PC3 Project CARS 3 | Latest Screenshot Previews And Gameplay Mechanic Insights

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Slightly Mad Studios have dropped a few more content teasers from Project CARS 3 in the last few days, revealing some interesting motors set to feature in the new game.
  • New images feature mix of road and race cars.
  • Accolades system revealed
We are well aware that the current feeling amongst the community about Project CARS 3 is rather split at the moment, with some of us interested to see how the proposed new direction of the series pans out, while others are less keen on the potential shift towards a more arcade focus for the franchise.

With Slightly Mad Studios taking the opportunity to drop a few more (rather admittedly pretty) screenshot teasers from the game, we get the chance to have a look at some of the content that will be heading our way on release day, and get a little teaser about some further gameplay features within the title.

Project CARS 3 1.jpg

Alongside the images revealed on Social Media, Slightly Mad Studios included the following informative captions, which gives players some idea of the gameplay mechanics that will form part of the Project CARS 3 experience.
  • Chase that perfect lap, win that one race everyone wants to win, make history for consecutive race wins. Your driver’s journey in #ProjectCARS3 is tracked by the Accolades system, so you have the data to back up your bragging rights. Collect them all!
  • In #ProjectCARS3, you have a wide selection of motorsport and community-inspired liveries and stickers that will guarantee your racing machine stands out on the grid—make your mark!
  • Your garage is your home away from the track. Access the showroom, customise your cars, personalise your drivers, and admire your career achievements.
Project CARS 3 3.jpg

Love it or loathe it, it looks like Project CARS 3 is certainly heading a more 'gameplay' style direction than previous iterations into the franchise, but it remains to be seen if this will suitably detract from the simulation aspects of the title to turn off current fans, or if SMS will be able to tread that fine line between appealing to arcade fans, whilst still satisfying those wishing to engage in a simulation experience.

Only time will tell...

Project CARS 3 will release on Xbox One, PS4 and PC this summer.

Want to discuss this new game with fellow sim racing fans? No worries, head over to the Project CARS 3 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and start up a new thread!

Project CARS 3 2.jpg

I think you quite dont get it.. And sorry to disappoint you but, just turning 37 soon, been playing since around 88 with different systems, and if this track -->
still today is on my playlists in home, car, where ever i go.. So i think you will take some words back.. I was there when the TRUE NFS's came out back in the day's in day 1, and thru 2000's. But NFS has lost its thing a long time a go already, its the bling bling now that matters.. bwoah... In the past, take a mag in your hands, see example a Lamborghini Diablo SV there, then the little boy started to dream.. Only way to live the dream was, to put a disk in the machine, go to the menu where a guy with hes cool voice tells things about your dream car, then you here that music, you listen it time after time after time and you watch the slideshow... Until you go to select a car and road on the countryside, or up to the mountains, and have a go, flatout.. Back then that was so exiting. You, supercar, road and play some cool music. Now bling bling tune s..t out of whatever and have a nitroboost crash pingpangpong in citystreets or something like that..

Blame Underground, Underground 2, and Most Wanted for selling absurdly well (the best ever for the series in terms of copies moved). I was born in 1995 so the Gamecube/PS2/OG Xbox generation was my first, and for all intents and purposes NFS started with Underground for me and my peers. I owned a copy of Hot Pursuit 2, but it would be literally years before I learned that NFS had existed for as long as I had lived.

EA has spent nearly two decades trying to recapture that spark.

Again, for PC3 to steal the simcade market away from Sony and Microsoft....it needs to be 4 times bigger and better than Shift 2. I don't know how many cars/tracks it's going to have but i highly doubt it will have as many as GT or Forza.
In the world of simcade,content and features are KING.
I 100% understand your point and it's a very salient one, I'm just saying that if I was Codemasters/SMS I would try and capitalise on the weaknesses of these behemoths. Dare to challenge the big boys by beating them where they can't fight back and let them provide bloated content that 95% of users won't even use and provide a streamlined quality product that is accessible to all instead. Automobolista 2 has already shown signs that the Madness engine is capable of more.

However, I fear that PC3 will not rise to this challenge, but we can live in hope.

I personally wouldn't have called it pCars 3 because that's a bit confusing to the consumer, and I would have made an effort to retain pitstops/fuel/tire wear, but at the end of the day that's not my call.

Naming it PCars3 is kind of the marketing bullsh*t SMS is known for, and it might backfire, again.

Anyway, as a replacement for GT on PC, or even compete on the console, I don't get the decision about removing pitstops/fuel/tire wear, these are comonents for a decade in GT. I might have had interest in PCars 3 as a GT replacement, especially if they would have included a system like the events in GT, but kind of crippled like that makes the decision easy for me to skip that one.

I think you quite dont get it.. And sorry to disappoint you but, just turning 37 soon, been playing since around 88 with different systems, and if this track -->
still today is on my playlists in home, car, where ever i go.. So i think you will take some words back.. I was there when the TRUE NFS's came out back in the day's in day 1, and thru 2000's. But NFS has lost its thing a long time a go already, its the bling bling now that matters.. bwoah... In the past, take a mag in your hands, see example a Lamborghini Diablo SV there, then the little boy started to dream.. Only way to live the dream was, to put a disk in the machine, go to the menu where a guy with hes cool voice tells things about your dream car, then you here that music, you listen it time after time after time and you watch the slideshow... Until you go to select a car and road on the countryside, or up to the mountains, and have a go, flatout.. Back then that was so exiting. You, supercar, road and play some cool music. Now bling bling tune s..t out of whatever and have a nitroboost crash pingpangpong in citystreets or something like that..
If PC3 is going to survive in the arcade market, it needs one thing: a killer soundtrack. None of that atmospheric nonsense (which is totally fine for the sim games).

If PC3 is going to survive in the arcade market, it needs one thing: a killer soundtrack. None of that atmospheric nonsense (which is totally fine for the sim games).
If PC3 is getting somehow (cannot imagine anyhow a killer sountrack these days) good soundtrack, it's not gonna keep it up for a long time. The game just sucks, it can be seen from videos that they unveiled just by experience. Just open up your wallets arcade racers, they came after you. As they couldn't do well enough when trying to be sim side with 1 and 2. Studio 397 and Kunos are taking care for the sim side, let the Codies and Slightly Madzies do the arcadies.. Actually i think that if both from these two could combine for all their effort together, we could might see quite impressive sim racing platform from 397 and Kunos. And a rally sim from Codies and SM. ACC+RF2 and Dirt Rally+PC (1/2) And mostly for the last two, IF! they would take it seriously..

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 359 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 180 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%