PC3 Project CARS 3 | More Images And Details Revealed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Slightly Mad Studios have revealed some further images from their new Project CARS 3 game, with a little more details about the customisation options within the title.

Having made it's debut public airing back on June 3rd via their reveal trailer, Project CARS 3 developers Slightly Mad Studios have continued to tease the public with a few small image releases from the upcoming game, including a little bit of a clarification around the level of customisation set to feature within the new title.

Project CARS 3 Preview 5.jpg

Initially feared by the sim racing community to have a significant lean towards arcade style play within the new title, the developers have been at pains to explain that the game will featured a wider than ever before level of assist customisation when it releases later this year - giving options to both those who wish for a quick pick up and play scenario, and those looking for a more simulation experience within the game.

It will be interesting to see how Slightly Mad Studios balance the needs of the seasoned sim racers looking for a more authentic experience than the original entries into the franchise, against a potentially larger audience who are looking for a simpler and faster gameplay experience.

Whatever direction the studio decide to take with this new game, one thing is for sure, it's highly likely to divide the sim racing community!

Project CARS 3 will release on Xbox One, PS4 and PC this summer.

Want to discuss this new game with fellow sim racing fans? No worries, head over to the Project CARS 3 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and start up a new thread!

Project CARS 3 Preview 4.jpg

Project CARS 3 Preview 3.jpg

It all seems very rushed to me. When is the last time a big title has come out without 12 months notice and months and months of updates, details, leaks etc. Suddenly PC3 is ready for this Summer which means it has to come out in the next 2 months.
Doesn't sound right, screams cash in to me and I'd be surprised if it wasn't just PC2 with a coat of paint, motion blur and a full price ticket.
Then they'll release it again for the new consoles at Christmas, so probably looking to cash in twice so PS4 and XB1 owners buy it now and again when the new consoles come out.

LOLOL... it's called Business, in case you haven't herd

I'm softening on my opinion a bit, there's already too many hardcore Sims for a tiny miniscule market as it is. A lot of that market has expressed in no uncertain terms SMS are not liked.

The whole Forza/GT race mechanic is jaded. If SMS can tap into that market with the options for full on race weekend style racing (i.e practise, quali races over 3 laps etc) then it will be superior to Forza/GT. Maybe I won't need a PS5 and GT7 after all?

I still want MORE sim info from SMS though, still worryingly silent on that subject which re-inforces many beliefs it's less sim.

LOLOL... it's called Business, in case you haven't herd
lol indeed mate.
1 - No I don't have a herd although I did live on a small holding many years ago and there were chickens and a donkey.
2 - Business has nothing to do with rushing the release out.
3 - Business has nothing to do with putting a new coat on an old game.
4 - I don't really know what LOLOL actually means :D
5 - My opening words were 'It all seems very rushed to me' indicating it was my opinion.

Thanks for your input :)

As a owner of Assetto Corsa, GT Sport and Project CARS 2, I've been driving Nismo GTR in all 3 games (despite the fact AC has an older version compare to PC2 and GTS.) And I'm sorry to point out that PC2's Nismo GTR has the worst handling of them all, atrociously bad even as an arcade game.

So if you ask me if I want PC3? My answer is "hell no."

lol indeed mate.
1 - No I don't have a herd although I did live on a small holding many years ago and there were chickens and a donkey.
2 - Business has nothing to do with rushing the release out.
3 - Business has nothing to do with putting a new coat on an old game.
4 - I don't really know what LOLOL actually means :D
5 - My opening words were 'It all seems very rushed to me' indicating it was my opinion.

Thanks for your input :)
1, He meant the word Heard as in hearing, apart from being confrontational I don't know why you would say that.
2, Business has everything to do with rushing games out, the suits want to make money at the earliest possible time, this happens across all games, you should know this, it is not hard to understand at all
3 Business will spend the least amount of resources on anything to minimize the outlay and maximize the income, that is 101 stuff.
4 LOLOL is him chuckling at your lack of understanding how the real world actually works but I am putting words in his mouth so maybe completely wrong on that
5 It probly will be rushed and then patched as time passes, nothing new there either

• Deleted member 963434

As a owner of Assetto Corsa, GT Sport and Project CARS 2, I've been driving Nismo GTR in all 3 games (despite the fact AC has an older version compare to PC2 and GTS.) And I'm sorry to point out that PC2's Nismo GTR has the worst handling of them all, atrociously bad even as an arcade game.

