PC2 Project CARS 2 Updated

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 Updated 4.jpg

Project CARS 2 has received another new update and features fixes aimed at addressing some of the more obvious issues that have arisen since game launch earlier this month.

Build 1.1.3 isn't dramatic in size, however what it does do is address some important issues that have arisen with the new title since launching on PC this September 22nd. The new build update is only currently available to PC versions of the game, as the often reported authorisation process for console platforms has caused the usual expected delays. Never fear however, both Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions of the game will be receiving the update treatment in the coming weeks.

One of the more prominent changes to the game includes what the developers describe as a "first pass" at addressing the current AI laptime bug when simulating qualification sessions, an issue that causes in game AI to achieve impossible laptimes if a player chooses to skip track running to the end of the session. With this part of the update only being a first pass, the issue may not be completely eradicated and could require additional development time if the bug continues to manifest itself again in future weeks.

Other highlights include some tweaks to the game AI and various miscellaneous fixes.

You can check out the update changelog below:

AI:
  • Various AI cornering and race line improvements across problematic tracks
  • Improvements to AI balancing in snow and rain conditions
  • First pass at improving simulated laptimes when skipping a non-race session
Setups:
  • Fix for the long delay when entering setup screen
Car Tyres:
  • Fix to ensure that the tyre treads are shown correctly after multiple tyre swaps
Other:
  • Fixed crash when using large Super Sampling values
  • Fix for an intermittent crash caused by missing animated meshes
  • Fix for lobby browsing and filtering that was preventing some users from joining MP games

Project CARS 2 is available for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 now.

Project CARS 2 Updated 2.jpg
Project CARS 2 Updated 3.jpg
Project CARS 2 Updated.jpg

To take your Project CARS 2 experience to the next level, head over to our RaceDepartment Project CARS 2 sub forum and check out the community discussion. We have a place to download the latest Project CARS 2 mods, a brand new Racing Club. Head over, get involved and become part of the community today!

How are you finding Project CARS 2 so far? Has the new patch addressed the problems on your build of the game? Are you happy with the post release support for the game? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Well if they would now fix the damn serverbrowser with the that stupid 50 games limit and added a way to search for a game based on name, that would be great.

We did vent our grievances to the one SMS guy at Gamermuscles Livestream. ;)

On the other hand an update (that is way more than a hotfix) for R3E and this patch for PCars.....a good day.

And I can only say the driving itself is so much better than in Pcars.

Have you played it?
Nope, why would I waste my £££ where very good friends of mine have purchased it, hoping like me, it was going to be, as Ian Bell said in a thread on here, "EPIC" but they have ALL told me, don't bother.

I would of purchased it, but I know it takes longer than 2hrs to get it feeling anything like real, which is the Refund cut of point.

Again, these friends of mine, we all have the same mind set, we are all grown up, no fan boys and we all hoped....

Well if you want good FFB Feel get jack's files and then apply these settings to the FFB.

(yeah the video is in german but the settings should be appearant, use them and then set a key to adjust FFB volume only.....you have to adjust it per car sadly, as there are no idividual FFB files anymore.)

That should get you a good FFB in less than an hour, save this for the next sale if you want to try by then.

Run those settings on my G27 with the alt comp high file from Jack....because that works best with that "crappy consumer wheel" that the G27 is! ;)

Then why the **** are you in a thread discussing a patch for a game you have no intention of playing? Have you got **** all better to do? You probably need to grow up a little and go and do something positive with your time.
Excuse me...freedom of speech? and there is no need for that sort of language. I didn't say I have no intention of playing, I just said, it wasn't for me , and I will wait, as I said to @Wolf_XII thank you for his suggestions.

Well if they would now fix the damn serverbrowser with the that stupid 50 games limit and added a way to search for a game based on name, that would be great.
The 50 server limitation is a good thing I think personally, because all the servers it shows are good connection rate (Green) servers, rather than it showing servers with Orange or Red connection rate, which indicate average to poor connections.

I'm confident in saying that this is the most immersive sim racing game I have ever played. People forget that compared to other sims it is also quite huge in its undertaking and there are many more features at work here which for the most part work perfectly fine.

The issues there are with the game at the moment are nothing like what we saw with PC1 when that game launched. If you're holding out on it so you can confirm your own bias you're just missing out on the experience @Shaun Clarke .

The AI is unbalanced speed wise, but all it takes is a bit of spying beforehand and you can have the greatest races with them afterwards.

I'm hoping PC2 will overcome some of the bugs soon. I just purchased the game today, but have to work so I won't get to try it out till tomorrow morning. I didn't buy into PC1 cause of the negative reviews, but PC2 seems to have a lot of positive reviews already. I'm confident SMS will iron out the bugs with updates. Especially if they want to stay competitive in the sim racing market. I'm keeping an open mind here.

