PC3 Project CARS 3 | New Game Announced For Summer 2020 Release

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Slightly Mad Studios have dropped their first reveal trailer for Project CARS 3 - also confirming the game will be available on console and PC this summer.

With two and a half years having passed since Project CARS 2 hit the public stores back in September 2017, Slightly Mad Studios have undergone quite a bit of change, having teamed up with Codemasters and announced their Fast and Furious arcade racer.

Well, the team are back again this year it seems, with the third instalment of the Project CARS franchise due to drop in just a few short months.

Not much is known about the new game at this stage, however the announcement trailer and tweet do suggest maybe a more street car focus for the new title, which is an interesting change of direction from the first two instalments in the franchise.

Stay tuned for more information as and when it becomes available.

Project CARS 3 will release on Xbox One, PS4 and PC this summer.

Stay tuned for the upcoming Project CARS 3 sub forum here at RaceDepartment - a great place to discuss this interesting new title with fellow simulation fans.

PCARS 3 1.jpg

Longer gameplay.

It looks like the pits are close and Shanghai does not even have pit lane. The UI has no tire wear, tire heat and fuel levels. The minimap also does not have the pit lane mapped.

This is getting really worrying.

I really enjoyed Pcars 2 but Pcars 3 without WMD, then, you get essentially a Grid game. It really feels weird and it isn't what I expected. I hope they won't go "there won't be pits because only 5% of players used it" type of PR.

I think it might be Project CARS: Grid. Hope it is still good at the end as I really love Grid 1 and Grid Autosport.
Worth $19.95

You guys at it again aren't you? Anyway....for one more time i'll be the devil's advocate. I like what i see.

From the chase camera it looks bad mainly because of all the camera movement effects. I bet it will look much cleaner and closer to PC2 without them.
From the cockpit view it looks pretty much like PC2. I can clearly see the suspension working the same way as PC2, meaning kinda softish and bouncy (more obvious from the chase cam). The corrections the driver makes gives me a clear impression of proper oversteer/understeer which means that the suspension and tire physics are very close to PC2 if not the same. If it was arcade it would show.
The AI looks pretty much the same if not better. They're aggressive but clean. That's good stuff right there you can't deny it.

Don't act so surprised. They did say that it was going to be pretty much Shift 3. I liked the concept of Shift 2. Shift 3 with PC2 physics is a big YES from me. Besides, nobody was supposed to have liked PC2 (at least until AMS2 came) so why are you all so MAD about PC3 being "worse"? That's hypocrisy.

C'mon man, didn't you get the memo? We have already decided as a community to HATE!!!!! this title. Get on board the hate train, where we are going to HATE on this thing with a big steaming pile of HATE!!!! :poop::roflmao::roflmao:

You guys at it again aren't you? Anyway....for one more time i'll be the devil's advocate. I like what i see.

From the chase camera it looks bad mainly because of all the camera movement effects. I bet it will look much cleaner and closer to PC2 without them.
From the cockpit view it looks pretty much like PC2. I can clearly see the suspension working the same way as PC2, meaning kinda softish and bouncy (more obvious from the chase cam). The corrections the driver makes gives me a clear impression of proper oversteer/understeer which means that the suspension and tire physics are very close to PC2 if not the same. If it was arcade it would show.
The AI looks pretty much the same if not better. They're aggressive but clean. That's good stuff right there you can't deny it.

Don't act so surprised. They did say that it was going to be pretty much Shift 3. I liked the concept of Shift 2. Shift 3 with PC2 physics is a big YES from me. Besides, nobody was supposed to have liked PC2 (at least until AMS2 came) so why are you all so MAD about PC3 being "worse"? That's hypocrisy.

It is just how RD is. You are supposed to hate Pcars so fall in line. Then, when they go more mainstream, some of these people will feel their hate justified. Yet somehow AMS2 is a gift of gods when it is built upon the same engine. However, if you think about it, SMS were the first who implemented dynamic day-night with weather well, particularly in graphics, which is a common feature now. Then, they did that 4 seasons that was novel despite I find it largely useless. Now, they are adding upgrades to road cars. In some sense, they are pushing the boundaries of racing games or at least reigniting the old features that many old games has in a more modern and polished way. Sure, their products are flawed but I still think they are doing great job. Sim racing would not be at the heights it is now without them in some form, especially with the marketing that they had with Pcars 1 but I always felt AC was the one that really pushed it to popularity again. Hence, I am thankful to have them still, regardless I like Pcars 3 or not.

The AI still has the player island effect with large gaps between the cars at the front and back. They do behave a lot better without that random swaying.

