PC2 Project Cars 2 Spa Historic?? Terrible beautiful and awfully wrong.

How could they mess up a track of such historic importance?
It looks absolutely stunning.. the details, the trackside object and landscape. But the road elevations are completely wrong.. such a dip at Malmedy.. it was never there.. the approach to Les Combes.. should be uphill, not downwards.. the road up to la Source.. wtf...
The internet is full of pictures and footage, and the real road is still there.
Slightly Mad Studios turned Spa historic into a fantasy track. What a shame.

Your video's prove my point. (great video's by the way)
The track only goes down after les combes, not before.
There is no such steep decent at Malmedy corner.
I am not talking about the Burnenville descent, that's pretty much ok.
And many other elevations are wrong, where as the rF2 track and the last GPL creation are much better.
It's really a shame because the PC2 track looks absolutely stunning.

That is the whole problem with pc2... they have no idea... no love about motor racing to make a race game good. In Vr it is beatifull... actually there is so much what can make this game big and great what I say specialy in Vr.. but no real drivers... championships... you cant not make your own championships season with the tracks..,.. simple things. They have learn nothing from Pc1 and the forums

Is the spa 1966 we have in RF2 and AC accurate?
I am still to find a video that provide a complete inboard lap to compare.
The PCars2 track also seem to have different curves here and there when comparing with Spa 1966 from the other 2 sim, is it because it is an other era layout or just that they have added fantasy curves to avoid paying license?

Is the spa 1966 we have in RF2 and AC accurate?
I am still to find a video that provide a complete inboard lap to compare.
The PCars2 track also seem to have different curves here and there when comparing with Spa 1966 from the other 2 sim, is it because it is an other era layout or just that they have added fantasy curves to avoid paying license?
The layout is the same in all sims, the real track was basically unchanged between 1947 and 1978.

The basic layout is the same, but the rF2 and GPL 67 versions are quite different to the PC2 one in many respects. I always thought that the PC2 track looked like someone drove a few laps of the rF2 version and then tried to reconstruct it from memory. It's a decent drive, but I'd be willing to bet that the other 2, which are very similar, are much closer to the real circuit.

The basic layout is the same, but the rF2 and GPL 67 versions are quite different to the PC2 one in many respects. I always thought that the PC2 track looked like someone drove a few laps of the rF2 version and then tried to reconstruct it from memory. It's a decent drive, but I'd be willing to bet that the other 2, which are very similar, are much closer to the real circuit.

Yes, basically the same layout, but feels very different, the elevations are different, but not only, the curves seem also different. I would love to have an inboard full lap to get a better idea of what it was like. All I have seen so far is never a complete lap.

How could they mess up a track of such historic importance? .

Because they copied Malmedy from GPL original elevations are identical, go on install default GPL
same roller coaster ride instead of a chicane

... worse of all every studio gets the Kemmel kink wrong ....yes even rF2

The historic Rouen is no different turn 1 elevation is all wrong and again same as GPL errors
I had a go at VLM back in F1 Challenge days for not mentioning Papyrus in credits for Rouen map and they banned me lol

edit: If you want to see a Belgium with proper kink install GPL Hi Res + Spa 1967 3rd party ;)

Oh yes notice how movie reels goes straight from kemmel to Les Combes
I have yet to find any video footage shows the Kemmel Kink

The new kink in GPL was made from old pics and memory of GPLers who were actually there
That is why the kink in Spa '67 is so different from anything else in any sim

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back