PC3 Project CARS 3 | More Images And Details Revealed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Slightly Mad Studios have revealed some further images from their new Project CARS 3 game, with a little more details about the customisation options within the title.

Having made it's debut public airing back on June 3rd via their reveal trailer, Project CARS 3 developers Slightly Mad Studios have continued to tease the public with a few small image releases from the upcoming game, including a little bit of a clarification around the level of customisation set to feature within the new title.

Project CARS 3 Preview 5.jpg

Initially feared by the sim racing community to have a significant lean towards arcade style play within the new title, the developers have been at pains to explain that the game will featured a wider than ever before level of assist customisation when it releases later this year - giving options to both those who wish for a quick pick up and play scenario, and those looking for a more simulation experience within the game.

It will be interesting to see how Slightly Mad Studios balance the needs of the seasoned sim racers looking for a more authentic experience than the original entries into the franchise, against a potentially larger audience who are looking for a simpler and faster gameplay experience.

Whatever direction the studio decide to take with this new game, one thing is for sure, it's highly likely to divide the sim racing community!

Project CARS 3 will release on Xbox One, PS4 and PC this summer.

Want to discuss this new game with fellow sim racing fans? No worries, head over to the Project CARS 3 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and start up a new thread!

Project CARS 3 Preview 4.jpg

Project CARS 3 Preview 3.jpg

They didnt manage to get thru in the sim gategory with their stuff, even if they did try a bit with earlier games, mostly with 1. So now they are chasing money from kids with arcade stuff? They did give up!

Well you already have Forza Motorsport 7 and Shift series games on PC for GT like games
And yes GT6 was not brilliant but was all for PDI fault cause the game itself was not bad but PDI left it unfinished (this is why i still play more GT5 than GT6)
And both of them neither do provide physics even on GT5 level nor VR, and yes, I'm jaded now, I don't play racing games without VR any more. Still would like to get PCars 3 as long as it doesn't go full arcade. They even might have learned a thing or two by AMS2 development about their engine, one can still hope.

Also I don't care who's responsible for the decisions that lead to GT6 and GT Sport, it just didn't work out for me and I moved on, no hard feelings. Well, maybe a little, not having to bother about supported hardware is nice, too.

I for one am more concerned about the physics.
Look at the crash at 1:42. That's not how gravity and momentum work, SMS. Do better in PC3.
project-cars-3-preview-4-jpg.381865

Nothing screams arcade more than this screenshot
My thoughts exactly.
Maybe some people will like blur and shaking hud, others shall simply just disable it, no problem just personal preference.
But what I really fear is those "3/10 perfect corners" "xp gain" feeds "perfect drift" and other forza-like ****, AND most important those stupid markers on road i think kids online will desperately trying to catch at all cost so if you will be on way to catch this marker (even if you dont know it cause you will disable this before even first play this game) kid will ram you just to hit this marker to gain xp.... I understaind racing lines etc, those help newbies to drive track they dont know, and is helpful for those who know track and have racing line turned off, because those others will brake earlier seeing red line, but those markers.. I tell you kids will fight to hit them for XP instead of racing xD
Project Cars 2 was very good, they should just make cars more stable not to drift every corner, improve ffb, improve abs, tc and stability control (those weird wheel shaking when gaining speed from standing) and it would be better than assetto corsa in which cars are too understeery for sure.
And what we got? "sim mode" they think is just remove all abs, tc and we got sim LOL and cars seem to loose traction on the rear even more easily than in PC2 wtf?
I don't remember seeing those in Forza.
Developers, please tell us: Can we still create custom races with training and qualification like in all other racing sims?
I hope so.

Looks like the sort of thing I'd enjoy playing in an actual arcade if they even were a thing anymore. Last time I played one was a Grid arcade machine in Cornwall (bossed it and go 1st in front of people watching of course!)

