PC3 Project cars 3 I played it and heres what i think..

Well I have been giving this a go for a day now. And I want to like it ,I really do but.......Slighty mad are making it very hard for me.

The graphics whilst ok are just that, even when everything is on highest level.. so no reward there then!
The Car's are mostly from PC2 and just lifted across with 1 or 2 extras??

Sounds ..well to be honest I was VERY shocked at how bad the cars sound, for a game in this day and age they are terrible!!

AI....mmm on one track you can beat them so easily, i had to check my settings ,yet on another, no matter what I did i could not get near them???

Tracks..All seem to be OK but nothing again stands out..

so are there any good points??? well maybe yes, but really depends on your level of skill, most average sim racers will find little if any joy in this game, but newbies will have fun with it and may even learn a few things, by that I mean the Brake, turn in and exit points on corners ( in assist mode) really would help starters getting to grip with taking corners....but not sure if braking points would transfer to other titles.

In conclusion then I think a fair game for those new to racing and not that serious about it yet, older hands will be bored quickly and to be honest there is not much to make me want to rush back and play it..

So my advice would be DONT buy at full price ...it really is not worth it. Anyway will be in the bargin bin soon.

• Deleted member 963434

i bought pre order an its at 30% downloaded but now i think just cancel it and refund.
Jimmer said ffb is worse than in pCARS2 like tey only made it for gamepads. but i i dont trust nobody i must check myself. but then i saw tis footage

electric car from p32 to p3 at first straight, and he took GT3 cars, GTE cars and yo can see F1 car there. btw why tey all racing together? i saw there are no classed like GT3, GTE, F1 anymore, it just performance rating. so no GT3 only driving, F1 only drivin anymore xD i was so hyped at tis game like tey just leave all from pCARS2 just improve ffb and Jimmer said tey even worsened ffb.... im so disappointed, even fov settings i cant find any info it looks like tey removed fov setting, thats a no go for me, biggest no go
i think i refund an put all money i had for pc3 into ams2 as it is truly successor to tis game, tey just killed pCARS, i mean codemasters killed it. i told it like half year ago codies was scared of sms cause wit its mad engine tey could make best sim ever, others devs like acc and gtr3 makin them games at unreal engine made for fps games, but mad engine was just pure racing engine, and tey ruined its potential, maybe reiza make best sim of it some day. but i think codemaster was afraid of sms so tey bought it to destroy pcars, its last sms game, an yo saw it fast and furious?? big WTF? i think if tey make DRIVER game? there was long any driver game, if teyd make DRIVER at mad engine with pCARS2 physics and better damage model it would be very success. as DRIVER games i remember on PSX had much better damage model than all pCARS games
btw Bell once said EA tried to destroy them when making SHIFT 3 , i cant believe he then let codemasters destroy them. or he just wanted make shift 3 all tis years? then why not name pcars3 shift3? cause less money then, they got me wit tis title, tey fool me

Dario, please use some punctuation !

I stupidly bought the Deluxe version, I wish I hadn't.
This is NOT Project CARS 3.

It's Project CARS 2 LITE.

Don't bother spending your hard earned money on it, unless you're new to racing games and like using a controller.
It's a drastically different iteration of the previous games, and I wish I had thought more about that before purchasing because it's definitely not the sort of game for me.
Back to AC/PC2.

Dario, please use some punctuation !

I stupidly bought the Deluxe version, I wish I hadn't.
This is NOT Project CARS 3.

It's Project CARS 2 LITE.

Don't bother spending your hard earned money on it, unless you're new to racing games and like using a controller.
It's a drastically different iteration of the previous games, and I wish I had thought more about that before purchasing because it's definitely not the sort of game for me.
Back to AC/PC2.

Give him a break......Guessing English is not his first language.

Thanks, guys for the feedback.
I thought this would be a fun open-world title and was still up for buying this...(only because of VR). It looks like the strategy is to recycle Pcars 2 but make it arcade but it looks like they might have failed on making an arcade title and losing their old fan base at the same time...LOL 200% Better.

1598445333452.png

The combination of SMS and Codemasters is "just grab the money and run"...They might just make a whole load of cash from teenagers...

Last edited:
I installed it Monday night. Pro: it recognized my Accuforce wheel and Fanatec pedals. Cons; pretty much everything else. FFB is terrible. Steering lock doesn't autolock to the cars. Physics seem to be arcade at best. It wouldn't let me edit the fields to configure my triples.

Uninstalled and requested refund within 40 minutes. It's not even as good as Grid or Forza Horizon.

After watching some videos, PC3 looks so bad. However, maybe it just isn't my type of game. I don't mind some arcade racers (liked Forza Horizon 3/4, and Motorsport 7), but it looks like this game may miss the mark on both the sim and arcade side.

