PC2 Project CARS 2 Update 2.0 Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 Update 1.jpg

PlayStation 4 and PC versions of Project CARS 2 received a nice new update today, patching the game to build version 2.0 and adding plenty of fixes.

The new update follows relatively hot on the heels of the September 28th update and addresses plenty of the problem areas reported by the community since the game released, most notable of which would be the AI behavioural and race line improvements, hopefully going some way towards bringing the game AI up to speed and able to present a more respectable offline experience.

Other notable changes for this new patch include potential optimisation improvements to a number of the tracks within Project CARS 2, something that will come as a relief to a number of users who have reported less than ideal FPS returns between different circuit and atmospheric conditions.

No news is available as to the potential for an Xbox One update to the game, stay tuned for more on that at as and when it becomes available..

Build 2.0 Release Notes
  • Improved driving line assist.
  • Various AI behavioural and race line improvements.
  • Multiple improvements and enhancements to multiplayer, and lobby handling.
  • Improvements and enhancements to audio and sound effects.
  • Improvements and enhancements to replays and replay cameras.
  • USB keyboard support improved.
  • Improvements, enhancements and fixes to Career flow.
  • Enhancements to various cars’ handling and standard setup improvements.
  • Tweaks and fixes to Achievement / Trophy unlock logic.
  • Tweaks and fixes to setup UI and flow.
  • Improved default assists for gamepad users.
  • Fixes and improvements to headlights and brake lights.
  • Fixes and improvements to ICM appearance and functionality.
  • Improvements and enhancements to steering wheel support.
  • Fixes and improvements to certain weather / tyre combinations.
  • Optimisations to tracks across the game.
  • Myriad render and performance tweaks and improvements.

Project CARS 2 is available for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 now.

Project CARS 2 Update 2.jpg
Project CARS 2 Update 3.jpg
Project CARS 2 Update 4.jpg

To take your Project CARS 2 experience to the next level, head over to our RaceDepartment Project CARS 2 sub forum and check out the community discussion. We have a place to download the latest Project CARS 2 mods, a brand new Racing Club. Head over, get involved and become part of the community today!

Happy with the new patch? What do you think of the game so far? How do the AI compare following build 2.0? Let us know below!

Last edited:
Happy with the new patch? Well, that deppends what you mean... I have not tested the update much so not going to say much about it, but the patch notes are awefully writen, they could just as well just write ''We fixed some stuff here and there, go test yourself we are not gonna tell you what we have done''

• Deleted member 99238

First impressions.
The virtual mirror in the cockpit continues to be buggy.
Axle of wheel does not coincide in the instrument panel in Acura NSX GT3, Audi R8 LMS
Is it really so difficult to fix? Disappointed.
But very pleased with the sounds of cars, now I like them.

Axle of wheel does not coincide in the instrument panel in Acura NSX GT3, Audi R8 LMS
Is it really so difficult to fix? Disappointed.
I reported that issue for about 40 cars. SMS said it was designed that way to replicate the offset in the real cars and that it was not going to change.
ctrl-k and (depending on keyboard layout) a and e corrects that, but it is not saved.
It bothers me too...

Last edited:
@Newproto
I don't own PCARS2 yet, so can you explain me what's this specific issue you're talking about?
Can you post a picture of the internal cockpit of the Audi R8 LMS in PCARS2?
In cockpit view the steering wheel base is offset to the right or left, which makes the dashboard gauges not aligned with your real wheel. I have virtual wheel disabled, but if you use it, it will not match the place of the real wheel.
Which happens in other sims too, but they offer the possibility to adjust. As it seems VR users are not or less affected, as are controller users.

• Deleted member 99238

If in the SMS think that we all have a VR or that we use a third-person view, then it's time for them to finish with the simulation of the races.

I reported that Acura dash being offset on WMD2 a couple of months ago, and they proved to me that it was really offset with some pictures they had as reference material. Not sure about the Audi but that will probably be a similar case.

And yeah those patch notes aren't too helpful :unsure:.

<snip>
Mod edit - no need for the gay slurs

I can't count how many stupid things are packed in this software as if all together they were not able to make one correct brain.
I'm upset each time i play and i'm not maso.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quickly tested a combo that i knew had issues with both track and car.
Oulton park....massive frame drops on back section of the track
Ginetta gt5....very little feel from the car and constantly spinning on fast corners.

25 ai on track and never dropped below 60 fps in the sector i was having issues with.

The car felt much better and planted didnt have one issue with braking throughout corners or any odd spins.
FFB felt really good in informative mode

Hopefully the other cars that felt odd will now match the good ones now.
Was really hoping for the multiplayer league and new functions to make it into this build.

Must agree that was the most vague channel log ive ever read from the developer....must have been to many things to list lol

Edit: had a few more hrs with the update last night and noticed a few things.

Thrustmaster TX controller profile feels much better, not as notchy, smooth, detailed and the forces more balanced.

Tire model/ffb seems to be a bit tighter and detailed on turn in.....I felt in the past intial turn in was a bit vague and mushy feeling.

FFB meter in telemetry has been updated instead of just showing the max force per force like an on/off switch it now shows you in live time which forces are being felt and how much so it makes it even easier to dial in the forces.

Headlights/taillights are now noticeable during twilight hrs and are overall brighter.

Engine sounds have been improved on several cars.

I had one odd crash when I was in the menus. My screen went black while still playing the menu music in the background, than my monitor went into power saving mode with the game crashing shortly after.
Might have been the game but could also have been due to an overclock of my gpu.

In response to the vague details in the channel log. Ians response on there forms basically said there were 5 major issues they wanted to address with 4 of them being fixed and the 5th was inregards to the g920 controller profile still having an issues.
Ontop of those 5 major issues there was hundreds of tweaks/improvements added in the patch and just too much and a waste of time to list them all.

Last edited:
Yeah, if I had any indication as to what was fixed with racing lines and AI, I might be intrigued. As it is, I will freely admit if they somehow improve the stock car oval racing to something on-par with a purpose-built NASCAR game, they will have my money, even despite my grievances with the first title. It definitely bodes well that they're touching it up and making these improvements (even if we have to find them ourselves) instead of the all-too-frequent set-it-and-forget-it releases out there.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 257 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 169 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 167 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 125 7.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 231 13.8%