PC3 Project CARS 3 | More Images And Details Revealed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Slightly Mad Studios have revealed some further images from their new Project CARS 3 game, with a little more details about the customisation options within the title.

Having made it's debut public airing back on June 3rd via their reveal trailer, Project CARS 3 developers Slightly Mad Studios have continued to tease the public with a few small image releases from the upcoming game, including a little bit of a clarification around the level of customisation set to feature within the new title.

Project CARS 3 Preview 5.jpg

Initially feared by the sim racing community to have a significant lean towards arcade style play within the new title, the developers have been at pains to explain that the game will featured a wider than ever before level of assist customisation when it releases later this year - giving options to both those who wish for a quick pick up and play scenario, and those looking for a more simulation experience within the game.

It will be interesting to see how Slightly Mad Studios balance the needs of the seasoned sim racers looking for a more authentic experience than the original entries into the franchise, against a potentially larger audience who are looking for a simpler and faster gameplay experience.

Whatever direction the studio decide to take with this new game, one thing is for sure, it's highly likely to divide the sim racing community!

Project CARS 3 will release on Xbox One, PS4 and PC this summer.

Want to discuss this new game with fellow sim racing fans? No worries, head over to the Project CARS 3 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and start up a new thread!

Project CARS 3 Preview 4.jpg

Project CARS 3 Preview 3.jpg

In terms of the commercial side, this is rather an interesting approach by trying to get everyone (sim racer or not) into the game and proportionate a gradual transition for those who started with the game and after some time wish to have more realism.
But to be honest I doubt that they will be able to succeed, specially considering that the "this game is for everyone" approach doesn't really work

Like most, I was also underwhelmed by the mediocre NFS styled reveal trailer. In fact, for 2020, that crash scene would be shameful even if it was just another empty shelled NFS title.

After thinking about it though, I have to acknowledge the fact that we still are a minority in the gaming world, at least in terms of buying power, and I think I might have taken a similar approach with marketing if this was my IP just because that's a sensible business decision.

Think about it, we're in an age where games like Fortnight and Overwatch can be called esports. The majority of this consumer generation will buy and play just about anything you throw at them. The thing about typical consumers is they generally need to be spoon fed, which is why flashy mass-appeal marketing is important.

On the other hand, we who abstain from anything that lacks quality and refinement will, as a community of sim-racing enthusiasts inform ourselves and each other about anything that we consider good, regardless of what's in the media.

Let's overlook the marketing here and wait for the product. We may have more influence than is publicly acknowledged, and with the right attitude we might be able to help this entire genre get to a place where resources are not a problem and they can really push the boundaries, because we allowed them to be a successful businesses first.

Last edited:
And pits, i saw closed pits. If there would be no pits I not only no buy it but also remove PC2 with disguist.. No pits means no tyre heating, no tyre wearing, no fuel consumption, maybe no setups. PC2 cars handle really good and some better than in AC when set up properly.

Weren't they using the arcade mode on that gameplay in interlagos? Also, it's important to consider that we are talking about a 2 lap race in a possible arcade mode, in which the pits wouldn't have any real effect, it doesn't mean that in the entire game you'd have neither tyre heating nor tyre wearing.

After thinking about it though, I have to acknowledge the fact that we still are a minority in the gaming world

That is an unfortunate reality, ever since the game scene became a big industry, developers and companies will always be looking to where they can extract the most amount of money, not caring whether or not they will "betray" their original fans that supported them since day 1 or so.

But looking on the Bright side, nowadays we have many great developers putting a great effort to make a quality game for their fans. One example of this is Reiza with Automobilista 2 that even on Early access, the effort they made to create the game and also to make it better with each update is what makes me very happy with the current situation (also making AMS 2 being one of my favorite games

• Deleted member 217114

It's like SMS do not really care anymore. Just want to see casuals buy it so the CEO can buy a new bigger yacht. I am sure Codemasters also have stirred in the pot and said: 'You going to make it arcade''

Anyway; times gonna change and AMS 2 is going to take over the place of rFactor 2. AMS 2 as AI/SP-sim and iRacing for your sweaty backs-sim. :whistling:

But looking on the Bright side, nowadays we have many great developers putting a great effort to make a quality game for their fans. One example of this is Reiza with Automobilista 2 that even on Early access, the effort they made to create the game and also to make it better with each update is what makes me very happy with the current situation (also making AMS 2 being one of my favorite games

Yes, and I'm sure we can all agree even if nothing else good ever comes out of SMS that the engine alone is something to be thankful for.

Let me digress. I recently purchased Project Cars for PS4 for very little coin. It's a pain to setup the FFB because there are so many parameters to adjust but once dialed in, it is the deepest sim on the PS4. It has better feel than AC on PS4. So, my opinion of SMS has changed. I find that PC1 is better than PC2. To me, PC2 was dumbed down. That being said and based off what Reiza is doing with AMS2, I think the Madness engine is really good. It just a matter of how the engine is being used. Also, if I was SMS/Codemasters, I would not have any issues with doing a simcade game and try to maximize profits. There is nothing wrong with making money as long as the advertising correctly reflect the nature of the product.

I am willing to give it a good try as I am any sim.

PCars 2 was for me...great cars, great tracks, great graphics, poor FF. Well, I rarely touched PCars 2 for a long time after I got it because of the FF. Christians Pure FF changed the game for me. I still dont like the FF as much as some sims...but the immersion is fully there for me now when I play pCars 2. The car selection and track selection is a lot of fun and I mostly just do time trial mode, but the drive is pretty fun now.

Jason, I see you enjoy arcade games, so one question... Have you tried the game BeamNG?

I saw some videos of it, and its body physics look spectacular, how the bodywork and chassis deforms and break. But it seems not to be a racing game per se though...

I'm sorry but the complaining about PC3 is just unfair and it is kind of elitist as well.. No one here has tried the game to see what its physics feel like and all of the complaining is based on speculation. The devs have clearly stated multiple times that the physics are going to be very similar to how they were in PC2. Why is it bad for a sim to have nice graphics and for it to be more accessible to people who just want to race without having to spend hundreds of $ on a wheel, pedals, and a shifter?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 70 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 379 39.6%