PC2 Project CARS 2 Track List Revealed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 Track List Reveal 3.jpg

Slightly Mad Studios have revealed the full list of 60 circuits due to appear in Project CARS 2 on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC this September.

The developers have confirmed 20 tracks will be fully laserscanned, with a total of 60 locations and 130 variations coming to the game, all of which are playable in four "seasons of dynamic weather".

Track List (Including number of layouts)
  • Autodromo Internacional do Algarve 1
  • Azure Circuit 1
  • Azure Coast 5
  • Bannochbrae Road Circuit 1
  • Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya 3
  • Bathurst Mount Panorama 1
  • Brands Hatch 2
  • Brno 1
  • Cadwell Park 3
  • California Highway 5
  • Chesterfield Karting Circuit 1
  • Circuit of the Americas (COTA) 3
  • Daytona International Speedway 2
  • Daytona Rallycross 1
  • DirtFish 3
  • Donington Park 2
  • Dubai Autodrome 4
  • Dubai Kartdrome 1
  • Fuji 1
  • Glencairn Karting Circuit 6
  • Greenwood Karting Circuit 1
  • Lankebanen Rallycross (Hell) 1
  • Hockenheimring Classic 1
  • Hockenheimring 3
  • Hockenheimring Rallycross 1
  • Autodromo Internazionale Enzo e Dino Ferrari Imola 1
  • Indianapolis Motor Speedway 2
  • Knockhill Racing Circuit 5
  • Knockhill Rallycross 1
  • Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca 1
  • Circuit de 24 Heures du Mans 2
  • Le Mans Karting International 1
  • Rallycross of Loheac 1
  • Long Beach Street Circuit 1
  • Lydden Hill 2
  • Mercedes-Benz Driving Events Ice Track 6
  • Mojave 5
  • Autodromo Nazionale Monza 2
  • Autodromo Nazionale Monza Historic 3
  • Nuburgring and Nordschleife 9
  • Motorsport Arena Oschersleben 3
  • Oulton Park 3
  • Red Bull Ring 3
  • Road America 1
  • Rouen Les Essarts 2
  • Ruapuna Park 5
  • Sakitto 4
  • Sampala Ice Circuit 1
  • Silverstone 4
  • Silverstone Classic 1
  • Snetterton 3
  • Sonoma Raceway 3
  • Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps 1
  • Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps Historic 1
  • Sportsland SUGO 1
  • Summerton Karting Circuit 3
  • Texas Motor Speedway 3
  • Watkins Glen International 2
  • Wildcrest Rallycross 2
  • Willow Springs International Raceway 2
  • Zhuhai International Circuit 1
  • Circuit Zolder 1

Interesting track additions to the game include a first officially recreated version of the beautiful Knockhill circuit in Scotland, an historic version of Spa and of course the now essential version of the Nordschleife... in nine different versions!

So after the recent car list reveal, now we know about the tracks, we've seen plenty of screenshots and we've heard about the options and eSports elements of the title. All we need to do is wait for September 22nd and play the game ourselves!

Project CARS 2 will be available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC 22nd September 2017.

Project CARS 2 Track List Reveal 1.jpg
Project CARS 2 Track List Reveal 2.jpg

The Project CARS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for all the latest news and discussion around this exciting new game from Slightly Mad Studios. Check out the sub forum, get involved in the discussion and join our community as we await release later this year!

Last edited:
I don't have problem with tracks using fake names due to lack of license as long as they are in game and same quality as all others. I'd totally buy a track pack full of them if it is in a game I enjoy

I doubt you'll see this... This would be viewed as not the best way to build a relationship to actually get a real license (i.e. can't come to an agreement on the license, so we'll just do it anyway). The main difference was Azure/Monaco for PC1. It is public streets which is public domain. The name was the only protected piece for that track which is why SMS did what they did.

For non-street based tracks, those are protected in their entirety which is why there isn't a full rendition of Suzuka with a different name in PC.

I agree, it would have been much better if the AI that was half way up on the car on its outside just held its line and caused a wreck as the other car moved to the apex of the corner.

Damn AI reacting and avoiding wrecks. Just what we don't want.

Perhaps you'd like more blatant examples of AI cutting corners that you can't attribute to "wreck avoidance"? Here the AI is in the middle of a race, leading a small pack, and cuts two successive corners.

35512288990_31cac4ca19.jpg

35900422195_4d241eaaff.jpg

From 3:50-4:18

AI cuts corner at T1, plenty of room outside, and following AI just repeats the same idiocy. Even worse, if you watch the whole video, the 6 leading AI all inexplicably go into the pits to let the player be in first place for the second half of the race.

To sum up, the AI in pCARS 2 is no better than pCARS 1, effectively making offline racing nothing more than hotlapping.

35903291985_68fa9ed62f.jpg

AI cuts corner at T1, plenty of room outside, and following AI just repeats the same idiocy. Even worse, if you watch the whole video, the 6 leading AI all inexplicably go into the pits to let the player be in first place for the second half of the race.

To sum up, the AI in pCARS 2 is no better than pCARS 1, effectively making offline racing nothing more than hotlapping.

35903291985_68fa9ed62f.jpg

You're reaching on this one again. 1st turn of the race, I'd rather see that than the traffic jam crash outs of the first game on the first turn.

As for pitting to switch tires, don't know, hard to program perfect strategies as mistakes of this nature are made all the time in real racing.

So far I haven't found a really great offline ai in any sim.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 242 15.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 160 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 121 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 225 13.9%