• Deleted member 963434

I said PC2 was very good even IMO better physics than AC cause real cars not understeer at 60 kph and even if they do, wheel not becoming so light as in AC. I said leave realistic aids but give us 0-12 stages for ABS and TC in some cars. Leave pits alone, give pace car. Improve TC and ABS so it actually makes driving EASIER as they make cars in real life easy to drive. Understand HARDER not means MORE REAL XD. But what they gave us instead was those stupid markers..
But yo all just talking about simcade or arcade thing... PROJECT CARS never was arcade or simcade. You seem dont know difference between those two genres.. Answer
1. Can you hit the wall and just bounce off it and this not affect your speed and you always maintain controll over a car?
2. Car going into drift easily on full throttle and always stay on track and you just pressing left or right as turns goes?
3. Dont want drift anymore? Just release throttle or press N2O button and your save
4. Lost controll? Press brake no matter if its understeer or oversteer RWD, FWD or AWD, is ABS on? - brake always save
5. Going into any degree turn at any speed no matter such thing as grip, only thing that matters is can your hands turn wheel so fast that you make it? XD
6. Is tyre temps, pressure, wear, fuel load, damages if enabled affecting car handling?
Answer those questions and i think you can tell is PCARS really arcade?
arcade: mario karts, forza horizon on arcade mode, nfs, crazy taxi, trackmania
sim: forza horizon 4 on sim mode (one exception brake always saves :/ but you have damages, tyre pressure and tyre wear there and can lost controll if getting wrong technicue into corner ), PCARS, AC,iracing etc dont need to tell, even wreckfest have sim mechanics, cars understeers a lot on dirt and wheels locking under braking and then cars wont turn! If that is not SIMulating reality then i dont know what you want more. The most important is how well game simulates reality? But this you can tell only if you racing in real life, but PCARS definitely was never arcade.

I said PC2 was very good even IMO better physics than AC cause real cars not understeer at 60 kph and even if they do, wheel not becoming so light as in AC.

That is because Madness Engine calculates the grip from fundamental or first principles equations and they spent a lot of time in fixing the low-speed instability issues in Pcars 1. Similar to engineering software such as ANSYS, STAAD Pro, Strain 7 and so on in computing stress and strain for engineering design. Shift 2 was particularly bad on that and many arcade games too. However, Pcars uses a lot more computational power for grip calculations.

AC uses some sort of empirical solution that reduces the computational requirements for better performance. From what I understand, a lot of empirical solution has instability calculation issue at low speed. I don't really feel that in ACC and a lot of the newer games.

Madness Engine is good technically, especially when it is used properly in AMS2. The issue is that SMS had dozens of classes with a number of very different cars in each. They do not have the time to tune it well.

That is because Madness Engine calculates the grip from fundamental or first principles equations and they spent a lot of time in fixing the low-speed instability issues in Pcars 1. Similar to engineering software such as ANSYS, STAAD Pro, Strain 7 and so on in computing stress and strain for engineering design. Shift 2 was particularly bad on that and many arcade games too. However, Pcars uses a lot more computational power for grip calculations.

AC uses some sort of empirical solution that reduces the computational requirements for better performance. From what I understand, a lot of empirical solution has instability calculation issue at low speed. I don't really feel that in ACC and a lot of the newer games.

Madness Engine is good technically, especially when it is used properly in AMS2. The issue is that SMS had dozens of classes with a number of very different cars in each. They do not have the time to tune it well.

This seems a "realistic" Info.

Thanks for this, because a lot of infos and Opinions are very very subjectiv and without substance for "Sim-Friends with little experience - in real driving also".

Hope AMS2 increase the Physic from rF2 and AMS1 (the best of both).
At this moment i get it possible offcourse, after i have bought new PC :) .

I for one am more concerned about the physics.
Look at the crash at 1:42. That's not how gravity and momentum work, SMS. Do better in PC3.

My thoughts exactly.

I don't remember seeing those in Forza.

I hope so.

I have a lot of doubts !

Physic tweaking like Reiza doing it on the Madness-engine isnt interesting for this buisiness.

The "Sim-liker" are a small community.

In my opinion NFS-Shift, Forza, GT Grand-Tourismo, Grid Clones find to increase sales.

