PC3 Project CARS 3 | IndyCar 2019 Hotlap Video

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Slightly Mad Studios have released a new preview video from Project CARS 3 - this time featuring the 2019 Dallara IndyCar on the WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca.

As Slightly Mad Studios continue to build up to release date of Project CARS 3, we get another new video of the upcoming game in action - this time featuring the 2019 Dallara IR-18 IndyCar machine, taking to the most legendary of circuits that is the WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca circuit - one of the most popular and impressive racing venues in the United States.

With release of Project CARS 3 scheduled for release towards the end of next month, Slightly Mad Studios have confirmed they plan on releasing a new gameplay hotlap video from different car and track configurations each week on the build up to release - so expect plenty of interesting content to drop over the coming month and a bit.

Project CARS 3 will release on Xbox One, PS4 and PC this summer.

Want to discuss this new game with fellow sim racing fans? No worries, head over to the Project CARS 3 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and start up a new thread!

pcars 3.jpg

I posted this question earlier. What the devil is "Modifier XP" shown in one of the screens they show in the video?
And why is one person saying this is bad? I never heard of this parameter.

I looked online for what this is, and could not find a mention of it for racing games.
So far I guess NO ONE knows what this is. Or dont care cause they are not getting the game anyway.

I am still open minded about the game, but wont get it at initial pricing. I do this with all games.

take care.

If I had to guess basically you earn experience points by doing certain actions, be it holding a good racing line, overtaking etc. You can then connect these actions and get multiplier for the total experience points you earn for that set of connected actions that unlock something in the game.

It's a progress mechanic, I doubt it's going to earn the player better skills in driving, more likely you will unlock customization stuff, tracks, cars quicker by getting these in race actions connected and the XP multiplied, whilst avoiding bumping, crashing and going off track which I would assume kills the XP points in that set of actions.

• Deleted member 963434

i dont know why so many dislikes in video they just published, maybe cause pits? But now, unlike previous two gameplays they published. Now we have some good content. So i wanted, cause now i could compare this gameplay, i compared it to real life, and also to iracing and AC. what i saw, oh boi just saw it yo self, videos below
But see how PC3 wheel movement looks almost exactly like in real life (it cant be 100% just due to tyres used, temps, air humidity in real life at that time, engine condition etc and all thing sim cant imitate 100% at this time) but just look, you can tell its almost the same thing in PC3 and Real life,
Then look at iracing and AC, both look so static, like wheels so dull and yo driving just by memory (oh this turn i must make 167 degree right , next turn will be 49 degree left, after that i turn 86 degree right again) so static. and tey say its most realistic sims ever?? ha also notice in AC how tey need to wider fov for speed to match both iracing and real life, they got like same fov in pc3, ir and real life, but AC must be widened for sense of speed to match the rest. just look yoself and compare, wheel movement, thats what i want from sim, thats how tey ride in real life, not so static like in AC

i dont know why so many dislikes in video they just published, maybe cause pits? But now, unlike previous two gameplays they published. Now we have some good content. So i wanted, cause now i could compare this gameplay, i compared it to real life, and also to iracing and AC. what i saw, oh boi just saw it yo self, videos below
But see how PC3 wheel movement looks almost exactly like in real life (it cant be 100% just due to tyres used, temps, air humidity in real life at that time, engine condition etc and all thing sim cant imitate 100% at this time) but just look, you can tell its almost the same thing in PC3 and Real life,
Then look at iracing and AC, both look so static, like wheels so dull and yo driving just by memory (oh this turn i must make 167 degree right , next turn will be 49 degree left, after that i turn 86 degree right again) so static. and tey say its most realistic sims ever?? ha also notice in AC how tey need to wider fov for speed to match both iracing and real life, they got like same fov in pc3, ir and real life, but AC must be widened for sense of speed to match the rest. just look yoself and compare, wheel movement, thats what i want from sim, thats how tey ride in real life, not so static like in AC

Be careful on what you say, the haters will swarm and cancel you for praising Pcars.

Honestly, they picked some of the worst time and worst track to showcase the game. AMS2 looks pretty good but it is hard to see a lot of minor improvements in Pcars 3 or AMS2 without playing it. Also, it is generally pretty bland on a clear sky at noon for all games.

If they show a car hotlap in rain at dynamic weather on a new track or at least a track that is added at Pcars 2 because they improved the track development procedure in Pcars 2. It would be much better for me as Laguna Seca is really old now and it was made in pcars 1. If it is up to me, I would pick Daytona with dynamic weather from clear to rain or something.

WOW, the amount of people simping for this game!

If you gonna compare, at least use the same camera views:

• Deleted member 963434

WOW, the amount of people simping for this game!

If you gonna compare, at least use the same camera views:
camera view doesnt matter, i made ma post bout wheel movement, still in iracing and AC it looks so fluently, and in real life and PC3 its a lot of wobbling the wheel. i wish they never remove pits etc, and copy paste ffb from AMS 2 into PC3 there be best sim to come out this year. now no pits it makes me bad to buy tis game. im mostly afraid how touristenfahren servers would look like, if yo got no pits yo will spawn on track, will there be 10 hours qual to everyone just riding them fav cars as it is like in pC2 now?

As soon as you see the "XP Modifier" appear in the settings, you start feeling sad that they've taken it down this route. Disappointing we lost all the "sim detail" they put into PC/PC2.

Imagine how the much bigger fan base of the 2 Shift games felt when SMS decided to go sim... And it is already 9 years since Shift 2 so i´m more than happy that SMS will finally give me my "Shift 3" with proper physics...