So if you ask me if I want PC3? My answer is "hell no."
Yo jokin ? lol
nissan is assetto is a boat? In Project cars it at leas turn lol... it is hard to drive it in ac straight away without tweaking... dont know which year it is in ac lets say even 2007 xD yo think they make cars hard to drive like that in 2007? My moms toyota yaris 2010 has more grip in real life xD did yo drive nissan gtr in real life once time? xD rhetorical question - thats the problem with sim community (they think easy to drive = not realistic sim xD)

• Deleted member 963434

yo even got drivin license? yo real life ever drove real car? in nissan gtr in project cars i could drift like i was driftin my bmw e36 320i at abandoned plane runway once time, much easier than in AC

• Deleted member 963434

k i give you that maybe yo talking what heppening when yo got TC on ? wheel shaking and weird forces trying go put your wheel off your hands? I told that some pages before they need to improve TC to be more easy to drive, i agree.. Right now TC in project cars 2 seems like working against driver, that should not be, engineers makin they cars as much easiest to drive as possible. When no TC car handle very well in Pcars 2, if TC is on it trying to save you soo much that in make it more difficult to drive xD I tell they would be publish PC2 with enhanced TC, ABS, FFB, per car FFB, per car camera, pace car , more cars, more track i would buy without question;

Relax guys it'll be fine. And if it's not....why worry...you never liked it anyways. You have a TON of "proper" racing simulators so what's the big deal?You're acting like you SECRETLY.....LOVED IT, and you simply don't want them to ruin it....

Well, there's a reason for the dislike of the simracing communitiy. It's the marketing of SMS, overpromising and underdelivering concerning the simulation part of the game. I have to admit, after the dissappointment of PCars1 I was pretty sore, too, especially as a backer of a higher tier, I totally bought in the hype and was not only slightly mad after the release, I was real mad.

And they did it again with PCars2, too. They even bought the pretend racecar guy as a mouthpiece, who went on to praise how well the simulation was considering it gave the same laptimes like RL not like the other sims, while in the game some cars were barely driveable in the early release, and AI was plowing through puddles in a wet race like nothing would be there and you as a driver could barely touch the throttle before spinning out. What immediatly gave it the the bad rep of PCars1.

Which is a shame, because as a simcade at least PCars 2 is not bad. I got it for cheap in a sale out of curiosity and was surprised,that some cars were quite fun to drive. As long as you didn't race against AI even wet races were fun. I liked the career mode a lot better then the ones of the "real sims", and I still think the race engineer who gives you tips how to improve the setup is a feature every sim should copy, as it makes sims more accessible without handing shortcuts to the player, he still needs to find out what settings are working for him and getting a feel for the car. Also it clearly had one of the best VR implementations, in fact it's a lot easier still to get a good performance and quality compared to others, even newer ACC clearly has issues in VR which need a lot of fiddling until it's barely par to PCars2 visuals and you need a beast of a gpu for that.

So maybe the nfs like trailers are even a step in the direction of a more truthfull marketing, providing a glimpse of what the game really is and not pretending to be a racecar sim (bad pun intended, I think Mr. Ogonoski is still with SMS) which it most likely won't be. And if it's a good simcade, I will get it for what it really provides, car upgrading and so on are not a bad thing in my book. Maybe the physics are even going to improve getting feedback from Reiza about the engine.

I'm not convinced by their approach. Making the game accessible and the handling system customizable sounds like a good idea, but I doubt a "beginner-friendly" handling model can be stretched far enough to accomodate the realism hardcore fans are looking for.

