PC2 Project CARS 2 Updated

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 Updated 4.jpg

Project CARS 2 has received another new update and features fixes aimed at addressing some of the more obvious issues that have arisen since game launch earlier this month.

Build 1.1.3 isn't dramatic in size, however what it does do is address some important issues that have arisen with the new title since launching on PC this September 22nd. The new build update is only currently available to PC versions of the game, as the often reported authorisation process for console platforms has caused the usual expected delays. Never fear however, both Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions of the game will be receiving the update treatment in the coming weeks.

One of the more prominent changes to the game includes what the developers describe as a "first pass" at addressing the current AI laptime bug when simulating qualification sessions, an issue that causes in game AI to achieve impossible laptimes if a player chooses to skip track running to the end of the session. With this part of the update only being a first pass, the issue may not be completely eradicated and could require additional development time if the bug continues to manifest itself again in future weeks.

Other highlights include some tweaks to the game AI and various miscellaneous fixes.

You can check out the update changelog below:

AI:
  • Various AI cornering and race line improvements across problematic tracks
  • Improvements to AI balancing in snow and rain conditions
  • First pass at improving simulated laptimes when skipping a non-race session
Setups:
  • Fix for the long delay when entering setup screen
Car Tyres:
  • Fix to ensure that the tyre treads are shown correctly after multiple tyre swaps
Other:
  • Fixed crash when using large Super Sampling values
  • Fix for an intermittent crash caused by missing animated meshes
  • Fix for lobby browsing and filtering that was preventing some users from joining MP games

Project CARS 2 is available for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 now.

Project CARS 2 Updated 2.jpg
Project CARS 2 Updated 3.jpg
Project CARS 2 Updated.jpg

To take your Project CARS 2 experience to the next level, head over to our RaceDepartment Project CARS 2 sub forum and check out the community discussion. We have a place to download the latest Project CARS 2 mods, a brand new Racing Club. Head over, get involved and become part of the community today!

How are you finding Project CARS 2 so far? Has the new patch addressed the problems on your build of the game? Are you happy with the post release support for the game? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Career mode AI is so unbalenced, one thing is unbalanced track by track, like in GT4 I used 110% AI strenght on Red Bull Ring and then for next race att Silverstone I had to go down to 70%. But the main problem is the dry vs wet unbalanced. Like Red Bull Ring, qualify was dry and I came 4th then the race with same AI settings it was raining and I won the 15minute race on the short layout so like 15laps with 35sec to 2nd and lapped half the field, and AI ignoring blue flags is only reason why won with ''only'' 35sec.

And I mean... career mode uses scripted weather so how hard can it be to test the weather before release?...

Last edited:
Weird isn't it... appears the same sort of issues as the previous game.. I haven't tried project cars 2,nor do I have a desire to,but I know what issues I suffered with the first game.an why I uninstalled it from my steam account. Just surprised people expected different from project cars 2? Biased reviews an glossy screen shots are not a genuine representation of the game. Now people have their hands on it... I think we are getting our first honest reviews,if only with the list of hot fix patches an promises of more to come. Apparently project cars 3 is now open for crowd funding....

Career mode AI is so unbalenced, one thing is unbalanced track by track, like in GT4 I used 110% AI strenght on Red Bull Ring and then for next race att Silverstone I had to go down to 70%. But the main problem is the dry vs wet unbalanced. Like Red Bull Ring, qualify was dry and I came 4th then the race with same AI settings it was raining and I won the 15minute race on the short layout so like 15laps with 35sec to 2nd and lapped half the field, and AI ignoring blue flags is only reason why won with ''only'' 35sec.
Yeah I'm loving the new career mode structure so far, but currently you do need to enter an event, check out the pace the AI can set in that event, exit and adjust the difficulty accordingly and then only give it a serious go... Quite a cumbersome process so I hope this evenings patch balances it out a bit already.

Says 'problematic tracks' in the notes though, so I suppose those will only be the problematic spots people were most vocal about since launch?

I was one of those PCars 1 haters and my initial thoughts for PCars 2 is I wanted it to fail because of the fiasco of the first installment, but I'm pleasantly suprised, last night and tonight I've enjoyed a nice hour of zoning out both ai and online.

What I like is the car setups for the PC version are setup to be competitive, this game really is a lot of fun.

You just have to take the merits of each game in your library, PCars 1 got deleted a long time ago, I foresee this one being there and used until it's replacement it is genuinely is that good and if you're a sim racer would be mad to discount it for a few initial bugs.

At least you are able to adjust the AI between races. I'm doing a WTCC season in RRRE and I can walk away with one race, then be nowhere the next. And I don't have any recourse. The adaptive AI takes too long to train so I can't do that. All in all, the career mode has been fun. I have a bigger issue with the harsh track limits. I understand the white line's the limit, but its hard to re-train the brain from sims with no limits/checks. But really, I just play it for the glossy pictures. Makes my eyes feel funny in their pants!

At least you are able to adjust the AI between races. I'm doing a WTCC season in RRRE and I can walk away with one race, then be nowhere the next. And I don't have any recourse. The adaptive AI takes too long to train so I can't do that. All in all, the career mode has been fun. I have a bigger issue with the harsh track limits. I understand the white line's the limit, but its hard to re-train the brain from sims with no limits/checks. But really, I just play it for the glossy pictures. Makes my eyes feel funny in their pants!
Man, in R3E, I swear I would spend a good couple hours tweaking my setups and watching real life telemetry data and hotlaps to get in the fastest laps in DTM championship. The AI seem a bit touchy on some tracks, but blazing fast on others.

Also I know what you mean, it depends on the course though, I know overall the game stays pretty true to real life track limits. Like at the Nürburgring when you come out of turn 4, it lets you almost cut the apex and take nearly the entire car off the track on the outside without serving a warning, just like reality.

The first instalment paid me back quite nicely, for being part of the WMD and has effectively paid for PCARS and PCARS2, lol.
So you was part of the Crowd Funding, that funded PC1, took all your money, and then went and got a publisher, who then helped with more funding, and didn't fix PC1.

And then you paid in to PC2, although they was connected to a publisher, which helps funds new games,and they asked for 7mil, and only put up 220,000 them selves......:O_o: Now I am not Accountant, but that screams alarms at me

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back