PC2 Project CARS 2 Porsche Legends DLC Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 Porsche Legends DLC 11.jpg Project CARS 2 Porsche Legends DLC 22.jpg Project CARS 2 Porsche Legends DLC 44.jpg Project CARS 2 Porsche Legends DLC 55.jpg Project CARS 2 Porsche Legends DLC 66.jpg Project CARS 2 Porsche Legends DLC 33.jpg
Nine new cars and an FIA sanctioned racing circuit have been made available to purchase for Project CARS 2 today! Find out more about the contents below...

Free as part of the Project CARS 2 season pass or retailing at £8.49 on Steam, this latest DLC for Slightly Mad Studios Project CARS 2 game sees nine brand new road and race machines from the 1970's right the way through to the latest 2017 911 RSR joining the simulation, as well as the Porsche owned Leipzig track, for now coming in just the single variation but with more layouts to follow in future...

Bringing many of the most iconic Porsche machines to Project CARS 2, this is for many easily the most impressive DLC expansion released for this still fairly young simulation. Added in the mix a rare circuit in the form of Leipzig, Slightly Mad Studios have performed something of a coup with such an impressive array of enjoyable and iconic cars.

The new DLC is available now for both console and PC versions of the title.

Porsche Legends Project CARS 2 DLC.jpg

Porsche Legends DLC Contents:

Cars
  • 1971 Porsche 908/03 Spyder
  • 1971 Porsche 917K
  • 1972 Porsche 917/10
  • 1973 Porsche 911 Carrera RSR 2.8
  • 1978 Porsche 935/78
  • 1981 Porsche 935/78-81
  • 1987 Porsche 959 S
  • 2004 Porsche Carrera GT
  • 2017 Porsche 911 RSR
Track
  • Porsche On-road Circuit Leipzig

Project CARS 2 is available now on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Check out the Project CARS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more news, discussion and features on this sequel release to the hugely popular Project CARS franchise of games.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Like the contents of the new Project CARS 2 Porsche DLC? Which one is your favourite? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
The SMS devs have issues a workaround for the no turbo issue in the Porsche Legends DLC pack, basically it means selecting the car and track combination you want, saving the game (by selecting options, controls and triggering a save for example) or as I did selecting to start the race, exit the race and then restart the game. Now select the same combination without changing cars or previewing the cars at all. Once restarted full turbo power is restored.

Here is the workaround on the Xbox One: (Video captured by streaming to PC as Xbox One does not capture the desktop in game DVR)

At 38 seconds you can see the car is only reaching less than 400bhp on the grid and in motion, after the game reset. At 2m30s after the restart full power is available.

They have also said this will be fixed in patch 5 but until then there is at least a workaround.

Testing as my writing this. The Carrera GT feels great.
Started it, first thought "damn this cockpit looks excellent, super high quality model!". Next, sound and feel of acceleration... nice!

But then cornering.. Trailbraking kinda works, but the amount of on-throttle understeer is unrealistic for a car this flat, even if it's mid-engine... Checked the Top Gear video of the car and... eff me(!), for whatever that's exactly how that looks like when Clarkson and the Stig drive it. You can't power-oversteer it to get the last bit of turning done out of a corner. Well, good on SMS.

• Deleted member 197115

That's not haters nitpicking, that is a legitimate issue.
Makes you feel special, 911 Turbo with no Turbo, PCars2 exclusive edition.
Wondering what was Porsche's reaction to this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Mods of PC2 forums decided to attack me when I pointed that 911 GT3 R and 911 RSR GTE have unrealistic sounds :D I even got warned, because you know... You can't demand to have a proper sounds in DLC car for which you payed :D

Sound is subjective (repeating self again) and unless you have driven or been a passenger then your perception is just that, your own preconceived idea of what the sound should be rather than as it is IRL.
The 'poor FFB' whining comes under the same heading, people get feedback mixed up with wheel weight, apparently overlooking the power steering factor and the correct way to set up the steering being to minimise kick back and generally smooth out the road rumbles.
My 40+ year old 911 has no power steering but steers with precision and delicacy!
:sneaky:

Last edited:
And of course you watch and listen to your 'multiple onboards' while wearing a full face helmet and Nomex.............:roflmao:
Try real life sometime, television is NOT real life.

Doesn't everyone play video games dressed like that? Oh just me then...:redface: ;)

I'm mean come on, it's not as if they could show the video from inside the car and have an external windproof microphone near the exhaust, or say tucked up inside the engine bay is it? I can honestly say I've never done that to make a track video look better or sound more exciting. That's only because I mount another Go Pro near the exhaust and have them synchronised to start recording at the same time though. Video from inside, audio from outside who'd have thought it. A bit of audio gain and white noise filtering in the video editor works a treat too. Take care not to melt the windproof cases if you try this at home.

I think most people would be disappointed if video games had real in car sounds, a lot of road and wind noise, lots of brake squeal, sometimes some tyre noise and not a lot else. Shift lights and beeps, because you can't always rely on the engine pitch, are a lot more useful in real life than they are in most games.

As with TV, you definitely can't believe everything you see on YouTube.

I'm all for games creating incredible aural drama (Forza 7 in Dolby Atmos ooh, directional individual wheel sounds over kerbs) but I don't think it has anything to do with realism.

Anyway SMS have already said they are on the case so the sound will be different soon, some will like it, others I suspect won't.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back