If they can get it right, brillant - then we get a brillant-looking sim(cade) game. If not, this might tank badly...
Dang codemasters, theyre just after the money

The only and
1. Reason for me to install private Software since 5 Years will be, that i can test more than 1 hour :) !
The Programm, for example One week, RRE Experience give as "gift" the community this possibilty to begin of the "covid-19 - Story".
This is fair !
And i noticed that a person get a key for nothing to pay from GSCE from a Reiza Owner, to download the 1.5 Version (this was begin -2020), this company seems also fair and correct.

All Other is a "nogo" - than we driver older - Simulation, i dont know if my opinion is a "Single-Seater" ?

Well, there's a reason for the dislike of the simracing communitiy. It's the marketing of SMS, overpromising and underdelivering concerning the simulation part of the game. I have to admit, after the dissappointment of PCars1 I was pretty sore, too, especially as a backer of a higher tier, I totally bought in the hype and was not only slightly mad after the release, I was real mad.

And they did it again with PCars2, too. They even bought the pretend racecar guy as a mouthpiece, who went on to praise how well the simulation was considering it gave the same laptimes like RL not like the other sims, while in the game some cars were barely driveable in the early release, and AI was plowing through puddles in a wet race like nothing would be there and you as a driver could barely touch the throttle before spinning out. What immediatly gave it the the bad rep of PCars1.

Which is a shame, because as a simcade at least PCars 2 is not bad. I got it for cheap in a sale out of curiosity and was surprised,that some cars were quite fun to drive. As long as you didn't race against AI even wet races were fun. I liked the career mode a lot better then the ones of the "real sims", and I still think the race engineer who gives you tips how to improve the setup is a feature every sim should copy, as it makes sims more accessible without handing shortcuts to the player, he still needs to find out what settings are working for him and getting a feel for the car. Also it clearly had one of the best VR implementations, in fact it's a lot easier still to get a good performance and quality compared to others, even newer ACC clearly has issues in VR which need a lot of fiddling until it's barely par to PCars2 visuals and you need a beast of a gpu for that.

So maybe the nfs like trailers are even a step in the direction of a more truthfull marketing, providing a glimpse of what the game really is and not pretending to be a racecar sim (bad pun intended, I think Mr. Ogonoski is still with SMS) which it most likely won't be. And if it's a good simcade, I will get it for what it really provides, car upgrading and so on are not a bad thing in my book. Maybe the physics are even going to improve getting feedback from Reiza about the engine.

mentions "spinning out in puddles" and "simcade" in same post....wut?

PC1 and 2 were sims, they had "accessability" features and problems, non of which were "arcade" and without that element you can't have the "cade" in "simcade". The underlying engine was arguably the most advanced sim engine at the time. The main arguments against the PC series are mainly

FFB - some liked it some didn't. It's a subjective opinion thing.
inconsistant car phyics - some cars better than others (too many cars?)
Inconsistant tracks - not all laser scanned
Ai not using same tyre physics as player - not affected by Real track and it's puddles.

none of those problems have anything to do with arcade.

Oh and if you want truthful marketing you'd better change planet becuase that's an oxymoron!!

Yo jokin ? lol
nissan is assetto is a boat? In Project cars it at leas turn lol... it is hard to drive it in ac straight away without tweaking... dont know which year it is in ac lets say even 2007 xD yo think they make cars hard to drive like that in 2007? My moms toyota yaris 2010 has more grip in real life xD did yo drive nissan gtr in real life once time? xD rhetorical question - thats the problem with sim community (they think easy to drive = not realistic sim xD)

Bro, enough "xD" this hurts my brain. Base game setups in AC are trash, but they can be made decent if you know how to tweak them. It's nothing close to ACC, but it's far better than the GT3's in PC.

Tbh, PC2/1 were mediocre "sims", and mediocre games. I'd much rather have it succeed in one aspect, "as a game" in this case. We don't need another lifeless sim that doesn't bring much to the market and that other games manage to do 1,000x better. Sure, I'd love rFactor 2's LMP2's with the progression of PC2, but I don't think it's reasonable to expect that level of detail and refinement in a game that strives to have so much variety.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 96 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 71 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 75 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 48 6.3%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 105 13.9%