PC2 Project Cars 2 updated to Version 1.7.0.0

Project CARS 2 - Update 1.7.0.0
10 September
Update 7 includes:

• Fixed various stability issues.
  • Improved usability of in-game tools.
  • Improved AI ability at various tracks.
  • Improved the penalty system.
  • Improved pitstops and repair logic.
  • WMR headset support now enabled.
  • Various other minor fixes.

Don't they know that train has already left the station? It's on it's way to oblivion where ever that is. One way trip too. But I suppose another train will be coming along soon.:);)

Finally patch day!

Now we get to guess what the devs have done, cause it's too hard to communicate with those that supported them? :thumbsdown:

Checks RX content in hope that a practice session has finally been added.......NOPE......stops looking for fixes and returns back to iracing and instantly joins a practice session.:thumbsup:

Don't they know that train has already left the station? It's on it's way to oblivion where ever that is. One way trip too. But I suppose another train will be coming along soon.:);)
I've not seen/read much yet, but on a console favored forum (not here) the gamers seem to be pretty excited for this patch and Ferrari car pack. Project CARS doesn't seem to be supported as well on the PC platform as the consoles (buyers). I guess that explains why developers can't ignore the console crowd - it pays the bills!
There are many types of racing games from rFactor to Wreckfest, and I'm glad they're not all the same.

Last edited:
The bug where some AI cars does more or less pitstops than necessary is still there.

https://imgur.com/cFAZ7C9

The animation bug that shows a ice tyre when you change tyres using "automatic by weather" strategy, is still there. (Altough it's only the animation, in fact they do change for the correct tyres.)

The minor glitch thats shows an aleatory flag for the player in single player mode is still there. (not important)
In my profile i have a brazilian flag, but the game shows italian, german, etc.

https://imgur.com/i3LUr6e

Another minor glitch still there. Sometimes if you set a Thunderstorm to Dry weather transition, when it stops to rain and the track starts to dry, you receive a radio message "We are expecting thunderstorms for the next 10 minutes" when in fact obviously there is no thunderstorm coming.
Sometimes the engineer tells you to change for wet tyres like 3 laps before the rain starts.

The penalty system is not working.

Try to cut every corner in hockenheim for example, when it gives you the option to "slow down and avoid time penalty", and you brake to enter the next corner, the game thinks you are breaking because you want to avoid the time penalty. This way you can cheat the penalty system.

It should not give you the option to slow down, instead it should give you a direct time penalty.

Where are the fixes?

Last edited:
Pc2 right now is the absolute best in terms of content and features , but imho the physics leave something to be desired . I find myself thinking "thats right , this car is what i think it behaves irl ... Ok ... Great ! ... And suddenly ... What !? :) Nonetheless I think it's a very fun sim and a good all rounder (i don't care about the sim simcade debate). The thing i don't like is the fact that it seems is coming to a dead end and that they are probably moving to the next iteration of the game ...i like games that keep the felling of being "alive" :)
Anyway i would purchase it again no doubt

Pc2 right now is the absolute best in terms of content and features , but imho the physics leave something to be desired . I find myself thinking "thats right , this car is what i think it behaves irl ... Ok ... Great ! ... And suddenly ... What !? :) Nonetheless I think it's a very fun sim and a good all rounder (i don't care about the sim simcade debate). The thing i don't like is the fact that it seems is coming to a dead end and that they are probably moving to the next iteration of the game ...i like games that keep the felling of being "alive" :)
Anyway i would purchase it again no doubt

For me physics are ok for a racing sim. The worst part are the bugs, and the fact they dont want to fix it. Thats why i will not buy Project Cars 3.

For me physics are ok for a racing sim. The worst part are the bugs, and the fact they dont want to fix it. Thats why i will not buy Project Cars 3.

Pc2 makes me angry sometimes but i'm not so strong when a new sim is on the market , i might end up buying pc3( obviously if i've got the money to spend at that moment ) :)
I know with this attitude i'm probably part of the problem :)

Yes you are the main reason they dont care about fixing bugs.

I know , i'm being honest , but in the past, after seeing the first reviews of a new game , if I'm in a mood to buy it , and money to spend, and it is not completely screwed up to begin with , (a lot of if's) I've always enjoyed some aspect of the games i decided to buy. That's the reason i think i'm gonna eventually get a pc3

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 360 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 180 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%