PC3 Project CARS 3 | Customisation To Feature Heavily In New Title

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
SMS have continued to tease nuggets of information about the upcoming PCARS 3 release, and the latest peek at the title suggests a heavy lean towards car customisation within the game.

Having revealed a little more information on social media, Slightly Mad Studios have recently confirmed both road and race car content within Project CARS 3 will benefit from the ability of the user to customise items such as performance parts, potentially following along the lines of such games as the Gran Turismo and Forza Motorsport style franchises.

These should allow players an interesting opportunity to add another aspect of gameplay to their racing experience - and one I'm curious to find out how it pans out when the game is released later this year.

On the topic of customisation, Slightly Mad Studios have also confirmed the new title will not feature in-game micro transactions. When looking to update your car, the player will have to rely on credits earned for performances within the title, rather than adding real world money in exchange for performance parts - which is good news indeed!

Original Source: SMS Facebook

Project CARS 3 will release on Xbox One, PS4 and PC this summer.

Want to discuss this new game with fellow sim racing fans? No worries, head over to the Project CARS 3 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and start up a new thread!

PCARS 3.jpg

Last edited:
Every single time people talk about a game that is leaning less and less towards simulation, people pull the fun card.... guess what, i have loads more fun when stuff is properly simulated :) , its incredible how SMS manages to con people every time they are about to launch a new title !! Only for people to find out 7 or 8 patches later that they are stuck with a turd full of bugs ....

Every single time people talk about a game that is leaning less and less towards simulation, people pull the fun card.... guess what, i have loads more fun when stuff is properly simulated :) , its incredible how SMS manages to con people every time they are about to launch a new title !! Only for people to find out 7 or 8 patches later that they are stuck with a turd full of bugs ....
Bought the first one, early beta tester for the second. With the release of the third and not even considering it I feel like it's a personal victory.:roflmao::(:mad::redface: Wait I'm still out $70

There's a very definite limit to how much of a real simulator anybody can make.
FFB via your wheel is NEVER going to make a simulator.
Given that 99% of us have never even touched a race car means we don't even know what a sim really should feel like!

So I looked at where I actually spend my time: Assetto Corsa 1110 hours, PC2 733 hours and Ride 3 659 hours.

So yes, bring it on. I'll buy PC3 and probably thoroughly enjoy it!

I fore one really enjoyed the upgrading part in my Forza days and is what drew me to that title.
As for PC3....until SMS change there development ways I have no interest.

Asides from money and a change of direction, there was really no need for PC3 atm ....Reiza has shown the cars handling and AI can be improved which was all that needed to be improved in PC2 to make it a quality title....an audio upgrade would be nice too.

I now own 3 unfinished madness engines in my library.
PC1 & 2 all the bells and whistles with bad physics and AI.
AMS2 with good physics and decent AI but with a ton of bugs and needs alot of polishing.
Tho I have more faith in Reiza that I will finally get the most out of this engine without buying several more titles.

Last edited:
This really is the selling point for me...Austin's video has already convinced me of the physics, but being able to actually modify your cars in a game more realistic than GT or Forza is something I've wanted a lot over the years. Far more interesting than PC2 just being another sim when AMS and others already did that better.

PS: You all know that car modding is a thing people do in real life, right? You can race your boring GT3's on Spa in like 12 other sims, lmfao

Is it still on for July? I like the new approach from SMS, trying something different. The VR is probably going to be spectacular, lots of content, some type of modifications for those who are into it. This could be the evolution of what GT could have become if It was not forever stuck to Sony’s console.
we are fortunate Ian Bell is willing to offer something different, software is never the big part of what we spend on Racing Games, the more the merrier.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 354 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 496 39.1%