I said PC2 was very good even IMO better physics than AC cause real cars not understeer at 60 kph and even if they do, wheel not becoming so light as in AC. I said leave realistic aids but give us 0-12 stages for ABS and TC in some cars. Leave pits alone, give pace car. Improve TC and ABS so it actually makes driving EASIER as they make cars in real life easy to drive. Understand HARDER not means MORE REAL XD. But what they gave us instead was those stupid markers..
But yo all just talking about simcade or arcade thing... PROJECT CARS never was arcade or simcade. You seem dont know difference between those two genres.. Answer
1. Can you hit the wall and just bounce off it and this not affect your speed and you always maintain controll over a car?
2. Car going into drift easily on full throttle and always stay on track and you just pressing left or right as turns goes?
3. Dont want drift anymore? Just release throttle or press N2O button and your save
4. Lost controll? Press brake no matter if its understeer or oversteer RWD, FWD or AWD, is ABS on? - brake always save
5. Going into any degree turn at any speed no matter such thing as grip, only thing that matters is can your hands turn wheel so fast that you make it? XD
6. Is tyre temps, pressure, wear, fuel load, damages if enabled affecting car handling?
sim: forza horizon 4 on sim mode (one exception brake always saves :/ but you have damages, tyre pressure and tyre wear there and can lost controll if getting wrong technicue into corner ), PCARS, AC,iracing etc dont need to tell, even wreckfest have sim mechanics, cars understeers a lot on dirt and wheels locking under braking and then cars wont turn! If that is not SIMulating reality then i dont know what you want more. The most important is how well game simulates reality? But this you can tell only if you racing in real life, but PCARS definitely was never arcade.

I've been arguing these sort of points with the Anti SMS/PC1+2 brigade here for years....I've come to the conclusion they arn't worth the hassle anymore.

Although I do wish SMS would release some more sim orientated info regrarding PC3...I am worried with what has been revealed so far. I never liked the Shift games and it does seem to be a "shift" back towards that sort of game.

There actually is weather and day/night for AC look up "Sol" in the downloads section, but yeah I agree that it is incomplete besides that
I don't use sol, isn't it just a graphical thing? And it's a mod which requires to buy an aditional program, content manager. So I can't consider it as part of AC (and it came out years later).

Is it not that in AC the "enhanced understeer effect" is on by default? Did you try to set it off?

The issue is that SMS had dozens of classes with a number of very different cars in each. They do not have the time to tune it well.
Indeed, some cars are a blast to drive in Pcars2. SMS should consider to make single series games.
As Kunos did with ACC ; with only GT3s it was a long job and it is still being polished.

If SMS did a remake of GTR2 in the madness engine, with the same 2003/2004 seasons, I'd be fine!
Well, a good old ALMS season from that era would be better though...

Indeed, some cars are a blast to drive in Pcars2. SMS should consider to make single series games.
As Kunos did with ACC ; with only GT3s it was a long job and it is still being polished.

If SMS did a remake of GTR2 in the madness engine, with the same 2003/2004 seasons, I'd be fine!
Well, a good old ALMS season from that era would be better though...

Sorry - no market for this !

But PC 2 is a really good software (Grafics - +++ !)
And some Cars are nice to driver.
This Program have such a lot of cars, logically that the Team cant worked on every Car as long as on Caterham, or Gilette GT4 (if i remember correct).

PC3 is financiell o.k. for the Team (SMS or so), for the Future - i think, because Reiza have and will have a really nice hard Job to make profit (possible that they get success and the program rF2 get offline in the next Years - this Market have hard fights).
Only my opinion - and i disliked this market since ca. 7 Years (steam, no DVDs-Bluerays, buy for every patch, because to get a "Little new material" and so on)
consequently i use older software and save money in Hardware also.

You don't need to buy content manager, there is a free version. And no Sol is not just a graphical mod its a weather engine.
Didn't know you could use it with the free version. Great! When I say graphical is I assume you don't get wet physics from it, AC not including wet tyres. Does the temperature change when the night comes? Not sure Pcars 2 does that though.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 392 16.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 263 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 252 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 184 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 311 13.0%