PC3 Project CARS 3 | More Images And Details Revealed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Slightly Mad Studios have revealed some further images from their new Project CARS 3 game, with a little more details about the customisation options within the title.

Having made it's debut public airing back on June 3rd via their reveal trailer, Project CARS 3 developers Slightly Mad Studios have continued to tease the public with a few small image releases from the upcoming game, including a little bit of a clarification around the level of customisation set to feature within the new title.

Project CARS 3 Preview 5.jpg

Initially feared by the sim racing community to have a significant lean towards arcade style play within the new title, the developers have been at pains to explain that the game will featured a wider than ever before level of assist customisation when it releases later this year - giving options to both those who wish for a quick pick up and play scenario, and those looking for a more simulation experience within the game.

It will be interesting to see how Slightly Mad Studios balance the needs of the seasoned sim racers looking for a more authentic experience than the original entries into the franchise, against a potentially larger audience who are looking for a simpler and faster gameplay experience.

Whatever direction the studio decide to take with this new game, one thing is for sure, it's highly likely to divide the sim racing community!

Project CARS 3 will release on Xbox One, PS4 and PC this summer.

Want to discuss this new game with fellow sim racing fans? No worries, head over to the Project CARS 3 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and start up a new thread!

Project CARS 3 Preview 4.jpg

Project CARS 3 Preview 3.jpg

If they can get it right, brillant - then we get a brillant-looking sim(cade) game. If not, this might tank badly...

IF is a big word when it comes to sms, they didnt get anything right so far and failed miserably to deliver what they promised up to now.

The more dev teams in the sim market the better for us the end user so in that aspect i hope they succeed but i highly doubt it will be anything approaching the top sims like ACC,AMS2,RF2,R3E.

IF is a big word when it comes to sms, they didnt get anything right so far and failed miserably to deliver what they promised up to now.
I'll be fully honest, I never paid any attention to what SMS promised. When PC1 came out, I was glad that there was a good-looking racing game on the PlayStation with a wide variety of cars and tracks as well as pretty nice weather effects. PC2 was a bit of a let-down I admit, but perhaps mainly because my expectations had changed (having gotten into simracing in the meantime, acquiring a wheel setup and whatnot).

I am pretty open to this idea of accessibility to everyone while having good physics/FFB to simracers, etc., however, the UI, game modes we have seen so far (short races, no pit access, etc.) make me doubtful this is going to be for us. We'll see once more is revealed, I wouldn't bet anything on it though at this point.

• Deleted member 963434

Maybe some people will like blur and shaking hud, others shall simply just disable it, no problem just personal preference.
But what I really fear is those "3/10 perfect corners" "xp gain" feeds "perfect drift" and other forza-like ****, AND most important those stupid markers on road i think kids online will desperately trying to catch at all cost so if you will be on way to catch this marker (even if you dont know it cause you will disable this before even first play this game) kid will ram you just to hit this marker to gain xp.... I understaind racing lines etc, those help newbies to drive track they dont know, and is helpful for those who know track and have racing line turned off, because those others will brake earlier seeing red line, but those markers.. I tell you kids will fight to hit them for XP instead of racing xD
Project Cars 2 was very good, they should just make cars more stable not to drift every corner, improve ffb, improve abs, tc and stability control (those weird wheel shaking when gaining speed from standing) and it would be better than assetto corsa in which cars are too understeery for sure.
And what we got? "sim mode" they think is just remove all abs, tc and we got sim LOL and cars seem to loose traction on the rear even more easily than in PC2 wtf?

• Deleted member 963434

Another thing i was hoping for.. i liked than in PC2 we had "realistic assists" in gameplay settings. If car has no abs you wont turn it on etc. I was hoping it stay like that and they make abs and tc modes like in AC from 0 off to 1-12 mode, and what we got is they removed "realistic assists" option and just gave us option to turn it on or off like in forza. That means if formule renault 3.5 dont have abs in real life you will be able to set it to on anyway. And if GT3 cars have both abs and tc in real life, also modes from 0-12, they telling you disable them to "full sim experience" Lol what way they choose i cant believe..

• Deleted member 963434

And pits, i saw closed pits. If there would be no pits I not only no buy it but also remove PC2 with disguist.. No pits means no tyre heating, no tyre wearing, no fuel consumption, maybe no setups. PC2 cars handle really good and some better than in AC when set up properly.

I'm not convinced by their approach. Making the game accessible and the handling system customizable sounds like a good idea, but I doubt a "beginner-friendly" handling model can be stretched far enough to accomodate the realism hardcore fans are looking for.

Reminds me of what happened with Dirt 4.

"This game is for everyone, and everything all of them ever wanted" rarely works. Even though it sounds like a market segment you'd like to cover as a developer

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 121 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 308 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing