PC3 Project CARS 3 | New Game Announced For Summer 2020 Release

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Slightly Mad Studios have dropped their first reveal trailer for Project CARS 3 - also confirming the game will be available on console and PC this summer.

With two and a half years having passed since Project CARS 2 hit the public stores back in September 2017, Slightly Mad Studios have undergone quite a bit of change, having teamed up with Codemasters and announced their Fast and Furious arcade racer.

Well, the team are back again this year it seems, with the third instalment of the Project CARS franchise due to drop in just a few short months.

Not much is known about the new game at this stage, however the announcement trailer and tweet do suggest maybe a more street car focus for the new title, which is an interesting change of direction from the first two instalments in the franchise.

Stay tuned for more information as and when it becomes available.

Project CARS 3 will release on Xbox One, PS4 and PC this summer.

Stay tuned for the upcoming Project CARS 3 sub forum here at RaceDepartment - a great place to discuss this interesting new title with fellow simulation fans.

PCARS 3 1.jpg

I was an original backer for PC , involved early in the weekly builds etc ( made a nice return on investment as well )
same here, i never owned any of the Project Cars games actually, looks like NFS which was fine while my son was still a kid, once he picked his own hobbies it was back to sim for me. never looked back. it will sell well and produce revenue for a firm which will do the wrc franchise in some years, so i'm all for it :)

I still play GTR2. Better than PC . Sincerely , who need this? PC1_5, PC2_3 and PC3, probably a 0.
well, you might be surprised but if AC has sold some 1.5 milion copies and Need for speed Heat sold 150 milion copies, you are asking the wrong question there

it's disapointed for sim crowd, but we are minority so yep, sad to see them going more mainstream, but not really all that surprising

Not what I was hoping for, but we'll see how it turns out. I've been playing PC2 a lot lately, I never played PC1, and only started PC2 a month or two ago. Mostly doing career mode, and my feelings towards it range from "Great" to "OK" to "I hate this and wish I'd never bought it". Great selection of cars and tracks, and they're mostly very good. I like the career ladder progression and the choices within, Day/night transitions are excellent as are the weather effects... except when they enrage me. This should have been titled "Project Rain 2". It feels like literally half or more of all the sessions have some level of rain (or even snow!), and the devs just wanted to show over and over again how good their weather engine is. I am fine with the track being slicker and needing to find a wet line - but the puddle physics are ridiculous. Yes, I know hydroplaning is a real thing, but this is like Mario Kart when you hit a banana peel or oil slick. I hit a puddle in a slow corner at Road America and spun so violently I thought maybe weapons had become available and I had been hit with a missile. Also, as far as I can tell, AI aren't affected - they just plow through them while I get literally thrown off the track into the wall. It's visually very impressive, but infuriating to drive through and way too frequent. Finally, the AI are "OK" at best and often much less.

Anyway, back on topic for PC3. This looks to me like they are going for a classic "Gran Turismo" mixed with Need For Speed kind of thing. I haven't played an NFS title since the late 90's, but I enjoyed GT for what it was and the car upgrading/customization could be fun. I hope the Corvette C8 and C8.R aren't going to be exclusive to this, I'm a Corvette fanatic and don't want this to be my only choice. Really hoping S397 can get the license for RF2.

If you check the gameplay video someone posted here, this is actually NFS Shift 3 with the PCars brand... if you consider SMS's bad rep with the sim community, perhaps going in that direction may be a smarter move for them... If PCars is never going to be a true sim for most, than it's best to embrace the more arcade style to appeal to a broader audience.
Deffo this and I think is a smart move indeed. We simracers sometimes forget we can play a game just for fun without need to simulate everything, laserscan every inch of tracks or comparing the most realistic physics/ffb on toys wheels..
I mean, sometimes chilling on sofa while playing a simcade with some friends can be fun right?
Most of us started their road to simracing from console games like GT or Forza...

• Deleted member 217114

Lets me be honest. First I was like: 'Nooooooooooo, no, no, no, no. God, no, no!'' But then I saw the trailer and the beta-gameplay and I was like: 'Ha-ha!'' Good. For the casual crowd there's Shift 3 / pCars 3. For the hardcore niche crowd there's ACC and AMS 2. I am happy it won't hamper the sales of AMS 2.

Ideally I feel a bit sad for the people who bought all the stock of Simgear and are now buying pCars 3. Asking themselves why this game is ''crap''. Then hopefully they sell all their simgear in bulk onto Ebay and local marketplace-stores with ultra-dupe low prices. Fanatec V3's for 250/280 euro. Huehue.

Personally Codemasters is no more for me. Dirt Rally from Paul Coleman & Co was awesome, but everything then was a letdown. Once great studio's like Codemasters and Paradox are showing signs of EA, Acti-Blizz and Ubisoft.

Why, I personally hope it's a massively successful if they are able to sort out physics I'm hoping was in AMS2 contract to help them out with.
Just means more options to feed my hobby :)
...looking at the trailer and beta gameplay there isn't a single bit of Reiza improvements for AMS2 ported there...
Maybe we will see something for next WRC game developed with Madness engine and some of the code developed by Reiza...
(Reiza will support AMS2 for 3 years, so 2023, the same year Codemaster will release their WRC game, probably on Madness engine which was used for PC2 and praised mainly for the dirt/rally stages)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 154 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 289 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 419 39.7%