It makes me even more glad that I purchased Automobilista 2. That sim is fantastic, and is currently $30 on Steam (at least it was yesterday :)).

• Deleted member 963434

i just aborted downloading an refund it, tey tried to fool me, my eyes pain from watchin footage i posted above, electric car take from p32 to p3 an hes racin wit gt3 and f1 cars an he took them like why greatest motorosport is f1 not just electric road cars? seriously wtf is this? i cant watch it.. im so disguisted i cannot even redownload pCARS2 again, so disguisted at what i saw

• Deleted member 963434

tis game so expensive, in my country deluxe edition it cost 370 pln and average person makes 1600 pln month. for 370 pln tey refund me i bought ams2 season pass for 320 pln and now i have new content for 2020-2021 in sim yo not always start last then spend xp points on upgrades to win at first turn LOL
and spend 30 000 xp point for upgrades for yo miata to pass f1 2020 car on first straight, thats all about it game is, gain xp to make yo car faster to win at turn 1 cause no qualy yo always start last

I'm ashamed to say i bought the game through cdkeys.com. :redface:

So no refunds:(

Besides all of the above the game really looks bad compared to FH4, F1 2020 and even Pcars 2. There's a certain low resolution rendering in the distance.

The game looks like it's optimised and ported from a console game.

Op top of that the game is very very GPU intensive, even with my 2080Ti i can not run it at the settings i want to get a good visual experience. This applies to the performance in VR and on the monitor.

Stay away from this one guys.......

I purchased Project Cars 3 knowing what I was getting into and having driven around some tracks with a small selection of cars and also having done some screen shots already :confused::rolleyes::roflmao: the FFB is ok once I dialed in my TSXW...in fact the FFB in PC3 feels like a very, very early version of FFB testing that Reiza had in AMS2 :confused:...I have no regrets in purchasing PC3 as it is giving me personally what I want out of it so far :thumbsup:...having said that, the AI are not so good and do need improving :(:cry:....which I am sure will be 'patched / fixed' at a later date.

On another note, the direction that Slightly Mad / Codemasters went with the Project Cars 'Madness Engine' franchise, for me personally at least, was the right direction, for the way I see it Reiza's 'Automobilista 2' uses the Madness Engine as well so it would be a conflict of interest that Mr Bell would let Reiza use / license / purchase or whatever agreement they had amongst themselves to have 2 versions of the awesome Madness Engine out there, which may have hurt Reiza's chance.

Personally I see that I am getting 2 versions of the Madness Engine...one 'arcade'ish' game which is now Project Cars 3 and one awesometacular Sim version of the Madness Engine which will be Reiza's 'Automobilista 2'...covering both sides of the possible target market. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
...just my 2 cents ;):)

As a counterpart to serious sims i always wanted to have a arcade-gamepad racer with a serious Theme which i can play when its to late and a i am too tired for my wheel.

Therefore i play forza h4 but it’s too „childish“ and it has no goal.
I tried GRID - it’s a disaster even with pad.
Dort rally2 is nice with Pad but long Term boring and also without a real goal.
Forza M7 was a good Game for me but i didnt finish it because of the ridiculous endurance races.

So the question is - is Project Cars3 THE arcade Game i am looking for ??

Well the problem is all reviews are with wheels and compares this game with other „true sims“ which is kind of logic but senseless to me.

How good is the game compared to other simcades or arcades

Is the gamepad driving something like Forza Motorsport or dirt Rallye 2 which i like or is it even more arcade?

Well the problem is all reviews are with wheels and compares this game with other „true sims“ which is kind of logic but senseless to me.

How good is the game compared to other simcades or arcades

Is the gamepad driving something like Forza Motorsport or dirt Rallye 2 which i like or is it even more arcade?
This You Tube Review from Billy Strange is very good...personal opinion of course.

I loved ProjectCars when it came out. ProjectCars 2 was not as big a step forward as I'd hoped, but having spent a few hours on ProjectCars 3 I think it should not be called ProjectCars at all - if you're going to produce a game so different, call it something different. My journey with ProjectCars feels like I've been heading north on the M1, only to end up in Southampton (no disrespect to Southampton, it's just not where I thought we were going!)

i just aborted downloading an refund it, tey tried to fool me, my eyes pain from watchin footage i posted above, electric car take from p32 to p3 an hes racin wit gt3 and f1 cars an he took them like why greatest motorosport is f1 not just electric road cars? seriously wtf is this? i cant watch it.. im so disguisted i cannot even redownload pCARS2 again, so disguisted at what i saw
I'm confused, what exactly is your problem with the game? That a hypercar, which is faster and has a much quicker acceleration than a GT3 car in real life, is also faster and quicker in the game? That the game lets you race against different classes of cars? One would assume that those are both good things.
Give him a break......Guessing English is not his first language.
How condescending of you. Polish has punctuation as well, you know?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 316 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 447 39.2%