If i and all the other Shift games fans can wait 9 years without crying every day that the new game from SMS is not made for them the sim fans can do that too and wait what SMS has to offer for Next Gen because a "TRUE" Pcars3 would just be a Pcars2.25 with current gen limitations so it makes zero sense.

Btw: I own both Pcars game and I'm a WMD member too

• Deleted member 963434

Imagine how the much bigger fan base of the 2 Shift games felt when SMS decided to go sim... And it is already 9 years since Shift 2 so i´m more than happy that SMS will finally give me my "Shift 3" with proper physics...

If i and all the other Shift games fans can wait 9 years without crying every day that the new game from SMS is not made for them the sim fans can do that too and wait what SMS has to offer for Next Gen because a "TRUE" Pcars3 would just be a Pcars2.25 with current gen limitations so it makes zero sense.

They be just add more content, copy -paste ffb from AMS2 to pc3 and we got great succesor. No tyres and fuel was already in pc2 it was option in menu. Why tey removed it completely....

They should rename it "Serious Simracer Butthurt S(t)imulator".

So many game modes:

. No Pit Lane = BUTTHURT!
. No Fuel = BUTTHURT!
. Arcady things on the UI = BUTTHURT!
. Tires not seriously tirey enough = BUTTHURT!
. It's just AMS2.5 = BUTTHURT!
. FFB not realistic enough = BUTTHURT!
. Not on EGS = BUTTHURT!
. [insert game] is realer and much betterer = BUTTHURT!
. Ian Bell = BUTTHURT!
. Codemasters = BUTTHURT!
. Ian Bell + Codemasters = BUTTHURT SQUARED
. Ian Bell + Project Cars Kickstarter promised [insert here] + Codemasters = BUTTHURT ** 1000
. My self-worth is tied to another game & I hates it [whispered in a gollum voice]= BUTTHURT!
. OMG the PC3 FIZZIKS is not real enuff - not like [insert favorite game here] = BUTTHURT!
. Madness Engine = BUTTHURT!
. [insert here] = BUTTHURT!

Not on EGS???

That is actually a good thing in my book. I might have to buy it just because of that.

I'm dead serious.

Replied before I fully read your post...

Good one.

Buncha grown-ass men crying in these PC3 threads, it's actually pathetic. Get over your damn selves at this point, at some point you just have to deal with it and be gone.

For a buncha people who did nothing but call the first PCars games arcade trash, you sure are mad as hell that PC3 is...what you were calling PC1 and PC2 for years? Why are you people so damn butthurt that PC3 is more arcade? You've been calling the entire goddamn series arcade trash from the start!

It will be interesting to see if those who bought Shift all those years ago are still looking for a sequel and whether they will associate the brand Project Cars with such a sequel. Re-boots can be tricky even when you still can use the original branding as Codies have discovered with the recent sales disaster GRID.

I do take your point about PC2.25. I was convinced PC3 would be a next gen title. However I've recently spent £90 on AMS2 which in some senses is PC2.25 but with different cars and tracks. By the time I've bought the British track pack for ACC I will have spent £45 on 11 cars and 8 tracks. I could easily spend £45 to get a few new cars and tracks for rF2.

So now I'm thinking that even if PC3 was effectively a dlc for PC2, it would still be good value as I suspect for the £45 PC3 will cost me I will get a lot more new cars and tracks than I've just bought for ACC for the same price In addition the matchmaking multiplayer feature could really transform the game for me as I'm mainly race against the AI but would switch to online if the matchmaking was good. If they really have made the FFB more consistent, improved the default setups, and hopefully fixed the cut track system then these would all be bonuses too.

So I would be happy to buy a PC2.25.

I don't want to criticize or praise either, but you can be jerky with the wheel in all sims, and I guess you can be smooth in PC3 - it's down to driving style, etc. Just look at Stroll's style in F1. Let's give our conclusions after we play it, not based on videos. I am still open about PC3, I am not going to pre-order it for sure but if the driving experience will be praised by the community, it will end up on my PC eventually.

• Deleted member 963434

I don't want to criticize or praise either, but you can be jerky with the wheel in all sims, and I guess you can be smooth in PC3 - it's down to driving style, etc. Just look at Stroll's style in F1. Let's give our conclusions after we play it, not based on videos. I am still open about PC3, I am not going to pre-order it for sure but if the driving experience will be praised by the community, it will end up on my PC eventually.
no cause if yo go jerky wit wheel in iR yo gone. as pro drivers say its harder than real life, watch video below
yo must always drive so precise, like remember which wheel degree at which corner, yo turn wheel too far yo gone, yo got small window to catch slide like 0,00453 sec and 1-2 cm wheel turn to match it to catch a slide, guy said it they have so wide window to catch slide, in iR its small window once yo miss it yo gone.
Nicki Thiim said yo want be best in iR yo must drive like a girl

no cause if yo go jerky wit wheel in iR yo gone. as pro drivers say its harder than real life, watch video below
yo must always drive so precise, like remember which wheel degree at which corner, yo turn wheel too far yo gone, yo got small window to catch slide like 0,00453 sec and 1-2 cm wheel turn to match it to catch a slide, guy said it they have so wide window to catch slide, in iR its small window once yo miss it yo gone.
Nicki Thiim said yo want be best in iR yo must drive like a girl
What "no"? I am not even talking about iRacing. I haven't played iRacing for a long long time so I can't even comment on it. I was talking in general. You could do a video in all sims with jerky steering movement. The laps would probably not be optimal, just like the laps showed in PC3 or IRL in the video you posted were not optimal. We will see how PC3 drives when it comes out, let's keep an open mind and have realistic expectations, that's all I want to say.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 105 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 407 40.1%