PC3 Project CARS 3 | More Images And Details Revealed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Slightly Mad Studios have revealed some further images from their new Project CARS 3 game, with a little more details about the customisation options within the title.

Having made it's debut public airing back on June 3rd via their reveal trailer, Project CARS 3 developers Slightly Mad Studios have continued to tease the public with a few small image releases from the upcoming game, including a little bit of a clarification around the level of customisation set to feature within the new title.

Project CARS 3 Preview 5.jpg

Initially feared by the sim racing community to have a significant lean towards arcade style play within the new title, the developers have been at pains to explain that the game will featured a wider than ever before level of assist customisation when it releases later this year - giving options to both those who wish for a quick pick up and play scenario, and those looking for a more simulation experience within the game.

It will be interesting to see how Slightly Mad Studios balance the needs of the seasoned sim racers looking for a more authentic experience than the original entries into the franchise, against a potentially larger audience who are looking for a simpler and faster gameplay experience.

Whatever direction the studio decide to take with this new game, one thing is for sure, it's highly likely to divide the sim racing community!

Project CARS 3 will release on Xbox One, PS4 and PC this summer.

Want to discuss this new game with fellow sim racing fans? No worries, head over to the Project CARS 3 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and start up a new thread!

Project CARS 3 Preview 4.jpg

Project CARS 3 Preview 3.jpg

How much HATE?

ALL OF IT!

Relax guys it'll be fine. And if it's not....why worry...you never liked it anyways. You have a TON of "proper" racing simulators so what's the big deal?You're acting like you SECRETLY.....LOVED IT, and you simply don't want them to ruin it.....

Let me put my armor on (yeah like the one you can put in the SIMULATOR WRC8 so that your car will take less damage). OK read, hit and hate me all you want.

Sorry - no market for this !

But PC 2 is a really good software (Grafics - +++ !)
And some Cars are nice to driver.
This Program have such a lot of cars, logically that the Team cant worked on every Car as long as on Caterham, or Gilette GT4 (if i remember correct).

PC3 is financiell o.k. for the Team (SMS or so), for the Future - i think, because Reiza have and will have a really nice hard Job to make profit (possible that they get success and the program rF2 get offline in the next Years - this Market have hard fights).
Only my opinion - and i disliked this market since ca. 7 Years (steam, no DVDs-Bluerays, buy for every patch, because to get a "Little new material" and so on)
consequently i use older software and save money in Hardware also.
No market? ACC found its market. F1 series found their market, )... I would find interesting to know whether a GTR2 remake would not meet its market while a ton of simracers have been waiting for a true sequel for more than 10 years. Presuming is not proving.

It all seems very rushed to me. When is the last time a big title has come out without 12 months notice and months and months of updates, details, leaks etc. Suddenly PC3 is ready for this Summer which means it has to come out in the next 2 months.
Doesn't sound right, screams cash in to me and I'd be surprised if it wasn't just PC2 with a coat of paint, motion blur and a full price ticket.
Then they'll release it again for the new consoles at Christmas, so probably looking to cash in twice so PS4 and XB1 owners buy it now and again when the new consoles come out.

Let me digress. I recently purchased Project Cars for PS4 for very little coin. It's a pain to setup the FFB because there are so many parameters to adjust but once dialed in, it is the deepest sim on the PS4. It has better feel than AC on PS4. So, my opinion of SMS has changed. I find that PC1 is better than PC2. To me, PC2 was dumbed down. That being said and based off what Reiza is doing with AMS2, I think the Madness engine is really good. It just a matter of how the engine is being used. Also, if I was SMS/Codemasters, I would not have any issues with doing a simcade game and try to maximize profits. There is nothing wrong with making money as long as the advertising correctly reflect the nature of the product.
Oh... a hundred percent with that!!
PC1 is a very satisfying drive... but, and this is a big but, you do need to understand their complicated instructions and tune FFB.
PC1 was better feeling then AC until I found out about AC's threading bottle neck problem.
And I still find PC1 graphics to be the best and smoothest running rain/night experience out there. Although AC's weather mods are closing the gap.

• Deleted member 963434

Is it not that in AC the "enhanced understeer effect" is on by default? Did you try to set it off?
I have never set this to on, once tried to, cause i was thinking it will improve it but made much worse xD im mean they enhancing effect that is by default too strong? xD Only thing helping is lowering tyre pressure like 3-6 psi, like they by default set them too high.. i dont know. somebody above said they made this game empirical, judging by what they felt in real life and trying to translate this to game? Well, i was thinking like that before and i think they were using some old wear tyres cause assetto corsa is boat and understeer simulator.. Many times driving fast my car in real life i thought to myself "in AC i would crash by now" xD PCars in that way is much more dynamic, you really feel you driving fast, also i show both games to some people and everybody can drive just normal in PCars straight away, in AC they going like 100 kph and tellin me they think like driving 40 kph, then comes turn they turn wheel and are shocked how light it just went and why car not turn?
But AC has better GT3 and formulas driving thats for sure, but road cars are so trash to drive. But im thinking now i never driven GT3 or formula car in real life so how can I tell? Maybe PCars got it better too? I dont know.
I tell they should leave physics like was, even make easier to drive cause cars are too oversteery in Pcars, add tc, abs modes, pace car, different setting of ffb like in AC you got gain, road feel, slip feel, abs, kerb feel etc. In PCars you dont know what slider makes what? Im not telling Pcars got bad ffb but setting it is pain, once you set it I can feel grip lost like I do in real life and its mostly little shaking and wheel become just a little light but you feel it by shaking mostly. (different thing when its rainy, then you dont feel shaking but wheel lightening just like in AC.. but AC has no rain)
And improve damages, make cars bend like in iracing now. I saw that punt in trailer, and saw no damage, thats not way how you showing crashes in new game..

