Some things they say makes kind of sense - virtual markers instead of classic line indicator (to help people focus on breakpoints, apexes without following line blindly) etc.

Also you can see in the interview, that when cars are going slow, it looks normal, so hopefully it will be possible to turn all that visual crap off :).

So there is still some hope after all :)

This looks much better :) thanks for the video.

Here is some interview with devs

Some things they say makes kind of sense - virtual markers instead of classic line indicator (to help people focus on breakpoints, apexes without following line blindly) etc.

Also you can see in the interview, that when cars are going slow, it looks normal, so hopefully it will be possible to turn all that visual crap off :).

So there is still some hope after all :)

I'm sorry but I cannot trust SMS and their marketing. They, especially Ian Bell, have a huge history of overplaying and overhyping their games. PCARS 1 and 2 were huge victims of that.
They are developers first, marketers second.
I'd rather see gameplay or wait for when Youtubers start playing them.

Heres one for you mate, i drove Rt2000 touring cars here in ireland for years, ive also dabbled in some low powered formula cars.
I dont claim to be an expert like some do but to me no other sim feels as close as AMS2 to the real thing imo.
ACC, R3E are excellent but i can drive on the edge in most cars in AMS2 and feel everything better than other sims.
I also have it on good authority that AMS2 is awesome, and also from real life race drivers, go figure.

Dont believe always what you hear try for yourself.

Anyone can claim they race cars. Thing is, I know these people race real life which is why I tend to trust them a lot more than someone I don't know claiming something. I also race local level and the madness engine in PC1 and 2 sucked balls. This is nothing personal, but I'm not wasting money on something when trusted sources have said its garbage. That is only the start though. I also know modders and I am helping with mods where I can. Project AMS2 at this stage is impossible to mod. Don't expect to see any V8 Supercars in it other than the ZB as people I know who do V8 stuff refuse to move over due to the lack of ability and freedom to implement modding.

I'm more interested in career mode and if it will be like PC2 or like Forza Horizons. I have no interest in "pimping" my ride and NOS.

You could give me a game with the most realistic handling but if it's not about real racing with rules and pit stops then I won't bother with it.

Anyone can claim they race cars. Thing is, I know these people race real life which is why I tend to trust them a lot more than someone I don't know claiming something. I also race local level and the madness engine in PC1 and 2 sucked balls. This is nothing personal, but I'm not wasting money on something when trusted sources have said its garbage. That is only the start though. I also know modders and I am helping with mods where I can. Project AMS2 at this stage is impossible to mod. Don't expect to see any V8 Supercars in it other than the ZB as people I know who do V8 stuff refuse to move over due to the lack of ability and freedom to implement modding.

haha im dying to know your trusted sources, your uttely clueless as are your so called sources if you think AMS2 is anything like pcars.
AMS 2 like AMS1 has V8 supercars lol.
The people you know who refuse to move over to mod AMS2 cant move over as its not moddable so its not their choice.
Your posts are utter drivel and totally made up thats clear to see.
Imagine forming an opinion of a sim without even trying it or because its not moddable or because your imaginery friends say so.

Last edited:
This makes sense to me, I agree with you, I think there is a market for players who are not hardcore sim players but want realistic physics mixed with realistic car customization, even if they aren’t 100% accurate.
oh, thats me, im part of this market. i just hope the customization does actually affect car physics more realisticly compared to forza. the sad thing is gameplay doesnt show so. i just hope you can switch between assists and physics like how they did in GT PSP somewhat, so that you get the best of both worlds. so far this game is turning out to be the dream game, as long as they keep the puddles and engine heating mechanics in.

At first after watching the trailer and gameplay i was disappointed because I had many hours invested in PC2 as it was probably my first ‘sim’ like title. But i now realise that sms aren’t targeting sim racers here, they wanted to develop a fun, competitive and great visual game for pad and wheel owners and thats probably what they have done here. Just because theres a new racing title on the market it doesnt just have to target one part of the broader audience.
Of course i wish they gad gone all sim route but from a business standpoint this ‘type’ of game makes sense. I doubt im going to buy it as it doesnt really suit my needs from the lookofthings but if games like these bring more people into the world of cars, racing, simracing then it cant be all bad guys.

haha im dying to know your trusted sources, your uttely clueless as are your so called sources if you think AMS2 is anything like pcars.
AMS 2 like AMS1 has V8 supercars lol.
The people you know who refuse to move over to mod AMS2 cant move over as its not moddable so its not their choice.
Your posts are utter drivel and totally made up thats clear to see.
Imagine forming an opinion of a sim without even trying it or because its not moddable or because your imaginery friends say so.

Ok, whatever you say boss. When Supercars aren't in AMS2, don't say I didn't warn you. If the game doesn't change, it will fail. Simple as that. Clearly you've made up your mind that you'll be a fanboy either way. That's you choice but a lot of people aren't a fan of the madness engine. End of story. Just for the record, some drivers I know actually race V8 Supercars. Either way, you might want to do something about that anger. I'd hate to see how you react over real issues if this is how fired up you get over a game

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.5%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 325 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing