PC3 Project CARS 3 | IndyCar 2019 Hotlap Video

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Slightly Mad Studios have released a new preview video from Project CARS 3 - this time featuring the 2019 Dallara IndyCar on the WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca.

As Slightly Mad Studios continue to build up to release date of Project CARS 3, we get another new video of the upcoming game in action - this time featuring the 2019 Dallara IR-18 IndyCar machine, taking to the most legendary of circuits that is the WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca circuit - one of the most popular and impressive racing venues in the United States.

With release of Project CARS 3 scheduled for release towards the end of next month, Slightly Mad Studios have confirmed they plan on releasing a new gameplay hotlap video from different car and track configurations each week on the build up to release - so expect plenty of interesting content to drop over the coming month and a bit.

Project CARS 3 will release on Xbox One, PS4 and PC this summer.

Want to discuss this new game with fellow sim racing fans? No worries, head over to the Project CARS 3 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and start up a new thread!

pcars 3.jpg

Yeah I agree wonder myself with @MirNet comment. Where is the STEAM page for the PC version of Project Cars 3?
Nothing listed yet.

Since there are no pits, I still have no mention of how many laps maximum we can do on each track in PC3? Are they keeping this a hidden secret?
Is it 3 laps, 10 laps, more? GRID only had 10 laps. I guess we wont know until August 28th. Who cares about the videos, tell us the complete
gameplay.

Last edited:
It's alright if some people who like sim racing also have fun with arcade games, of course, but in this forum most people are sim racers - if I got
this right - so for sim racers this product is a dissapointment because
the developers were advertising this as a simulator since a long time
ago - perhaps lately not so much - but most people were not expecting
this level of arcade characteristics like the non existance of pit stops and the like...

Yes I remember when they were claiming to get "serious" with PC3, with a reference of falling short with PC2. It seems that idea was scrapped.

Why did PC2 look better than this? Am i blind or what? If it's supposed to be clear arcade game then they should at least improve the graphics...

Most likely a quick cash money grab, like so many developers are doing these days. Not really new or surprising. The type of (very) casual audience it will attract doesn't really care or notice eye candy in that sort of detail.

Yes I remember when they were claiming to get "serious" with PC3, with a reference of falling short with PC2. It seems that idea was scrapped.
You remember? Well i guess your memory isn't very good because they never said such a thing. Right from the start they said PC3 was going to take a step back from simulation and towards it's roots, Shift. The "falling short" thing obviously meant that they tried making PC2 a jack of all trades simulator but they failed because not ONE sim racer liked it.

"Bell admits that Slightly Mad Studios had bitten off “more than we can properly chew” with Project CARS 2 and they are now looking to shift (pardon the pun) the centre of attention back to a more focused and fun experience."

If this to you means that PC3 would be even more "serious" than PC2 then i don't know man.....something isn't working right up there, or you don't know what SHIFT is.

Last edited:
This latest video makes me wanna drive more with GTR2, as Rendelius said "I have great sims for racing now". Must take back some of my previous words, I don't wanna this one anymore.

Btw, GTR2 works great with Win 10, just tested resolution 1920 x 1080 32bit with my 24" display, it's perfect. Driven few laps with my superfast 4wd 1000 bhp BMW 2002 TII, I think I will start working with GTR2 mods again as so bored for these new games and updates for RaceRoom etc.

GTR2 offer me possibility to modify cars and race tracks just the way I want. And noticed that this current simracing "future" looks so stupid for me, those companies do not invent anything new. Simbin already did everything we needed long time ago, only graphics engine could be better...okay rFactor 2 is little bit better than GTR2 but GTR2 was first...

Okay, GTR2, Laser scanned tracks and better graphics, that's the perfect sim. Race 07 / GTR Evolution was much like GTR 2 so for me it is the "same". It's based on the "same" game engine etc.

So it seems that old is better because I already own it, yes GTR2 and Race07/ GTR Evolution was sold on the DVD so I own both, no more cost, thousands of mods available for free!!!! And no more stupid updates, both are made for use not for updating every week...

Long living Simbin GTR2!!!! My choise.

GTR2 was great back in the day, is still fun now, but for simulation I prefer physics generated effects rather than 'canned' ones. I also prefer laser scanned tracks along with high resolution models, textures, and skins.

Anyways, back on topic, pcars3 will be a 'no buy' from me. Already have Forza 7 and Forza Horizon, don't see where this title brings anything original to the sim-cade genre.

Slightly Mad Studios have released a new preview video from Project CARS 3 - this time featuring the 2019 Dallara IndyCar on the WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca.

As Slightly Mad Studios continue to build up to release date of Project CARS 3, we get another new video of the upcoming game in action - this time featuring the 2019 Dallara IR-18 IndyCar machine, taking to the most legendary of circuits that is the WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca circuit - one of the most popular and impressive racing venues in the United States.

With release of Project CARS 3 scheduled for release towards the end of next month, Slightly Mad Studios have confirmed they plan on releasing a new gameplay hotlap video from different car and track configurations each week on the build up to release - so expect plenty of interesting content to drop over the coming month and a bit.

Want to discuss this new game with fellow sim racing fans? No worries, head over to the Project CARS 3 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and start up a new thread!

View attachment 389645

View attachment 389645
OMG thats sorry is it just me or i that the sound files from SIMSBEN in 2007?!? i expected much, much more from the likes of CODEMASTERS and SlightlyMad, this if JUNK!!! we won't waste our money

As soon as you see the "XP Modifier" appear in the settings, you start feeling sad that they've taken it down this route. Disappointing we lost all the "sim detail" they put into PC/PC2. Wish them luck, but I'm not tempted to buy this new one at all.

Hi to the group here, Can someone explain what this XP Modifier does? And why this is bad?
I just never have seen this before or I have never looked for it.

thank you

This was not impressive on any level. The track details looked pretty bad, the camera appeared to have an arcade game's FOV, too much screen shake, and horrendous driving. Slightly Mad isn't doing this game any favors with the reveals, so far. They could have had some catchy BGM at least. it's like they are even failing to deliver a proper simcade racer.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back