I have never set this to on, once tried to, cause i was thinking it will improve it but made much worse xD im mean they enhancing effect that is by default too strong? xD Only thing helping is lowering tyre pressure like 3-6 psi, like they by default set them too high.. i dont know. somebody above said they made this game empirical, judging by what they felt in real life and trying to translate this to game? Well, i was thinking like that before and i think they were using some old wear tyres cause assetto corsa is boat and understeer simulator.. Many times driving fast my car in real life i thought to myself "in AC i would crash by now" xD PCars in that way is much more dynamic, you really feel you driving fast, also i show both games to some people and everybody can drive just normal in PCars straight away, in AC they going like 100 kph and tellin me they think like driving 40 kph, then comes turn they turn wheel and are shocked how light it just went and why car not turn?
But AC has better GT3 and formulas driving thats for sure, but road cars are so trash to drive. But im thinking now i never driven GT3 or formula car in real life so how can I tell? Maybe PCars got it better too? I dont know.
I tell they should leave physics like was, even make easier to drive cause cars are too oversteery in Pcars, add tc, abs modes, pace car, different setting of ffb like in AC you got gain, road feel, slip feel, abs, kerb feel etc. In PCars you dont know what slider makes what? Im not telling Pcars got bad ffb but setting it is pain, once you set it I can feel grip lost like I do in real life and its mostly little shaking and wheel become just a little light but you feel it by shaking mostly. (different thing when its rainy, then you dont feel shaking but wheel lightening just like in AC.. but AC has no rain)
And improve damages, make cars bend like in iracing now. I saw that punt in trailer, and saw no damage, thats not way how you showing crashes in new game..
I understand. I've made some friends, without any sim racing experience, try serveral sims and Pcars2 felt more natural for them. AC no, Raceroom good, but Pcars2 was their choice. Interesting...

No market? ACC found its market. F1 series found their market, )... I would find interesting to know whether a GTR2 remake would not meet its market while a ton of simracers have been waiting for a true sequel for more than 10 years. Presuming is not proving.

The Talk isnt a hard discussion for me, i laugh till i write, because its 100 % private and i like this theme of Software.

If A GT - Sequel will be a market, why Simbin not development this seriously.
It seems the better way with this engine far developement to RRE
This Office give the complete community a gift for Corona-times to use this without pay for days, was really nice. - o.k. little offtopic -

• Deleted member 963434

I just saw shanghai footage. I tell you its no more sim. They had tyre temps in hud in pc1 and pc2, why would they remove it for pc3? Even AMS2 have PC2 hud with tyre temps wtf? I tell you cause there is no more such thing as tyre temps xD no pits, no tyre pressures etc that means its NO MORE SIM no matter physics xD at this point why would you buy this if you can have forza horizon 4 with much more cars and big open world? Or grid codemasters just released year ago? You think codemasters saw danger in SMS so bought them to destroy them like that? XD but cant understand how they could be so stupid.. They sold themselfes to publish last game, sold own engine to reiza and its over, SMS destroyed. Its funny cause i saw once how Bell told EA was trying to buy them to destroy, now codemasters just did it lol Seriously they be just released pc2 with more cars, tracks and just named it pc3 and probably they would fool us, me for sure and get more money.. What they did? Removed tyre temps and pits LOL its much more biggest fail than fallout 76

• Deleted member 963434

Bell words about what EA trying to do:
"we’ll give you 1.5 million and we’ll sign Shift 3.” So I said okay, that sounds like a good deal. I took the 1.5 million, I paid the guys lots of bonuses, and two weeks before we were due to start Shift 3 it was cancelled with no warning. They said “we are not doing that anymore.”"

Basically now they took 1,5 milion from codemasters and two weeks later they said "remove tyre temps and tyre wear, fuel, car setups etc thats too difficult for kids, and pits its boring, give em visual tuning and car personalization xD then we make DLC worth 5 USD with 10 new liveries xd"
PCARS is dead

P Cars is far from dead.
Until it's released it can't be criticised in any rational way, what we have here is mostly ill informed and uneducated speculation based on a few brief video clips plus the usual no-talent haters.
:roflmao:

I actually fired up PC2 today and run a 20 min race at 60x time acceleration running Group C Jaguar XJR-9 with a field of Group 5 and Group 6 cars as well at at Daytona Road doing the Rolex 24hr and had a blast at the day night cycle and the screaming Cars, it put a smile on my face and that was worth lots in this messed up world that I live in right now so if PC3 can put a smile on my face then that is all good by me.

Do people really still go out and buy this stuff?
I've learned to put certain companies into a 'compartment' and leave them there.
SMS, Codemasters, etc...
When is the last time you had a direct stream from the head of studio stating their direction or what they wanted to achieve?
If I never hear directly from the developers on what they're doing or see real progress, then it doesn't show a real passion for what they're doing.
It simply becomes a money 'thing'.
I'm not interested in supporting that either way.
I'll pass on this just like I did on PC2.
I gave them back PC1 as well.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 282 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 190 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years