This whole thing is part of their franchise plan in 2010 during WMD. They are sort of following that plan since the first game. I hope the upgrades will be impactful and meaningful. Just imagine Forza with an upgrade system that actually works on a decent physics engine compare to the mess of the Forza physics that is not enjoyable for me.

Honestly, my only concern now is, why are the pits closed in the gameplay? Why are all the tire heat, tire wear, pitlane on map UI and fuel UI gone? This is really a big problem because I want a Pcars game, not a Grid.

I guess after two failed attempts at making a sim that met their own marketing spin, They have to try something closer to their real world capabilities.

Hopefully It has an engaging story mode.....

Things is if I was SMS I'd do TWO trailers....one like what we have for the Fast and furious crowd...and one with all that extra "stuff" turned off and concentrating on the "simmy" stuff the game does. Frankly IMO that trailer is awful and in no way shape or form sells the game to me and I'm a hardcore SMS supporter.

I'll be reading reviews and if all the "F&F fluff" can be turned off (as I'm not a millenial) and the "bones" of the game are still simmy enough I'll get it, but if all that "fluff" is core to the game then I won't.

But if it isn't what I want then what I won't do is slag off SMS for doing it, their game, their decision.

looks very arcade and not any better than anything else currently available..

whats with all the wings falling off those cars?? And it clearly doesn't seem to effect the handling! what a crock of crap.

If I was SMS I'd just leave this for the consoles..

The naming is unfortunate but they are only trying to make sales.

Its being made by Paul Rustchynsky who made Motorstorm Pacific Rfit and Driveclub. My two favorite racing games of the past 15 years on a gamepad. Here's me driving the balls out of Driveclub on a gamepad
If you can watch the first 3 minutes without feeling speed sick, congrats to you!

PC3 was bought by codemasters mid development cycle, so, fair chance it became a mullet game that changed course mid-way. There also hasn't been a codemasters racing game that handles well on a gamepad since Dirt 3, so... Lets see how much influence Rustchy was able to have.

There will always be a place for couch racing games in my free time.

I've got it on pretty good authority that AMS2 isn't good. My sources are people who actually race cars and have an idea on how things should handle and some also mod. It's not going to take off unless they make major changes now

Heres one for you mate, i drove Rt2000 touring cars here in ireland for years, ive also dabbled in some low powered formula cars.
I dont claim to be an expert like some do but to me no other sim feels as close as AMS2 to the real thing imo.
ACC, R3E are excellent but i can drive on the edge in most cars in AMS2 and feel everything better than other sims.
I also have it on good authority that AMS2 is awesome, and also from real life race drivers, go figure.

Dont believe always what you hear try for yourself.

The naming is unfortunate but they are only trying to make sales.

Its being made by Paul Rustchynsky who made Motorstorm Pacific Rfit and Driveclub. My two favorite racing games of the past 15 years on a gamepad. Here's me driving the balls out of Driveclub on a gamepad
If you can watch the first 3 minutes without feeling speed sick, congrats to you!

PC3 was bought by codemasters mid development cycle, so, fair chance it became a mullet game that changed course mid-way. There also hasn't been a codemasters racing game that handles well on a gamepad since Dirt 3, so... Lets see how much influence Rustchy was able to have.

There will always be a place for couch racing games in my free time.

Thing is that vid is EXACTLY the direction I did NOT want SMS to take with PC3!! It's arcade driving, far too fast on unrealistic "real" roads. It's just Outrun with better graphics. I'm hoping there's more sim in PC3 than the trailer showed then It'll be a good addition to my collection. But if it's like Driveclub it won't.

SMS lost their way half way through development of PC1.. It was showing such promise and then it somehow went south. I was desperately hoping PC2 would bring things back in the right direction but that didn't happen either and it was no better if not worse.

Not at all. However, Forza and Gran Turismo know their markets well and they are both very good (and successful) at what they do. PC3 would really have to either be better or offer something truly original to steal sales from those franchises.
Why the hell would they want to "steal" sales from GT and Forza? The target audience of the SHIFT games were NFS players who wanted a more "realistic" experience. Then they made PC1 and PC2 that aimed at the "simracer" audience.

Now that they go SHIFT style again, what audience do you think they're targeting? Ding ding DING! You guessed it, the NFS players who want something more realistic than NFS Heat (just an example).

If they wanted to "steal" sales from your beloved GT and Forza, they would have continued on the PC2 path. Meaning, no customization, multiple racing series, no street racing (NFS style). Just straight up focused on driving and nothing else.

And for the love of God people, stop this nonsense about them copying other games and trying to "steal" players etc. It's a FREE MARKET. They have every right to want a piece of the market. Why does it make you so mad? What are you? Communists?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 327 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 459 39.2%