This game has features and stock content that other games don't have but I WANT!

All my currently installed sims including; AMS, RFactor 2, R3E and AC - y'all give a warm welcome to the newest addition to my Steam sim racing (installed) collection PROJECT CARS 2!

Then why the **** are you in a thread discussing a patch for a game you have no intention of playing? Have you got **** all better to do? You probably need to grow up a little and go and do something positive with your time.

Some people just want to piss and moan just for the sake of it. I'm not exactly of of AC, but you don't see me in those threads.

Done some more career races now, and the balance level with track by track AI speed and mainly wet weather do deffently require some work. But if race stays dry(or wet on some tracks where the AI are not to slow in wet) without changing conditions in the race the AI is acctually pretty good. They stay side-by-side on the outside, they are aware off you in those situations and give you room etc so in stable weather conditions they are pretty solid so hoppefully the devs manage to balance them better in wet weather.

(I talk about GT4 AI btw, I know there behaviour can change from car class to car class)

The 50 server limitation is a good thing I think personally, because all the servers it shows are good connection rate (Green) servers, rather than it showing servers with Orange or Red connection rate, which indicate average to poor connections.

Then make it an option, simple as that, let people choose.

Sometimes you might want to play with a friend who has a crappy connection and/or sits on the other side of the great pond and you will be ready to have these issues for the pleasure of playing with that person.

I don't need to be protected from the consequences of maybe choosing the "wrong" server and I want that choice to be mine alone.

And often enough Yellow servers are taken out as well.

It's also highly annoying if you want to chose one particular server, like we had with Gamermuscle's stream last night.

Yeah I'm loving the new career mode structure so far, but currently you do need to enter an event, check out the pace the AI can set in that event, exit and adjust the difficulty accordingly and then only give it a serious go... Quite a cumbersome process so I hope this evenings patch balances it out a bit already.

That doesn't always work either. Sometimes they're inconsistent between quali and race pace. They can be challenging on quali and drive like retards during the race. And don't even get me started if it's a dry quali and a rainy race. We'll see how this patch goes

• Deleted member 113561

So you was part of the Crowd Funding, that funded PC1, took all your money, and then went and got a publisher, who then helped with more funding, and didn't fix PC1.

And then you paid in to PC2, although they was connected to a publisher, which helps funds new games,and they asked for 7mil, and only put up 220,000 them selves......:O_o: Now I am not Accountant, but that screams alarms at me
You seem not to understand how Project CARS 1 crowdfunding works. It was an investment and those invested in it turned a profit. There was also the risk it could be a loss, but it turned out more successful than expected.
Project CARS 2 DID NOT DO IT LIKE THIS. This time there was no investment. You could pay into development, so to say early access and got in return the game and other benefits (what depended on how much you paid) but no profits whatsoever (also not in form of goodies!). They never asked for 7 millions, it was just what they set as a total budget target. It was clear from the beginning that it won't be mainly crowdfunded.
Stop spreading misinformation please.

Nope, why would I waste my £££ where very good friends of mine have purchased it, hoping like me, it was going to be, as Ian Bell said in a thread on here, "EPIC" but they have ALL told me, don't bother.

I would of purchased it, but I know it takes longer than 2hrs to get it feeling anything like real, which is the Refund cut of point.

Again, these friends of mine, we all have the same mind set, we are all grown up, no fan boys and we all hoped....
Weird isn't it... appears the same sort of issues as the previous game.. I haven't tried project cars 2,nor do I have a desire to,but I know what issues I suffered with the first game.an why I uninstalled it from my steam account. Just surprised people expected different from project cars 2? Biased reviews an glossy screen shots are not a genuine representation of the game. Now people have their hands on it... I think we are getting our first honest reviews,if only with the list of hot fix patches an promises of more to come. Apparently project cars 3 is now open for crowd funding....
You didn't try it - so stfu then. Your opinion is worthless.
Additionally: Never believe what you have not seen or seriously tried for yourself!
It's unbelievable how many humans believe they have to spread some form of opinion even if they are totally not qualified to ... just unbelievable ...

Last edited by a moderator:
When I have read all your posts guys I know than I must wait for better days of PC2. It is like a great car without seats or lights or rear view mirrors and so on... It is allright. But why it is so expensive?! Why it is released on the market in this state!? Why devs and publishers hassles me with his incomplete work!?

Last edited:
How are you finding Project CARS 2 so far?
I really purchased it for the eye candy and weather condition improvements as I enjoyed that part in pCars1, but I was not expecting much on the Physics and FFB wheel feel though, but was pleasantly surprised over all...keep the updates coming, there is a Sim in there somewhere.
P.S Appreciated all your work Mr Jeffrey in keeping us Sim racers up to date.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back